Which Is The Strongest, Most Effective, Protein Treatment?

Which Is The Strongest, Most Effective, Protein Treatment?

• Dominican Protein Conditioners

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Store-Bought Protein Conditioners

Votes: 123 72.4%
  • Natural Hollistic Ingredients (Eggs, soy milk, etc.)

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Your Own Mix

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
The strongest protein treatment on the market for years now is Dudley's DRC 28. It costs $60 and you can only get it at some beauty supply stores. It's worth it's price because it stops breakage instantly (IF USED CORRECTLY) and you only have to use it every 6 weeks to maintain hair strength.

I think Aphogee, but it is just too drying for me. It takes 2 or 3 shampoo and deep condition rounds to get me back to normal moisture levels.

I think I am going to stick with using lighter proteins more often.

What are some good "light" proteins to use?

I have the Aphogee 2 step in my hair as I type. I've had some bereakage since a stylist overlapped a relaxer. I will be using the moisturizer afterwards and I hope and pray the breakage stops.

I made a DC w/Avacado, Yogurt, Mayo, Honey, Wheat Germ Oil Wheat Germ Protein, Silk Amino Acid & EVOO. Left it on for about an hour. My Hair felt really good & strong.

However, I still rely on Nexus Emergencee 10 minutes under the dryer, no cap, when I feel I really need to get down to bizness.

To Me Dudley's DRC is the best of the mega strong protiens...This helped me through die and bleach abuse on my hair ..but now that my hair is healthy its to strong for me so I use Mega Tek every other week for maintenance and Lamaur Bone marrow on re-touch day.

Thank you for reminding me Empress Yahudah. I have the Lamaur Bone Marrow too, and haven't used it yet. I almost forgot I have that). Can't wait to try that one. And my hair has undergone serious abuse.:ohwell:

I've used UBH... i dont know if I used it consistently enough to see results, but now that I'm on a hair growth journey, I'm trying to incorporate protein into my regimen. This thread has been very useful!

Dudley's to me is definitely top on the list; Second is Aphogee

Right now I am steaming under Motions CPR and rinsing then using Nexxus Emergencee and it is great stuff. My hair stays soft and both products are not too expensive. :)

I like the ApHogee 2 Step treatment for every 6 -8 wks and then the ApHogee 2 Minute Reconstructor or the Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor for bi-weekly treatments.

I've always used my UltraSheen DuoTex and absolutely :love: it. The huge 33.8 oz bottle I bought 2 years ago JUST ran out, and it only cost $4.99!

US_Prof33oz_DUOConditioner.jpg

I think the reason it lasted so long is that in '08 I used to relax four times a year and would use it after each relaxer as well as halfway between relaxers. Now I only relax twice a year, and moisturizing is more of a concern for me than protein.

I was at the BSS and got my DuoTex, and also the ApHogee two step after watching some videos on it. DuoTex also gets hard in your hair and the instructions are clear on NO manipulation when it does. I only got the 4oz ApHogee bottle (which cost more than my 33.8oz DuoTex :lol:). I will give it a try but I don't think I will be abandoning my DuoTex anytime soon. It's a great medium protein IMO and has always kept my protein-moisture in balance for a great price for my student budget.

I'm actually a little afraid to try ApHogee :look:

3 eggs and mayo treatment on a weekly basis worked best for me. Can't wait to start it back up in December.

The DRC 28...wow, who pays for that stuff? I would really have to see an ingredient list because whew...60 bucks? I believe in that stuff like I believe in Santa Clause. I tried the aphogee treatment for a while but when I go to rinse it out hair still falls in the shower. I comb it out before to remove what I think is shed hair then I do the treatment, rinse it out, boom hair still falling. I don't know what the deal is.

hmm didn't realize Dudley's was that good...if I ever have major protein issues i will look into it...

For me.. Eggs and Mayo... If i'm going hardcore protein... if i'm just doing something light.. Keraphix.. still works for me..

The DRC 28...wow, who pays for that stuff? I would really have to see an ingredient list because whew...60 bucks? I believe in that stuff like I believe in Santa Clause. I tried the aphogee treatment for a while but when I go to rinse it out hair still falls in the shower. I comb it out before to remove what I think is shed hair then I do the treatment, rinse it out, boom hair still falling. I don't know what the deal is.

I used up one bottle and I have to admit, it is great stuff. The best protein I have used hands down. And although it is expensive, it lasts a really long time as you only need an ounce or two with each usage. The bottle could easily last a year. The only reason I haven't repurchased is because I am unemployed now and parting with 50-60 bucks on something for my hair is just not feasible.

Since I can't use drc-28, I have been using Motions CPR and Aphogee 2 min but I'm going to look into the Duo Tex.

I second UBH conditioner- I use it weekly to biweekly for protein balance and it does strengthen but also stimulates growth which the others doesn't do ( has peppermint oil in it). it greatly improves the condition of hair with regular use.

all the Aphogee protein ( 2 min or intensive) are def. strong proteins. I only have used these when I have neglected my hair for months and the aphogee always stopped the breakage.

Back