Which Sulfur product worked best for your hair growth?

Which sulfur product grew your hair?

• Sulu Max

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Boundless Tresses

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Bee Mine

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • MTG

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • Claudie's Elixir

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 43 38.1%

• Total voters
@Prudent1 thanks for the info. I may not commit to a challenge but I am thinking about mixing sublimed sulfur with seasame oil and coconut oil. Is it just me or does those oils give yall mini growth spurts??? I'm not sure if my hair was gonna grow like that anyway or not :lol:
@DayDreamist,
Yeah, I understand not wanting to commit:lol:. Just look at the info there. We have lots of lurkers:lachen:. I think the sulfur def gives mini growth spurts or enhances the natural growth spurts we would have experienced anyway. The way those ceramides bond with and penetrate the hair shaft though, it's awesome. So, all in all it helps with retention (which of course is the main objective for all of us here) cause the hair is so supple and pliable:yep:.

BTW- Your hair and makeup both look great in your siggie:up:!

Last edited:
MTG is the truth, it grew my hair from jack to APL, I lost my growth in the past 2 yrs, stopped using it yrs ago, now I realize its the only thing that worked. Going back to it, wondering what to do to curb the smell. Then I didnt care, now I'm married and poor hubby is going to throw up a fit!! hehe

@DayDreamist,
Yeah, I understand not wanting to commit:lol:. Just look at the info there. We have lots of lurkers:lachen:. I think the sulfur def gives mini growth spurts or enhances the natural growth spurts we would have experienced anyway. The way those ceramides bond with and penetrate the hair shaft though, it's awesome. So, all in all it helps with retention (which of course is the main objective for all of us here) cause the hair is so supple and pliable:yep:.

Thanks!!

You have really convinced me with the info you've just given me. Thanks :grin:. I'm going to try this by the end of the week. Won't hurt to try something new!!

MTG gave great results but the smell is too much for me. I am planning on trying the sulfur mix once I get my hand on it to see if there is any difference.

MTG gave me good growth, and right now I make my own sulfur oil and I mix sulu max gro in mega-tek and am getting some good growth from both.

Last edited:
[USER=182260 said:
TrueToHair[/USER];12879649]I thought people were getting great results just using 1 tbsp of sublimed sulfur in 8 oz of carrier oil. I got this from another thread/NJoy's blog and I like doing this. Much better than adding a whole new product line to my hair.

I believe she wrote 1 heaping tsp to 8oz not 1 tbsp. I just don't want you to od on the sulfur;)

3tsp=1tbsp

I got the best growth from using Tiiva's Hair Growth. I am relaxing at 10 weeks tomorrow instead of my usual 12-13 weeks!!

Dommo I have the sediment in the bottom as well. I think it's the MSM and I think it has some type of Pepper(s) as well. I had that same Sediment in the Bottom of both Claudie and Bee Mine, so I just assumed it was/is the MSM. I still shake it tho'

How do yall feel about Glover's Mane (liquid)? I saw some really good growth with that and I've been thinking about buying some and adding it to my scalp oil mixture.

I read in a a quote from a hairstylist in a black hair magazine rave about growth results from using Glover's Mane on the scalp. His suggestion was once week for wt least one hour prior to shampooing.

Please explain to me how u use ur mtg Im planning on buying it. Should I buy just the conditioner or both? Please break it down into basics. TIA

@DayDreamist,

Prudent1 i'm trying to find that info you referred to about sulfur and ceremides. Where did you find it? When I click on that link I end up at a thread about The Matrix movie :perplexed:

So nobody uses Sulfur 8 grease? I remember using it for my thinning edges a while back and it worked!

I vote for Sulu Max. I've used it for years and although it is stinky, my hair grows well with it and it really controls my new growth. I am also trying Gro Aut, but haven't noticed any significant growth from it.

To everyone who has had good results, how often are you applying your sulfur mix? I'm hoping every other day should be sufficient?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back