Which lace front do you think would look best on me (pics)?

sparkle25

Hello

I am getting a lace front sewed on my head for 2 months while i am in Europe and i am having trouble deciding which one to get. So if you ladies could kindly give me your two cents on which one you think would look best on me and why, i would greatly appreciate it and it may help me make up my mind. All wigs will be left as they are on the models except i will get it in jet black. Ok so here is a picture of me: http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/severus_s/1245781644.jpg

Now here are the wigs

1) This my first choice because i like the bangs. Im a bangy kinda girl LOL but sometimes ill pull my bangs back with a bobby pin and it looks good too, i just like the bangs cuz i guess im use to them. Also this wig looks as if it would straigten easily and i will want to staighten it a few times: http://www.lacefront-wig.com/shop/C...Lace-Wig-(with-your-specifications!)-p92.html The picture is kinda small, but you get the idea

2) I like this wig because i like the curl and it also looks as if it would be easy to straighten. It also would be different from my normal style, but im afraid this wig would get nappy and tangle, and then shed a lot because of the tangles. I cant really have that as i will be in Europe and i wanna look my best, plus its a lot of money to spend: http://www.lacefront-wig.com/shop/C...Lace-Wig-(with-your-specifications!)-p69.html

3) This one is cute and safe. The only problem is, i like to curl my hair and i heard that straight lacefront wigs are hard to keep a curl. Im not really the one to put too much effort into styles. I like simple hairstyles : http://www.indianlacewigs.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NATASHA

4) Then there is this one. But i would not wear it in an up do like she kind of has: http://www.lace-front-wig.com/celebritylacefrontwig/full-lace-wigs.htm

5) Last one...Again im really afaid of a change and also afraid this will get nappy and tangeled, but this is very pretty, just not sure it would work with my face and stlye: http://www.lacefrontwigshop.com/halle-wavy.htm

Also, does anyone know what difference bleached knots or not work? Same with double Knots, whats that all about?

Thanks in advance girls.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I like 1, 3 and 5. But if I had to pick one, it'd be 1... Or 3.... I like swoopy bangs :giggle:

Okay, okay. I'd go with 1. It's the most versatile because you can either wear it with bangs or no bangs. Plus you can also wear it wavy or straight. It's really cute!

Last edited:

winnettag

I think swoop bangs would look good on you, so I like the first one and the Megan Goode one.
They all look cute though, especially the Halle.

Since you're sewing it on you won't be using adhesives right?
But most importantly, have you made sure those are reputable sites with quality units?

ETA: You definitely want bleachecd knots because they make the hair at the root look more realistic, like it's growing out of your scalp instead of being tied to the lace. Take a look at the bottom of this link to see the difference:
http://www.mslola.com/specifications.html

Double knots are better because the hair is more secure and less likely to come loose, but they should be bleaced or it'll be too obvious.

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

I say 3 or 5 judging by your look.

1 and 4 look a lil to shiny, at least in pic...would give that wig look IMO

and I just dont think #2 will do much 4 ur face

btw you are very pretty I like the style in u posted to compare!

sparkle25

I think swoop bangs would look good on you, so I like the first one and the Megan Goode one.
They all look cute though, especially the Halle.

Since you're sewing it on you won't be using adhesives right?
But most importantly, have you made sure those are reputable sites with quality units?

ETA: You definitely want bleachecd knots because they make the hair at the root look more realistic, like it's growing out of your scalp instead of being tied to the lace. Take a look at the bottom of this link to see the difference:
http://www.mslola.com/specifications.html

Double knots are better because the hair is more secure and less likely to come loose, but they should be bleaced or it'll be too obvious.

Thank you so much for the useful information. Yes i cant put any glues etc on my hair. I bought a senthetic one before just to see if i like the lace front deal and she sewed it on then and it worked out great.

And yes i am very nervous about buying from an online store. Only one beauty supply store in my area has lacefronts and i wanted more variety. Does anyone know any reputable companies? Maybe i could show them the picture of the one i want and they could make it for me just like that.

Miamori

Like many of the other ladies, I also say number 1 or 5.

Also, like winnettag said, you've made sure you'll be getting great wigs and there won't be any customer service issues or anything right? If you're not sure just let us know and I'm sure we won't mind helping out. At least I won't mind taking a few moments to investigate. You know you've got the LHCFBI up in this piece. :sekret:

lilsparkle825

Thank you so much for the useful information. Yes i cant put any glues etc on my hair. I bought a senthetic one before just to see if i like the lace front deal and she sewed it on then and it worked out great.

