where do you wish/think your hair will be...

where do you think your hair will *actually* be in 10 years?

• NOWHERE EVEN CLOSE!: not even near where i've always wanted..but i'll hit it someday!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • I'M ALMOST THERE- NOT NOW BUT SOON!: i haven't hit my goal yet, but i'll be so close!

Votes: 23 6.3%
  • WHERE I'VE ALWAYS DREAMED!: i think i'll hit all my goals before/in 10 years!

Votes: 329 89.9%

• Total voters

meia

... in ten years? I was inspired by Miss Jetsetters (;) beautiful hair, might i add!!!) fotki picture where she was talking about going to her reunion proud of her hair acheivements! I want to be proud and feel beautiful then because i wasnt feeling so beautiful back in high school...in ten years i wish to have anthing i've desired somehow so i was thinking what would it be like in 10 years to have my hair looking the way i've always dreamed?

in my thoughts, this is how i thought it would all pan out...

I WISH my hair would be lower mid back, 96% natural, the blackest black, coiled (texture i've always desired and thats how my new growth looks), and touseled into a full halo of beautiful hair around my head. I wish my hairline would be entirely full also! :grin: *i've given up on wanting waistlength and i would very much be happy with all natural mid to lower mid back hair (4-5 inches above waist- i'm not going to KILL myself to get there..i'll be happy with any length longer than i have now lol but i've said the same damn thing before)..

My hair will PROBABLY be maybe 60-70% natural, black, 9-10 inches of new growth coils with the rest of it being straight (although im going to try my damndest to pump up the mtg usage to attain that (9-10 inches) in a year or two...somewhat filled in hairline..i'll probably be happy then than i am now..but oh well lol! rome wasnt built in one day!!!:D

I always thought i'd BC in the next few years but i cant do that..lol i dont have the strength...to see someone cut my ends makes me want to shank someone...getting that all cut off? i'd have a seizure and probably die..lol

what do you ladies wish/know your hair will look like?

Last edited:
In ten years my hair should(don't want to say know bcuz I can't tell the future:lol:) be black(like its always been), lower back or bra-clasp length, and full:cool: . I'm just glad I don't have to wait ten years for that;)

My ultimate goal is mid-back length. I definitely think I will reach that goal in less than ten years if I continue to take care of my hair.

My ultimate goal is full BSL. When my Bra strap is completely covered, I will maintain that length.
I should be top of Bra strap hopefully by Dec this year:) .

It will be getting stuck in doors, clothes, et cetera :thumbsup: Hopefully, not too stuck. This lady on the train last week had hair past her butt!!!!!!!! Everyone with a pulse was checking her out.

I went to get my hair done today for the first time after bunning it for five weeks and I already see additional length, despite my new growth. I believe it can be done and with all these tips, maybe I'll be a Haitian Rapunzel :bouncy:

if my hair keeps growing the way it has been and i only get two trims (NOT CUTS) a year...my hair will be to the floor, ten years is a reallllyyyy long time. Longer than most people think i plan to reach my hair goals within the next two years or so, so ten years might be crazy length, but who knows, i might go through a phase and chop it all off, who knows what will be going on in my life in 10 years

black barbie- hehehe i hope i dont have to wait 10 years either lol although i know if im too optimistic itll blow up in my face! lol so i'ma stick with hoping lol

nigeria- i know i've been having TONS of set backs that make it hard to near impossible to keep my hair up...i think you'll DEFINITELY get there before 10 years is up even with regular trims and everything!

llkaysgirl- i'm like that too with mid to lower mid back length hair- i'll maintain it..i probably wont want anymore hair if at that length for me it'll be full-good luck on hitting BRA STRAP!! WERE ALL BEHIND YOU!;)

