What About A Shoulder-Length Challenge?

bocagirl

options said:
I'm not sure if this support group needs a ringleader, but I will be happy to try to provide some direction to keep us reporting on our progress on a consistent basis.

How does everyone feel about checking in on the 15th of each month, beginning March 15, with our growth progress? In the interim, we can share where we are length-wise and share strategies and techniques and anything else anyone wants to add.

I think we need someone to do exactly as you are suggesting or else we will get lost in the shuffle. There are so many challenges around.

THanks for volunteering.

KBA

bocagirl said:
I think we need someone to do exactly as you are suggesting or else we will get lost in the shuffle. There are so many challenges around.

THanks for volunteering.

Yes, March 15 check in sounds like a good idea! I better get busy taking pictures to document my progress.

AllAboutTheHair

Can I join if I want to grow my shortest layer to shoulder length? It is currently at the top of my head, so I have to grow to back of the head, bottom of the kitchen, bottom of the neck and then I will finally be on my way to shoulder length. I have got about 8 inches to grow, I suppose. If you will let me, I am in. Don't pay any attention to the rest of it, that doesn't matter for this challenge, that part is in the baggie anyway.

Phoenix

I'm in. I'm not really sure how long my hair is now. It was a little past chin-length in October, but I've been getting it braided since then and I haven't straightened it to see how long it is. But, I have definitely been getting some good growth.

jaded_faerie

Im in....for the shortest part of my hair(front) i have 7in till shoulder length and on my sides i have 3.5 in....

dejaomare

Please count me in!! I am so thankful there are others like me. I'm also in the the Bra-Strap by 2006 Thread, although i have to get to shoulder length first!!

I pray to be at shoulder length by the end of 2005 and Bra-strap by the end of 2006!!

options

Sure, if you want to grow the shortest portion of your hair to shoulder-length, feel free to join us!

Doesn't it feel like shoulder-length is an aim that's almost as awkward and frustrating to reach as getting out of that phase after you cut your hair really short?

beloved1

GREAT! Count me in!! This support group is perfect for me. I have so much in common with many of you, the back of my hair is to the top vertebrate, the sides are about chin length, the front (not counting bang) is past my lip. The shortest part for me is the nape as well. I'm going for bra-strap December 2006 but I'm looking to have it nicely resting on my shoulder this year- hopefully by August.

My regime so far is a high-protein diet, once a week wash/ deep condition with UBH conditioner recipe, no combing while wet (no combing at all really), dry under dryer using hands to shape, use curling iron to straighten/ curl, wrap each night, moisturize 2x a day. Dampen wrapped hair with wet hands between washing and re-oil to keep moisturized. This first three weeks is a hit with a full one inch in growth.

Let's keep eachother motivated, so we don't get to overwhelmed by all these beautiful heads on here.

YummyC

I am 3 inches away from top of shoulder. I had my friend measure it :) It was funny but he humored me. My hair grew a lot these couple months, I am definetly sticking to this routine. So far my staple products are:

Shampoo:
Keracare Hydrating/detangling
Joico Altima

Conditioners:
UBH
Humecto
Salerm WGM
Dove intense moisture
motoins silk protein
NTM
I moisturize with UBH, NTM creme, CD hair butter and UBH Dew sometimes.
HHG ladies.

msmerc

I once had bra strap length hair when I was in high school. I have since cut my hair several times. My long term goal is to have bra strap length again. Shoulder length sounds good also. I am at collar bone right now. Count me in.

Kitkat

Count me in, too! My hair is also in layers, and though the back half of my hair hangs on the shoulder, the shorter layers at the crown and middle aren't quite there yet.

Dang, I'm a challenging fool this week :grin: . . . I just joined the braid challenge, and now this. Perhaps the braid challenge will lead to success in the shoulder length challenge!

cafe au lait

Re: What About A Shoulder-Length Support Group

options said:
It seems like most folks around here are striving to be at bra-strap or waist-length, which is where I ultimately might like to be, but I would be really happy to have shoulder-length hair. Not hair that just stops at my collar bone, but hair that is actually shoulder-length.

Who else here is in this boat? I have never had even shoulder-length hair in my life, so aiming for bra-strap or waist seems like a mjaor stretch right now. With the hair techniques I have learned over the years, I am retaining more length and the rewards are starting to show. My goal for the year is shoulder-length, healthy hair.

Anyone else here?

ETA ... I have changed this from challenge to support group. I think it's more fitting.

I'm in... I am mid-neck at the back and my sides are chin lenght. so a shoulder lenght hair in the next 6 months is my goal. I am on a crazy regime of vitamins, fresh carrot juice daily, I was using the ORS products line but I recently got some mizani products. my last relaxer was 15/11/04, I am due for my next one, which I think will be next week.
so when do we check back in for a progress report? this will be fun. I wish everyone in the group, GOOD LUCK and good healthy hair growth

MissYocairis

Re: What About A Shoulder-Length Support Group

options said:
It seems like most folks around here are striving to be at bra-strap or waist-length, which is where I ultimately might like to be, but I would be really happy to have shoulder-length hair. Not hair that just stops at my collar bone, but hair that is actually shoulder-length.

Who else here is in this boat? I have never had even shoulder-length hair in my life, so aiming for bra-strap or waist seems like a mjaor stretch right now. With the hair techniques I have learned over the years, I am retaining more length and the rewards are starting to show. My goal for the year is shoulder-length, healthy hair.

Anyone else here?

ETA ... I have changed this from challenge to support group. I think it's more fitting.

Count me in. I'm at base of neck. I've never been longer than shoulder-length and my goal is INFINITY (the waist). But, I would be very excited to be back at the shoulders full-fledged again. :wave:

carribslc

I want to join this support group too. My hair is barely above my nape. I'll be glad ... no overjoyed when it reaches shoulder. :)

JetBlack

Peace & Love
I'm in on this challenge. Great idea. I had actually passed shoulder length some months ago. Now, I've lost a few inches due to breakage and a trim. So, I'm in.

options

We are scheduled to report our progress on the 15th of every month, so that means March 15 for the first status update!

LadyZ

I want to join also...Here are a couple pictures... Jan/Feb... I will have a March picture in a couple of weeks...

Mitre

I want to join. My hair at the back is at my shoulder and my sides are 1.5 inches from my shoulders.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Bumping How is everyone doing. As for me I'm hanging in there. I don't know about shoulder lenght this year, but I am happy with the way my hair is going. My hair grows very slowly, but I am retaining hair so that's good. You can see some growth just not alot.

I just may make it after thinking about it for a few minutes.