Why I Refuse To Support Certain Stores That Carry Black Own Brands?

Blue_Berry

I do not support stores like Sally, Target, Walmart, and Asian BSS carrying black owned hair products. Yes, you support an African American product creator, but African American are still not putting money into their communities.

I am not knocking no ones hustle, but I feel African Americans should invest more into their own communities. Other races make sure to have one anothers back. You may say I might be acting racist, but in actual reality this situation is racist towards us. Some hair companies make sure not to sell products to black owned beauty supplies. That is considered a racist action towards black people. If African Americans decided to walk in an Asian community, sell stuff, don't supply them with nothing to sell themselves it is considered racist. Think about it. There are many Black Own Beauty Supplies store that lack proper supply. However, I notice black people hold no power on who they sale too, because black folks only think about money and walking on one another. Asians know how to control which supplier to sale too and don't sell to certain black own businesses. Plus, they give the money back to their communities.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think this is what Keravada's Creator is saying. He is of this same mind-set. Which was one reason he cut his prices in half and offers a Flat Rate $4.99 Shipping.

However, I do buy most of my stuff (Hand-made Naturals) on-line, although I hate paying shipping. I'd say about 99.9%

Occasionally, I'll pop in Sally for miscellaneous Caps etc...and may pick up something additional OTG, but that's not my standard practice.

ETA: If I'm in Tar'get or anyplace like that, I will cruise the Ha.ir Care Aisle.

Last edited:

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
I do not support stores like Sally, Target, Walmart, and Asian BSS carrying black owned hair products. Yes, you support an African American product creator, but African American are still not putting money into their communities.

I am not knocking no ones hustle, but I feel African Americans should invest more into their own communities. Other races make sure to have one anothers back. You may say I might be acting racist, but in actual reality this situation is racist towards us. Some hair companies make sure not to sell products to black owned beauty supplies. That is considered a racist action towards black people. If African Americans decided to walk in an Asian community, sell stuff, don't supply them with nothing to sell themselves it is considered racist. Think about it. There are many Black Own Beauty Supplies store that lack proper supply. However, I notice black people hold no power on who they sale too, because black folks only think about money and walking on one another. Asians know how to control which supplier to sale too and don't sell to certain black own businesses. Plus, they give the money back to their communities.

That's not actually true, though. Black-owned stores cannot get as much product as the bss's do because Blacks and other ethnicities aren't in the Korean clubs where they buy in massive bulk quantities for much cheaper. You have to speak Korean to enter it or have a sponsor so that's a way to keep a monopoly on the market. Black owners have to pay the higher price which limits products on shelves. And all businesses think of making money...that's why they are in business. As for people giving money back to their communities, how do you mean? You re-invest those dollars by buying other Black-owned services and people also might donate some monies for scholarships, small business investment etc. Nobody just gives money to someone. They get a tax write-off for their charity.

Blue_Berry

That's not actually true, though. Black-owned stores cannot get as much product as the bss's do because Blacks and other ethnicities aren't in the Korean clubs where they buy in massive bulk quantities for much cheaper. You have to speak Korean to enter it or have a sponsor so that's a way to keep a monopoly on the market. Black owners have to pay the higher price which limits products on shelves. And all businesses think of making money...that's why they are in business. As for people giving money back to their communities, how do you mean? You re-invest those dollars by buying other Black-owned services and people also might donate some monies for scholarships, small business investment etc. Nobody just gives money to someone. They get a tax write-off for their charity.

Yes, you are right about Korean club and I know a lot of hair companies mostly supporting Koreans. However, some of them don't sale to African Americans too or lie and say they are out of stock on the item (not about pricing ), because they know the company is black own. I talked to this one owner and he told me that some of the companies where always out of stock on items. Plus, I never say hand out money to random strangers. I was stating they give back to their communities. Either way, if you walk into an Asian town who do you see employee and who are the main supporters. Plus, they have housing for their communities as well. Same with Hispanics and other races. Yes, all businesses do think of money, but when you think of wealth and privilege it's usually in communities (Caucasian and Asian). They "feel" like they understand each other. They set aside and make sure their race is better off. Jewish people built themselves from the ground up supporting their communities in America. Look where they stand now. African Americans (not Africans) have been fighting since the slave days on who is better than one another thanks to Willie Lynch divide and conquer strategy (field vs house).