And yes i am very nervous about buying from an online store. Only one beauty supply store in my area has lacefronts and i wanted more variety. Does anyone know any reputable companies? Maybe i could show them the picture of the one i want and they could make it for me just like that.
The lace front section on BHM will tell you everything about that -- there are definitely a few preferred vendors on there, and they may be able to tell you if any of the ones on your list are garbage and thus narrow down your list even more.

By the way, I say #1.

sparkle25

Also, like winnettag said, you've made sure you'll be getting great wigs and there won't be any customer service issues or anything right? If you're not sure just let us know and I'm sure we won't mind helping out. At least I won't mind taking a few moments to investigate. You know you've got the LHCFBI up in this piece. :sekret:

Yes, please any help is appreciated

Miamori

Yes, please any help is appreciated

Go with what lilsparkle just said. :yep:

Check out BHM. They have an entire section for weaves and lace fronts (we don't) and you can find great vendors (this is where I started when I was looking for a good wig last summer) and would be able to let you know if you should avoid the two sites you're looking at right now.

In the meantime I don't mind avoiding my responsibilities for a little while longer so I'll see what I can find right quick. :drunk:

sparkle25

Yeah im on black hair media right now looking. But what if some of these vendors dont have the style that i want? Do you think some of these vendors would custom make it for me? Alll of these wigs look really full. Is it necessary to get them so full? I mean i dont want it to look fake, but i want it to look basically identical to the picture.

Keedah

I would ask to see a pic of the actual wigs instead of just the celebrity pics. Just so youre sure the wig youre getting is identical to the style you want. '

As far as it being thick you can get light to medium density and if its still not to your liking you can use thinning shears to thin it out.

Also if its a Chinese vendors many times their bleached knots are bleached so lightly they arent bleached at all. Make sure you order from an American if you want to ensure the knots are bleached.

One vendor I am dying to orer from is Ruth Beauty Parlor. I havnt ordered from her before but they rave about her on BHM and from what I hear her wigs are exactly as described.

http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com

sparkle25

Thats who i was looking at. But i need this wig a few days before Christmas, no later than they day after. I dont know if they offer expidited shipping. But i need it, so im going to wait until the morning.

winnettag

Thats who i was looking at. But i need this wig a few days before Christmas, no later than they day after. I dont know if they offer expidited shipping. But i need it, so im going to wait until the morning.

Most sites do have a "rush" option on custom orders and/or expedited shipping if it's an in stock unit. :yep:

Keedah

I know she has a page of wigs for same day shipping. And they ofter are a few bucks less than the custom ones.

sparkle25

Have you found anything out about the lacefront-wig.com company? I think i want to buy a wig from them because they can make it in 3 1.2 weeks and thats how soon i need it. A lot of other companies are saying 6 and i cant wait that long. Im still not sure which wig i want yet, but im not seeing any other reptutalbe company that can do a rush order. I mean they dont have it on their sites if they do and they are not responding to my emails. I need to order a wig by tomorrrow to be sure that it gets here on time.

I looked on black hair media and there are just too many threads to go through. I tried registering so i could ask about this company, but for some reason its not letting me. I keep getting this message pop up that says my email address i put in has been blocked? I dont know why because i have never even been on that site until yesteday. So if you could help or if there is anyone else out there that knows anything it would really help. TIA

Desarae

I would ask to see a pic of the actual wigs instead of just the celebrity pics. Just so youre sure the wig youre getting is identical to the style you want. '

As far as it being thick you can get light to medium density and if its still not to your liking you can use thinning shears to thin it out.

Also if its a Chinese vendors many times their bleached knots are bleached so lightly they arent bleached at all. Make sure you order from an American if you want to ensure the knots are bleached.

One vendor I am dying to orer from is Ruth Beauty Parlor. I havnt ordered from her before but they rave about her on BHM and from what I hear her wigs are exactly as described.

http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com

ITA with the bolded and the wigs on Ruth's are the bomb! I've been drooling for months.

Desarae

sparkle25

http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/five-day-semi-custom-premium-wigs.html

This site has 5 day semi custom wigs, they allow you to send a pic of what you want and they help you match. They are reputabale according to BHM.

That sounds great! Do they have an email address? Because i am not seeing one on the site and everytime i click the "write us" button my computer doesnt allow me to do it. This is a newlap top and im not sure that i have everything set up right and im kind of computer illiterate. I just want to make sure they can actually do this before i pay for it because its kind of a lot of money.