Pretty Haitian- hehehe my hair already gets caught in zippers and in my purse strap..i never thought about it until now but maybe thats an indicator my hair is growing? lol... I HOPE! I'm bunning too and BOYYY DID IT HELP! i'm ECSTATIC to see that you've gained additional length
out of it (although some days i feel like a hag for not leaving it out but i keep telling myself its all worth it!) hahaha that new growth is killing me!! i wanna chop so bad but im restraining because i'd be in tears! ahahaha maybe i'll be a blackarican rapunzel hahahahahaha:lachen: :lachen:

luckymonkey1307- ten years IS a really long time! it doesnt even seem like it to me anymore but it is! i think i'll have my first baby by then!! lol.. .im trying to be as modest as possible when anticipating length because i always set myself up to let myself down!! i think thats what i wanted to emphasize the most...that we dont know what the future will hold and that may do more than impact our hair- right now i want a beautiful touseled 3C sorta fro (think diana ross etc., etc.,) but before that i wanted silky straight hair! who knows what i want! lol but all i know is my
hair is DESTINED to be long!:D

Dee- I hear ya girl, thats such a long time it would ****** suck if we all werent by then!! lol!;)

Sweet ambrosia- I HOPE SO & wish you so much good luck!! i'd settle for entirely natural near waistlength hair..and i'd never ask for another inch!! hehehehe!:grin:

Since the average growth is 5 - 6 inches per year, that's 50-60 additional inches of hair (without trims)!
My goal has only been for healthy hair at any length (which I feel I have ) so in 10 years, my hair can only be in better condition, with more knowledge and techniques.

Isis said:
Since the average growth is 5 - 6 inches per year, that's 50-60 additional inches of hair (without trims)!
My goal has only been for healthy hair at any length (which I feel I have ) so in 10 years, my hair can only be in better condition, with more knowledge and techniques.

thats true!!! by then hopefully all my relaxed ends would be off! you have BEAUTIFUL hair! I think you'll be well on your way to BEYOND waist length...my goal is length for now...health will come once i cut all these relaxed ends off because my new growth is a soft, defined, and thick 3C- i have NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with my new growth and i love the curl pattern..

in about ten years, im praying that the relaxed ends will be allllll chopped off! :grin: :grin:

Talk about motivation!
I never realised that I've grown a lot within the last two years. If you check my fotki you'll see where I was in march 2004 to now.
ANd I wasnt taking care of my hair as much as I have been recently.

So with continued use of all these great products and treating my hair each week. Vitamin use and change of diet.
I hope by the next couple of years, I have nice full head of hair again.
I wish I could get an old pic from my mom to show how nice my hair was.

Right now I will settle for having shoulder length hair/Bra strap hair again.

What a great post! I love looking into the future! Anyways, in TEN YEARS....I will be 31. My hair will be 100% natural. Healthy with to die for highlights. It will be WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY past my butt crack in length and I will be the master of twist outs and braid outs! :lol:

This is great motivation. Year 2016 needs to hurr up!

In ten years if I am in good health and taking care of my hair like I am right now, I should have bra strap length when stretched (at least) natural hair. I will be happy w/that.:)

To be honest I don't know where I'll be hair wise. But I know that whatever I do, my hair will be healthy. I think that I probably will be in long waistlength dreds, that is awesome.

in ten years, i will be 27

i would expect to be waistlength natural, or close, depending on how long since I transitioned. If i did around age 22, then yeah i would be waistlength by then. Question is, CAN i do it???

If not, i'd be at waistlength relaxed, especially since I think I will get there within the next year :grin:

In 10 years I'll be 37 with 100% waistlength natural hair and my kids will play peek a boo with it. I should be 100% natural by the end of next year at about 12" of hair so I should have the natural lifestyle cornered in 10 years.

GREAT POST!

trinidarkie1 said:
Talk about motivation!
I never realised that I've grown a lot within the last two years. If you check my fotki you'll see where I was in march 2004 to now.
ANd I wasnt taking care of my hair as much as I have been recently.

So with continued use of all these great products and treating my hair each week. Vitamin use and change of diet.
I hope by the next couple of years, I have nice full head of hair again.
I wish I could get an old pic from my mom to show how nice my hair was.

