Why are people so negative?

Sistaslick said:
well imagine having the negative comment come to you in the form of a non-anonymous pm. Yeah, that really puts a human face on things.:ohwell: I think I would have rathered it be anonymous so I could pretend it was someone's kid brother playing around.:(

Don't worry girl, I've just learned from that, that you have to take the good with the bad and keep on trucking. Continue to take care of your hair and continue to invalidate the words of negative people.

How could anyone possibly have anything negative to say about your hair? It's gorgeous.

~Nigeria~ said:
How could anyone possibly have anything negative to say about your hair? It's gorgeous.

I just clicked on to this...and was thinking the very same thing...
:confused: :confused:

Ladies, this hateration biz is just getting outta hand. One of my fotki friends created a PW too because someone from NP.com was writing all these nasty comments and writing them in her guestbook, over and over. This just makes me so mad!!! :mad: The girl or whoever was saying she just wants attention and for people to tell her (my friend) that shes beautiful with gorgeous hair. :eek: Shes mad b/c she has over 500 comments. Can you say JEALOUS????? I just wanted ya'll to know theres a bunch of jealous haters on other boards too. :ohwell:

~Nigeria~ said:

Thanks, ya'll. It's so nice to hear because I've been feeling ugly lately.:lol: My hair looks shiny because it's wet and has leave in cond in it. When it dries, it usually stays as a curly fro. I can't wait til it grows longer so I can do my twists and finger curl practices.:rolleyes:

Isis said:
This is so cute and true!

:rofl: :lol:
Mestiza said:
To: Everyone

Negative people try to place what's troubling them onto others.
8.gif
Knock it off and keep enjoying your lives! Let's have a group hug,
6.gif
if your hands are clean! :lol:

Awww... Thanks, Isis! :wink2: I had to laugh, again, myself. :lol:

I cant wait to get an bad comment, lol probably never will since I've cut my hair, but this means you have something people are jealous of girl!! Keep doing your thing. I always say if you got haters, you must be doing something right.

DD, yes, people can be so mean. I mean seriously, does it really make people feel better to degrade others. Like sistaslick said, it happens in "real" life too. PMs and even face to face. my daughter has been recently subjected to teasing from other little girls. She is very attractive and I feel the girls are jealous. I am teaching her the proper way to respond to jealous comments, as I've lived through them as well.

Try to stay positive. I think your progress is great.

JCoily said:
Girl, I'm just waiting on my first negative comment. Anonymous or not, I'm not above talking 'bout somebody's mama. :lachen:

CTFU!!!! :lachen::lachen:

--------------
DD,
I'm sorry that happened to you. I'll still workin on my fotki--so I'm just waiting on what will be said. But I on't cur tho!!

Just remember: [SIZE=-1]Great minds talk about ideas, Average minds talk about things, Small minds talk about other people. --Unknown.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Keep ya head up ma! ;)
[/SIZE]

CreoleInDC said:
Well...I bet the person who said that to you is an ugly person. And the person who put the negative comment on ya girl's fotki is probably ugly too. My father used to always tell me to never get into a fight with an ugly person. Cause they're already mad that they are ugly and you're not. Because of this...they will try and scratch your face up or pull your hair out in attempts to make you as ugly as they are.

Thankfully I've been 5'9" since the 7th grade. I could fug an ugly girl up without breaking a sweat. ROFL!

So...ugly people...concentrate on own ish and stop spreading your ugly. Blech! There is actually a website for people just like you: http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/

ENJOY!

ROFLMBAO!!!!! "they're already mad that they are ugly":lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

naturallady said:
Ladies, this hateration biz is just getting outta hand. One of my fotki friends created a PW too because someone from NP.com was writing all these nasty comments and writing them in her guestbook, over and over. This just makes me so mad!!! :mad: The girl or whoever was saying she just wants attention and for people to tell her (my friend) that shes beautiful with gorgeous hair. :eek: Shes mad b/c she has over 500 comments. Can you say JEALOUS????? I just wanted ya'll to know theres a bunch of jealous haters on other boards too. :ohwell:
That is pure insanity. Don't people have lives anymore?????

