Question Why can't i access lhcf via google?

neanie

For example i googled baggying from google by typing in

Baggying site: longhairecareforum
and also Baggying "longhaircarforum"

and both searches came up with plenty of useful looking results but when i tried to click on the link an error page appears

this also happens to me when i try to access bookmarked pages e.g the entertainment forum :perplexed

healthytext

My bookmarks aren't working either. I think it's because they changed the URLs back to the old style.

This doesn't work:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/entertainment-celebrity-news-more/
But this does:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Your Cheeziness

There are oodles of links that are indexed on google that are no longer accessible. I even tried searching since I had the name of the thread, but it didn't work. Is there a suggestion?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Atleast you guys could sign in. I couldn't even do that.... and my name's changed. I'm really annoyed..... and am going to go put myself in time out.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Atleast you guys could sign in. I couldn't even do that.... and my name's changed. I'm really annoyed..... and am going to go put myself in time out.

Your name changed because you asked for it. We don't change names arbitrarily. I can give you the history of your changed names if that helps. Anyhow we did resolve this in the end didn't we :)

As for Google/Bing whoever. Search engines keep their own index i.e. what pages you have on your site. It is never perfect. Pages get added on a site and get removed. The search engine will not keep up easily with a dynamic site like this one, so you will see a lot of inconsistencies like the ones you have mentioned.

The best way to search is through the search engine of this site which is at the top navigation bar. For more options, use the advanced search feature. Also you can read the FAQ for more tips on better search results.

HTH