Which flat iron

praisedancer

I'm thinking about flat ironing my hair, I haven't flat ironed it in a while and I was just curious about what type of flat iron to use. I've heard that ceramics aren't that good anymore and I should try an ion. I don't know the difference. Which type should I use?

sensiblesista

interesting. I haven't heard anything bad about ceramic flat irons before. here's a bump for you. hopefully someone can answer your question:yep:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I've used the ION brand flat iron back in the middle of July and I actually loved the results (of course i had used chi shampoo, treatment, and silk infusion). When I went to the aveda salon to get it styled, the stylist used a chi and i got great results with that as well. However recently (like end of july, 2 weeks after my first attempt) i had a friend use the chi on me and i really didnt care too much for it. my ends looked damaged and my hair felt dry (i didnt use the chi produts then). so i think it has a lot to do with products first, then the iron.

Oh, i used my friend's sedu once and i hated it on my hair, it smelled like cooked bacon and it did not get my new growth at all. hope that helps.