who has used joico k-pak serum

disgtgyal

Ok I purchased the joico k-pak serum from diamondbeauty.com because i'm in love with the other products and the concept of human keratin to repair human hair makes perfect sense. So I went ahead and ordered it I recieved it today and I opened it to smell it (yes i'm obessed with scents dnt judge me lol) and it smelled like straight castor oil, which scent im very familar with coz it makes me sick. I think i remembered reading on here that someone said it smells cocnuty, so did i get ripped off? Also for future refernce the brillant gloss is a no no the first ingredient is den alcohol, needles to say their both going back, they better have a return policy or we will have problems lol oh who am i kidding i'll just say ok throw the products out and never order from them again.

chebaby

i never tried that product by joico. but if you got the serum to flat iron take it back and get the joico k pak smoothing balm. i love this stuff. it more creamy than it is a serum but it makes the hair so soft and silky. this beat out my chi silk infusion and paul mitchell super skinny balm.

Dommo

Are you referring to the Kpak protect and shine serum. If that is the case, I have it and it smells good;nothing like castor oil...I think this is why joico says their products are only guaranteed if purchased from a certified salon...In any case, it's not much different than any hair polisher; personally I like IC polisher better because it has sunscreen and leaves my hair so soft and is less than half the price of the joico...The kpak serum does contain keratin though, but I don't notice a difference with that added ingredient in it.

disgtgyal

Hmm thanks you guys i think i did get ripped off, mayb i should stick to the ic polisher i was using the one with sun screen also but i figure hey if all the k-pak ive used this far has given me remarkable results thus far then why not add the serum as well but i guess not ah well...

Muse

Do you have an Ulta or Trade Secret near you so you can check out the ingredients and smells before you buy?

lila_baby

To me it smells just like the other products from the K-pak line EXCLUDING the reconstructor in other words it smells good. Maybe you got a bad batch

disgtgyal

I don't know of any ultra or trade secrets in nyc. And Lila if definately doesn't smell like the other products in the line