Right now I will settle for having shoulder length hair/Bra strap hair again.

i've made that realization too that my hair has grown steadily, almost suprisingly..it hardly feels like it and without those update pictures we probably would never know! lol i'm suprised i got as far as i did not taking care of my hair at all...im doing better today but theres always room for improvement!

im already seeing changes so far as my diet, my hair seems to be feeling softer, my nails are longer, and my skin is finally starting to repair itself! i think its all because of my diet at least..lol i streamline it- cut out all the junk and im finally eating all my body needs to sustain itself! for now i'll have to settle having right above mid back which is hardly satisfying enough for me! :( one day ima be longer! lol:grin: - at least im hopeful!!

shellzfoshizzle said:
What a great post! I love looking into the future! Anyways, in TEN YEARS....I will be 31. My hair will be 100% natural. Healthy with to die for highlights. It will be WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY past my butt crack in length and I will be the master of twist outs and braid outs!

This is great motivation. Year 2016 needs to hurr up!

Awwww thank you girl! I love looking into the future too- especially since i hope to have/have done everything ive ever wanted by then...hopefully lol... in 10 years i'll be 30. Ooohh youre shooting for 100% natural too??? oooh with beautiful highlights!! good choice!!! hahaha im just shooting for lower back natural hair cos i have TOOO many setbacks! ahahaha girl youre gonna be TRIPPING on it by then! Hopefully i'll be the master of straw sets (oh yesss with ALLLL that hair! hahaha) and cornrows (done by hand- i can do it now, but its rough as hell to get them parts straight!:grin: )
hahaha girlllll 2016 seems like an ETERNITY away! threads with topics like this keep me hopeful of the future! :D :D

natstar said:
In ten years if I am in good health and taking care of my hair like I am right now, I should have bra strap length when stretched (at least) natural hair. I will be happy w/that

ahhh a simple minimalist! its good to be realistic with yourself!..helps to set goals that you can succeed and complete reasonably...i have a simple goal for myself too! i'm not even trying to be waistlength no more as long as my hair is healthy and 100% natural, i'll be ecstatic!!!

alli77 said:
To be honest I don't know where I'll be hair wise. But I know that whatever I do, my hair will be healthy. I think that I probably will be in long waistlength dreds, that is awesome.

mmmm dreads!! they can be so beautiful when done correctly!! what size thickness were you thinking of attaining? i like medium sized ones- too small can get kind of crazy as anything to take care of! too too thick (or uneven thicknesses (like WAY too chunky and then some skinny ones for that matter and not done properly to begin with) look bad to me..i love dreads also because you can color them anything without any problems! they way dreads tend to grow for most (or at least get longer for most) you'll probably be way past waistlength and healthy! :eek: BEAUTIFUL! :grin: :grin:

carlita said:
in ten years, i will be 27 i would expect to be waistlength natural, or close, depending on how long since I transitioned. If i did around age 22, then yeah i would be waistlength by then. Question is, CAN i do it???
If not, i'd be at waistlength relaxed, especially since I think I will get there within the next year

i'm trying to make this as long a transition as possible for my hair! im aiming for another 2-3 1/2 years of trainsitioning- by then i should be entirely natural and at lower mid back (a few inches above waist) if i keep up the maintenence-

i definitely think you can do it carlita! i read many of your threads and you definitely seem focused on growing! im not doing the bc so its going to be a long process for me..maybe starting in sept i'll do an inch chop of relaxed hair every 3 months..following that my relaxed hair should be all gone by 2008! waistlength relaxed will be beautiful especially with the proper care because relax hair can be fragile! if youll get there within the next year, theres NO TELLING where youll be in 10!!

mscounselor said:
In 10 years I'll be 37 with 100% waistlength natural hair and my kids will play peek a boo with it. I should be 100% natural by the end of next year at about 12" of hair so I should have the natural lifestyle cornered in 10 years.

GREAT POST!

