which vitamin B complex is better for hair?

Afrolinda

I need some vitamine b for hairgrowth and to make my hair stronger, I woul like to take it with biotin and MSM so which kind of vitamin b is the best? I'm trying to choose between vitamin b-6 or vitamin b12.

Last edited:
If u are getting a b-complex, it should have both + more like thiamine, riboflavin or b2, niacin, folate or folic acid, and pantothenic acid.

b6 or pyridoxine is required as an enzymatic cofactor for carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism. assists in synthesis of blood cells.

b12 or cobalamin assists with formation of blood and is required for a healthy nervous system. It is an enzymatic cofactor of homocysteine.

If u are getting a b-complex, it should have both + more like thiamine, riboflavin or b2, niacin, folate or folic acid, and pantothenic acid.

b6 or pyridoxine is required as an enzymatic cofactor for carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism. assists in synthesis of blood cells.

b12 or cobalamin assists with formation of blood and is required for a healthy nervous system. It is an enzymatic cofactor of homocysteine.

Between vitamin b6 and b12, which one is the best for the hair?

I believe NoMoreWeave is saying neither is "better" for the hair. They work in conjunction with the other B vitamins to promote a healthy, functioning system. If you buy a B-50 or B-100 complex pill you won't have to choose between B-6 or B-12 because you'll get both in a large dose along with the other B vitamins by simply taking the one B-complex pill. Biotin is the B vitamin most recommended for hair growth and you already have that covered now you can just get the B-complex.

I believe NoMoreWeave is saying neither is "better" for the hair. They work in conjunction with the other B vitamins to promote a healthy, functioning system. If you buy a B-50 or B-100 complex pill you won't have to choose between B-6 or B-12 because you'll get both in a large dose along with the other B vitamins by simply taking the one B-complex pill. Biotin is the B vitamin most recommended for hair growth and you already have that covered now you can just get the B-complex.

Thank you.

yeah what the other ladies said...singling out one or 2 b itamins really is pointless as they need the other b vits in the family to work to the max.

I agree with the other posters. Don't choose between the two, you need both. Take Super B-Complex which has both plus biotin and folic acid. Taking one of these is like taking a mutli-vitamin. You're able to take more with less-all you need wrapped up in 1 pill.

Back