Which should I use first...Aphogee or Porosity Control?

Phoenix11

I'm relaxed and my hair is dry, breaking, shedding and won't hold a curl.

I plan on using both Aphogee 2 step and Roux Porosity Control. I'm just not sure which order I should use them or if it matters at all.

They do not proform the same function....correct?

ms.blue

aphogee 2 step is a heavy protein treatment & porosity control is used to seal the cuticules. I think you should use the aphogee 2 step first & as a final rinse the porosity control. Try to get more opinions b4 you try this.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Although I've never tried the 2 Step....Please moisturize your Hair Afterwards to the Nth Degree.

I will do my PC as my Final Rinse after I complete my Protein & Moisture Treatments, to Lock in the moisture, seal & flatten my cuticle and restore my hair back to the proper PH Balance.:yep:

NIN4eva

That's correct, they perform separate functions. What does your current regimen look like? What moisturizers are you using? Are you Lye or No Lye relaxed?

I purchased both of the same products myself on Saturday. I used the Roux PC Shampoo and Conditioner and my hair feels much smoother. I did not use the Aphogee with it (I was planning to as well) because I a bit intimidated by what I've heard about it. I tried to find some info online about using the Aphogee and Roux PC together but found nothing. Have you used Aphogee before with success? If not, I would recommend Nexxus Emergencee Treatment. It's not as hard core as Aphogee and I saw great results from it.

I suggest you use the whichever protein treatment first and see how that works. If you're satisfied I would then go ahead and use the Roux with a Moisturize DC on your next wash day.

JJamiah

When I use it I do my Aphogee 2 step the week before my relaxer, I mix the PC with my moisturizing conditioner and then get under the steamer and rinse. So I use it after the Aphogee but with my moisturizing DC!