Why do you Love Jesus ???

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
please explain why you Love Jesus ?

How do you love Jesus ?

besides reading the Bible what other things can you do to develop a realtionship with Him ?

zora

Wow, such a simple yet complex question. I don't know how to explain it, but when you think of someone suffering, being humiliated and dying for you because he loves you so much, how can you not love him?

I can also say I feel HIM in my heart. The Holy Spirit is a beautiful thing because it resides in you.

Having said that, I don't think I tap into the Holy Spirit enough. You have to do your part to maintain a relationship. He's always there waiting.

EbonyEyes

"Because he first loved ME!!!!"

hehe...I love that song.

Zora is right -- "It's a simple but complex question."

I love him because he is my rock and my salvation. It's because of Jesus that I know exactly how to praise my Father and serve my father. Because of Jesus, I can look forward to living eternally with my Father with no pain, no sorrow, and no tears. Because of Jesus, I have the victory.

I have to put on my Yolanda Adams song "That Name" now!

That's a great question you asked Mitcy.

charmingt

I agree with you Ebony Eyes-- Because He first loved me!!! The more I realize He loves me the more I want to praise Him!!:D

Blossssom

Nice thread, but I think some people only accept Christ because they are afraid not to.

The threat of going to hell and all that makes some people turn to Christ.

imani97

Blossssom said:
Nice thread, but I think some people only accept Christ because they are afraid not to.

The threat of going to hell and all that makes some people turn to Christ.
I agree that for some this may be their motivation. For me on the other hand, I know that my life would be pointless, empty, and way too hard without Christ. God never fails nor abandons us. How many people can we say would do the same, especially when we consistently disobey and hurt that person? He is the epitome of unconditional love and I have to love him just for that. I love God! :)

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
imani97 said:
I agree that for some this may be their motivation. For me on the other hand, I know that my life would be pointless, empty, and way too hard without Christ. God never fails nor abandons us. How many people can we say would do the same, especially when we consistently disobey and hurt that person? He is the epitome of unconditional love and I have to love him just for that. I love God! :)

MM! Amen! God is so faithful, and when we don't deserve to be loved he loves us MORE than we can even imagine! The "epitome of unconditional love" is RIGHT!

Pam Pam

To echo the answer the pp gave, because He first loved me is my sentiment exactly.

For God so loved the world that He gave his only son....

I love Jesus with every fiber of my being although I may not show it in my daily walk all the time. He has been so good to me!!! He has kept me and lifted me up from the hand of the enemy.

One night when I was 19, two 16 year olds with guns robbed my boyfriend and I. I just knew this was my last night on earth. I prayed, God save me!!! Not save me from this situation, but save my soul from eternal damnation.

Not only did I walk away from that episode, I found a church I adored and got saved 3 months later. Six months later, they arrested one of the guys for a shooting in the same park and asked him to tell what happened and he confessed my case. The police were baffled and had no clue what he was talking about. They went back and looked at old cases and lo and behold, they discovered my case from the previous spring. He confessed to everything. Not only that, he was extremely remorseful and told how sorry he was because I was distraught.

Now if that's not a God worth loving through His son, I don't know who is!!!

How do I maintain my salvation outside of scripture??? I talk to God like He's always sitting with me no matter where I am. He shares in my joys, sorrows, emotional rollercoasters, praiser reports, and worships.

When people ask if I have a best friend, I always say yes and let them know it is God.

Can't nobody do me like Jesus...

And by the way, the boyfriend I had when that incident happened told everyone that I left him for Jesus. So that shows you how strong His bond can be with you. I loved the mess out that boy but He didn't love me the way God would have wanted him to.

charmingt

What is so great about loving Jesus is the more you know Him and spend time with Him (God's Word) the less afraid you are about such things as being afraid not to love Him. When you start finding out what He is all about there is NO fear.:)

imani97

charmingt said:
What is so great about loving Jesus is the more you know Him and spend time with Him (God's Word) the less afraid you are about such things as being afraid not to love Him. When you start finding out what He is all about there is NO fear.:)
I completely agree. I also want to know more about him and live my life for him more! He's contagious. I get so much joy thinking about God just because of who he is. I am so thankful that he loves us as much as he does. Otherwise, we'd all be in deep trouble! :look:

fivefoursweetie

I love God for various reasons, but for me, it is at a place now in my life that it is impossible for me not to. No matter all of the things I have done wrong and all of the times I have disrespect him and put him 2nd in my life, he has ALWAYS been there. He has always loved me for what is in my heart although my actions may not reflect that. No human on the earth is capable of that love! He has given me the best blueprint of the human that I wish to spend the rest of my life with (my future husband).

I love Him by trying to place him first in ALL that I do. I love Him by making him MATTER in my daily life. I love Him byt sharing him with others that don't have the fortune to KNOW Him. I love Him by continually enhancing our relationship.

I develop OUR relationship by talking to Him daily, and sharing my thoughts concerns, joys and graciousness with Him. As I draw closer to Him, WE become closer and have a more intimate relationship.

For me I treat it the same way that I would treat building a relationship woth my future husband (FH). To love my FH, I have to get to KNOW him. To truly love someone is to love their character. Also, the more time you spend with a person, the more you can KNOW them.

Good thread!!

charmingt

imani97 said:
I completely agree. I also want to know more about him and live my life for him more! He's contagious. I get so much joy thinking about God just because of who he is. I am so thankful that he loves us as much as he does. Otherwise, we'd all be in deep trouble! :look:

Isn't that the truth? He has protected me so many times!! Just calling on His Name!!

Sweet C

We can be here all day tommorrow, the next day, and the next day, and still will not be able to finish the answer to that first question. So I'll just give a quick list for the first question:

Why do I love Jesus? Because he is King of Kings, Lord of Lords. Because despite all of my problems, he still loves me and wants what is best for me. Because in the midst of my mess, he chastizes me, so that I can become more like him. Because he is the son of God. Because his blood redeemed us from our sins. Because of this blood, if he didn't do anything else for me from this point, he has done enough to receive all glory, honor, and praise. Because he is Jehovah Jireh.

How do you love Jesus? Well, the Word says in John 14:23, if you love him, you will keep his words, and he will abide in you (referring to the Holy Spirit). So that is what we all strive to do, because even when we mess the Holy Spirit is what keeps us and even convicts us of what we need to do. Besides reading the Word, we need to spend time in prayer, especially in intercession for others. I know personally I read more than I pray, so I ask the HS to guide me and strongly convict me so that I will spend more time on my face before God. Reading and prayer is key, and when you allow the HS to lead you, everything else (such as witnessing, fellowshipping, etc.) falls into place.