Which protein is better for the hair-milk?animal?

Islandgirl

Okay, so I was reading a post on whether protein was good or bad for the hair, and I noticed that notsomebody pointed out that animal protein makes your hair hard and dry and adrienne pointed out that milk protein makes your hair soft. Well, my question is which kind of protein conditioners/reconstructors is best for the hair-wheat? soy? milk? animal? Or all protein reconstructors/conditoners are just as effective no matter what kind of protein it contains?
(I figure if I can use something like Aubrey GPB which makes the hair soft and still get the same results, y not?)Thanks for all responses!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

adrienne0914

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I figure if I can use something like Aubrey GPB which makes the hair soft and still get the same results, y not?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!

i don't know which is better, but i prefer the ones that don't make the hair hard. why? my hair isn't hard before i use them. and i have a hard time believing that it's helping to make my hair feel worse after i use a product. that's just my lil logic though... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne

ms_kenesha

I second what mirrormirror said. I read somewhere that plant proteins (i.e. wheat) mimic the hair's proteins the best and are therefor very beneficial. Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment uses plant proteins and it doesn't make your hair hard.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm no scientist/professional on knowing which is the better protein but I love the Aubrey GPB for that very reason that the hair remains soft after use, not at all dry. Plus the other ingredients are all plant-based and natural too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess its a case of each to his own...

Allandra

I think Aubrey Organics GPB is a great protein conditioner. It always left my hair nice and soft, and I used it once a week when I had it.

Kenesha, I can't wait to use my fake me out Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment (aka Elasta QP Intensive Treatments Breakage Control Serum). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SVT

Re: Which protein is better for the hair-milk?anim

Allandra said:
Kenesha, I can't wait to use my fake me out Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment (aka Elasta QP Intensive Treatments Breakage Control Serum). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra, these two are the same? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I've been wanting to try the Elucence but I'm tired of having to order online. If the Elasta is the same, then I can just pick it up at the beauty supply. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

Re: Which protein is better for the hair-milk?anim

SVT said:
Allandra, these two are the same? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I've been wanting to try the Elucence but I'm tired of having to order online. If the Elasta is the same, then I can just pick it up at the beauty supply. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Check out the thread (by Supergirl) about these two products. It's all explained here . HTH.

Islandgirl

I think I am going to have to do some experimenting with some protein conditioners (and see if I get the same results consistently over a period of time depending on if the protein is milk, wheat, animal etc.). Or maybe I can ask some hairdressers (something tells me that they wouldn't know the answer to that question). But, I am really feeling the idea of using protein conditioners that leave your hair soft i.e. Aubrey GPB.