Which Stylist should I choose?

Leslie_C

Im in a predicament bc I want to find and stick with one stylist and not salon hop...

The stylist I have been going to does a good job on trims(doesnt cut too much, 1st stylist in history!), and has my wraps looking lovely....but the lady burned my head up the last time she relaxed me. She left the perm on my head for what seemed like forever and Im pretty sure it was overprocessed...the time before I think she underprocessed me

So I came apon a dominican salon who I fell in love with at 1st sight, but looks could be deceiving?(fancy shop,high profile clients AND reasonable prices!) they seemed to know a lot about hair and promote hair health

I dont know whether to stick to who I know and keep an eye on her, or go to the dominicans(leaning towards them) or try various others....

I guess it would be best to go for a wash and set to different places to get a feel for them? but Im 7 weeks post relaxer and know they would be pushing for me to perm....*sigh* whats a girl to do?

Lovelylocs

I wouldnt take my chances with letting the first stylist jack up my relaxer. I say try the dominicans. What do u have to lose? I mean it's not like u already have someone who can do a good relaxer. If you dont want them to trim your hair, just say so.

Shatani

im with lovelylocs....you cant keep taking chances with someone who CLEARLY doesnt know what shes doing with the chemicals....i dont see why you cant have two places!! one for trims and one for relaxers...sounds like a good plan to me...

but anyway, to answer the question...i would give the dominicans a shot before i would go back to that woman to burn me up...
~T~

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Shatani said:
i would give the dominicans a shot before i would go back to that woman to burn me up...
~T~

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Why don't you see if you can talk to someone who gets their hair relaxed there?? Camp out outside one Saturday and wait for someone with relaxed hair to come out that you can talk to!!

plainj

I also think u could have two places. But if u try the dominicans & don't like them, you could use your regular stylist as a back up when u don't have anyone else to go to(until u find someone u could trust) and u really need your hair done. Be very careful about salon hopping. I'm an example of how they all find something wrong with your hair and want to fix it. That's usually when/how your hair gets jacked up. Maybe you could tell your regular stylist when you want her to rinse out the relaxer--when it starts to tingle or burn, u could time her etc.

alona

I say try the Dominican shop. You already know about your current stylist who is suspect on the chemicals.

Maybe you can set up an appointment w/the Dominican shop for a consultation. That way the stylist can get familiar w/your hair and can better tell what is good for your hair.
Having you on the appointment book will allow you to take your time and feel him/her and the joint out.

You may also want to ask if you can visit when there will be a black woman getting a relaxer so you can see what it's like.

just a thought. hth