Others have made mention of being ridiculed on Fotki. When I get mine up and running there will be a password and only in my profile. Sorry you had to endure that.

CinnaMocha said:
When I get mine up and running there will be a password and only in my profile. Sorry you had to endure that.

sadly, that doesn't even help too much either these days. LHCF is a big place. A very big place. Most of the people you see are supportive regular posters-- but take a stroll on over to the member list . . .theres tons more who never say a word. Pages and pages and pages of people :look:

DDtexlaxd said:
I was happy to get a fotki so I could see my progress and get advice from others. Then I get a comment that my hair looks like an over juiced texturizer. Why are there people who love to cause negativity? I can't understand why people have to go out of their way to say mean comments to get under people's skin. :confused: If this is what people will do when u get the fotki, I don't want to hear it. I'm putting a pasword in my albums. If u want to see my pics, PM me. I hope this lowers my haters crowd. Does this happen alot with fotki?

:mad: Furious!!!
I had NO idea this was going on DDtexlaxd. I hope all is okay with you now. This was soooo un-called for. I've experienced some negativity on this board....and yes, it's better to have a password. This is also one of the reasons why I won't post fotki. It's the negative energy we can do without!
Just know though that people who are like this usually have the problem!!

Sistaslick said:
sadly, that doesn't even help too much either these days. LHCF is a big place. A very big place. Most of the people you see are supportive regular posters-- but take a stroll on over to the member list . . .theres tons more who never say a word. Pages and pages and pages of people :look:

Do the lurkers count on that list?

Yes, I've gotten a few very negative comments as well.... not usually related to my hair but pertaining to the pics in my album in general (ie, attacking me for wearing "too much makeup" in my pictures..... attacking me very nastily for dating outside of my race--incidentally, my Sig. O is biracial and happens be somewhat light-skinned). *smh* I dont even sweat it.... I just delete the comments and keep it moving. Those are their issues, not mine. I enjoy having a Fokti so much that I wont let a few negative folks steal my sunshine and rain on my parade. :)

Girl, don't worry about it. The negative comments are usually few and far between. Don't let it get you down. Yes, there are some really mean and hateful folks out there--but there are many more positive, sweet, and supportive women who are really benefiting from your progress album, getting inspired and motivated. So I would keep the album open (but locked, if you feel more comfortable), and just let that type of ugliness roll right off your back. :D

KiniKakes said:
Yes, I've gotten a few very negative comments as well.... not usually related to my hair but pertaining to the pics in my album in general (ie, attacking me for wearing "too much makeup" in my pictures..... attacking me very nastily for dating outside of my race--incidentally, my Sig. O is biracial and happens be somewhat light-skinned). *smh* I dont even sweat it.... I just delete the comments and keep it moving. Those are their issues, not mine. I enjoy having a Fokti so much that I wont let a few negative folks steal my sunshine and rain on my parade. :)

Girl, don't worry about it. The negative comments are usually few and far between. Don't let it get you down. Yes, there are some really mean and hateful folks out there--but there are many more positive, sweet, and supportive women who are really benefiting from your progress album, getting inspired and motivated. So I would keep the album open (but locked, if you feel more comfortable), and just let that type of ugliness roll right off your back. :D

This is the truth. I often pondered giving my fotki a password. But it's just hair and if someone says something bad, I'll probably erase it and keep it moving. Some days there will be about 100-200 new visitors but no comments but then you gotta think about it like you're doing this for you.

Unfourtunately misery loves company. There always seems to be a bunch of bad people everywhere in life.

IMO, there can only be one reason for what they did - Jealousy!

Just ignore, you got much love and support from the gals on here!:)

Back