AWWWWWW!!! SO CUTE!! my big goal is by the time i'm pregnant with my first baby i want to have lower mid back, full and coiled, 100% natural hair for my baby to play with and as he or she is growing they can braid it or put funny barettes in it!!!:D :D i cant even imagine what my frame of mind will be like...i think i'll be on a whole nother level when it comes to my life, my mentality, my soul, and my spirituality... i think by then no matter what my hair is looking like, i'll be beautiful inside and out.. WOW girl!!! 100% natural by the end of next year!?!? im so jealous! :grin: thats such a wonderful thing because you'll be down to your butt in 10 years!! hehehehe! i HOPE to be as far along as you in at least 2-3 years honestly! i only have 3-4 (or 5 inches) of new growth in some places and only started transitioning last june!! thats really not that good lol but im still hopeful!
THANK YOU!:grin:

10 YEARS?!?!?!?!

Honestly, I'll be 49 and praising GOD to have let me live to see those many years!!!!

Hairwise, I'll probably have a really short cut (1.5-2.5 inches)...sometimes relaxed, sometimes natural, sometimes highlighted, sometimes natural colored (which right now is moderately peppered with strands of grey).

Well, I calculated that it'll probably take me 8 years to grow my natural hair to my goal of BSL unstretched, so in 10 years I should just about be there!

WOW! 10YEARS!! if i let my hair grow (and it has no limits) then my hair would be to the floor but i think thats extreme, so hopefully i will have decided to grow my hair to waist length and have it blunt cut. or i may just meet my goal in five years and vut it all off, go natural and have armpit length natural!...whooo knows!

hmmm 10 yrs.. i hope that ill be at my goal in 4-5 yrs, but id like near waist length( i dont like hair right at the waist,, but longer than mid back) all natural, natural color, healthy an full hair.

10 YEARS...OMG. My hair better not have me waiting that long to get to mid-back. My goal to have people wondering all the time if I am wearing weave....lol I want healthy hair at all times. Maybe I will cut off all my hair in 10 years and just go natural. As long as it's healthy I am fine.

In 10 years, I will be thanking God for being blessed to see the age of 32. As far as my hair, I am thinking it will be waist or classic length unstretched, natural.

meia said:
AWWWWWW!!! SO CUTE!! my big goal is by the time i'm pregnant with my first baby i want to have lower mid back, full and coiled, 100% natural hair for my baby to play with and as he or she is growing they can braid it or put funny barettes in it!!!:D :D i cant even imagine what my frame of mind will be like...i think i'll be on a whole nother level when it comes to my life, my mentality, my soul, and my spirituality... i think by then no matter what my hair is looking like, i'll be beautiful inside and out.. WOW girl!!! 100% natural by the end of next year!?!? im so jealous! :grin: thats such a wonderful thing because you'll be down to your butt in 10 years!! hehehehe! i HOPE to be as far along as you in at least 2-3 years honestly! i only have 3-4 (or 5 inches) of new growth in some places and only started transitioning last june!! thats really not that good lol but im still hopeful!
THANK YOU!:grin:

Well I have about 2" of ng in some areas and thats only 4 months. Im hoping that the rest of my hair catches up by December 2007 so I can just cut it off. With the stuff Im going through now, Im tempted to cut it but I would just regret it. Setting that time frame helps me.

10 years is an eternity for hair growth! You could grow your hair to waist, cut if off and grow it back to waist again in 10 years' time.:lol:

In 10 years, I will have long since been at waist length for many years. I'll probably be considering coloring at that point to combat grays!:eek:

10 years? WOw my hair will be in tip top shape. Probably sporting 1 long braid down my back because I wont have time to do anythign else (cuz Ill be a doctor by then :) )

In 10 years I will be all natural all even mid back length, natural sandy brown color (maybe a dark brown rinse.... just maybe), thick and full. I KNOW this will be because my diet is changing and I actually know what to do and what not to do and what not to even think of doing.

beyondcute said:
10 years? WOw my hair will be in tip top shape. Probably sporting 1 long braid down my back because I wont have time to do anythign else (cuz Ill be a doctor by then :) )

In 10 years I will be all natural all even mid back length, natural sandy brown color (maybe a dark brown rinse.... just maybe), thick and full. I KNOW this will be because my diet is changing and I actually know what to do and what not to do and what not to even think of doing.

I absolutely LOVE your hair color that's the shade mine used to naturally be before all my "changes". I bet it looks really nice in the summertime with natural highlights. I'd like to eventually get back there if I ever decide to color again.

Back