Which is the best...

which is the best to use BEFORE neutralizing

• Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VinDieselsWifey

which is the best to use BEFORE neutralizing a relaxer? if it's not listed, can you post it please?

also, if anyone has any products on hand, could you please list the ingredients. i'm in japan so i can't get to sallys or a bss.

thanks!

Last edited:

sweetascocoa

i want to know too. these are the ingredients of the joico k-pak

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth 2, Mineral Oil, PEG-8 Distearate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Triamine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxpropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Cationic Triamine Complex), Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

VinDieselsWifey

toosexy1 said:
i want to know too. these are the ingredients of the joico k-pak

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth 2, Mineral Oil, PEG-8 Distearate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Triamine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxpropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Cationic Triamine Complex), Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

thanks!!!!

LovelyLionessa

That's funny, I voted in this thread before, and I was sure I posted a reply but it's not here. :look:

Anyway, after my last touch up, before neutralizing, I used Wella, Regeneral ph Normalizing lotion. It's woked very well for me. :yep:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I use Roux Porosity Control. Makes everything else absorb and work in my hair better.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Vitale Revive Positive Conditioner: It says it can be used w/any relaxer Sodium Hydroxide or No-Lye relaxers. The ingredients: Deionized Water, Isostearyl Ethylimidonium Ethosulfate, Methylparaben, 2 Bromo-2 Nitropropane, 1-3 Diol, Polyquaternium-10, FD & C Yellow No. 6.
Some of these things I need to look up my self.

chiprecious

I too love the Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor. Way back when, I also used to use the Mizani Moisturefuse to get in that moisture b4 sealing the cuticle. But Porosity control is a definite "must try" after relaxer for me since I love it's results otherwise.

Cayenne0622

I'm scurred to put something on before neutralizing. I always want to hurry up and neutralize that chemical as soon as possible. How long do you guys leave these products on your hair before rinsing and neutralizing? I'd really like to know about the Porosity control since I've heard so much about it but I still want to hear other answers as well.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well actually the one I use is apart of the Vitale Relaxer system, so it's the next step after relaxing b4 neutralizing, and i must say my hair has never been softer, shinier and better moisturized after a relaxer session compared to my back in the day relax, neutralize and DC. I follow the directs to a "T" and it says 2min. don't rinse out just apply the neutralizing poo on right on top of that.
I see in your siggy you use Affirm maybe you can read more about there relaxing steps to see if the 5 in 1 is something you would like to try since it's apart of there line. HTH's
Cayenne0622 said:
I'm scurred to put something on before neutralizing. I always want to hurry up and neutralize that chemical as soon as possible. How long do you guys leave these products on your hair before rinsing and neutralizing? I'd really like to know about the Porosity control since I've heard so much about it but I still want to hear other answers as well.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Cayenne0622 said:

I leave the Porosity Control on for 5 minutes and then neutralize.

MizaniMami

Cayenne0622 said:

You actually rinse really really well first. THEN apply the conditioner for a few minutes, then shampoo it out.

Water actually neutralized your hair too. Basicly the protein conditioner helps the neutralizing action also. You'll be good.

Tee

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Vitale Revive Positive Conditioner: It says it can be used w/any relaxer Sodium Hydroxide or No-Lye relaxers. The ingredients: Deionized Water, Isostearyl Ethylimidonium Ethosulfate, Methylparaben, 2 Bromo-2 Nitropropane, 1-3 Diol, Polyquaternium-10, FD & C Yellow No. 6.
Some of these things I need to look up my self.

i want to try this one. thanks.