who hates their hair flatironed??

Saida

I was so exited to use my new ceramic flat iron, I thought it would make my hair feel better, it did, but I still dont like my hair so flat :nono: I feel like I have one strand of hair, it gets so thin :nono:

Oh well.. at least it makes me more determinated to go natural, maybe my natural flatironed hair wont be so thin:ohwell:

I was so exited to use my new ceramic flat iron, I thought it would make my hair feel better, it did, but I still dont like my hair so flat :nono: I feel like I have one strand of hair, it gets so thin :nono:

Oh well.. at least it makes me more determinated to go natural, maybe my natural flatironed hair wont be so thin:ohwell:

I don't like it that much :nono:

I like to see the length that I have straight, but it feels like someone else's hair to me, lol.

Also, it doesn't suit me as much as kinky hair does.

I dont think theres many that share this sentiment but i do not like straight hair on me in general. it always feels and looks weird. I dont mind blown out hair though but not very often.

I don't like when my hair is TOO straight. Sometimes after flatironing on washday, it takes a few days for my hair to get exactly the way I like it, especially 1-3 weeks post relaxer.

I prefer a little more texture.

But, when I am trying to stretch, that flatiron gives me the hookup and I need it to get by.

yeah, i share some of the same feelings you all mentioned.

but since I went through all the trouble of doing my hole head I'll let it be for a while

I've attempted to flat iron my hair around four times this year, but before I can even do half of my head, I get bored with the straight look. I will immediately run to the sink and wash my hair, so my curls can come back.

I know, I hate that feeling. When I go from wearing my hair natural or twist-outs to flat ironed it feels so weird and limp. I'm constantly fluffing it up all day trying to make it bigger:ohwell:. I just like big hair. I like seeing the length when I flat iron but I think I'll stick to roller sets when I want it straighter....at least that way its not stick straight.

I completely know how you feel. I actually would work up to getting my hair flat ironed. I would wait for it to grow to a certain length and then get it straightened. The length was nice, but there wasn't the same thickness that I have when my hair is natural. I really do like the thickness and I think I'd rather have thick and long hair anyway.

ED
www.NaturalHairGrows.com

I don't care for flat ironed hair either. My hair looks way too thin. I think that roller-setting will be my styling option once I reach my goal length.

I thought I was the only one, IA it's nice to see the length, but I much prefer the texture of my airdried hair.

I hate my hair flat-ironed and so does my husband. Like a lot of you, I hate that limp, flat look that I get when I flat-iron. It doesn't suit me at all, it's why I only do it once or twice a year.

It's not that I don't like flatironed hair. It's just that for some reason it's so hard for me to get my hair straight on my own!! So right now I don't really wear my own hair straight that often because it rarely stays straight! :sad: Maybe one day I will be able to do it on my own...

I don't like my hair flat ironed straight either. I use my flat iron to create flips and curls but very very rarely, do I just flat iron it straight out.

I LOVE the body when I get my hair flat ironed BUT I HATE how straight it looks. It makes me feel like am a baby. You know how babies have that thin slicked to their head hair? That's EXACTLY how my hair looks. It looks so thin and uninteresting....BORING. I LOVE big hair!

I hate flat hair and I hate the smell of the flat iron. Smells like burnt hair. I like roller sets best or airdrying.

I dont think theres many that share this sentiment but i do not like straight hair on me in general. it always feels and looks weird. I dont mind blown out hair though but not very often.

I feel this way generally. I like big Chaka Khan/wild hair (much love to Bublinbrownsuga- always love your hair girl!). Once in a blue moon I would want a short bob and that is why I have the wig you see in the pic above (my hair is cornrowed real small underneath for a nice snug fit). Other than that I like the Chaka Khan/Rachel True hair. Less work, looks like me and I am happy. This was one of my reasons for going natural. I could not understand my logic of straightening my hair, simply to rod or roller set it to achieve a certain look, especially when I preferred the look almost 95% of the time. I have done that since junior high school. It just became an epiphany right before my 30th bd that I should go natural. Straight hair is pretty but, not for me all the time.

I can only keep my hair bone straight for about 3 days and then I have to do bantu knots or braidouts, w/ a water based moisturizer so my hair will "get bigger":grin:.

I get soo bored with my hair flat ironed...I used to love it, the straighter the better. It's weird how personal preferences can change over time.:drunk:

I don't like my hair flat ironed either. It's ok for the first day but then I want it to go back full and thick so I don't bother to do it very often. It's a waste of money because I go to the salon to get it done.

I much prefer rollerset sawran wapped hair to flat ironed hair. The flat iron really takes the life out of my hair.

My flat -ironed hair is much more fragile than my air-dried or rollerset hair. I am scared to touch it or comb it too much.

I hate my flatironed hair, because I am not really good at flat ironing. I believe that if I was better and could get my hair to look halfway presentable I would be more inclined to flatiron my hair. Right now I do the whole rollersetting and saran wrap method my hair looks banging.

I agree with you all. I feel the same way when I go to the salon to get it straightened. They get my hair TOO straight. I'm good for throwing some rollers in for a few hours so that it's not so flat. For some reason though, when I flat iron my hair at home, I don't get it as flat, but that may be because I don't want it flat.:grin:

I feel better knowing I am not the only one that has thinner hair once it is flat ironed.

I can only keep my hair bone straight for about 3 days and then I have to do bantu knots or braidouts, w/ a water based moisturizer so my hair will "get bigger":grin:.

I get soo bored with my hair flat ironed...I used to love it, the straighter the better. It's weird how personal preferences can change over time.:drunk:
Yeah, I used to love it too. I can remember wanting my hair BONE straight and I would go over it a million times w/ the flat iron:nono:. Now when I do flat iron I don't even straighten it all the way, most of the time I leave a little texture in.

I love the length of straight hair, but after 3 days it starts to look a little dry and that bugs me. I can't seem to find a product that'll keep my hair moisturized when I flatiron.

Oh and after 3 days I miss twirling my curls.

Back