Why is the side of my hair breaking?

fancy112

I don't know what it is but it seems like every time the left side of my hair grows it breaks all over again. Some people say it is the side that I am sleeping on but it can't be because I rotate my head from left to right. Can someone please help. I use soft and beautiful perm Do you think that is the problem? I am currently using wild growth and I don't want to take any Vitamins because of the possible side affects.

Kimmil129

I had that problem too. I just use a satin scarf and try to lay on my left side ( breakage occured on the right side of my head) I don't think it's your perm. Mine grew back in time..just moisturize moisturize moisturize.

G

My left side grows thin compared to my right side. And the two were always uneven. Which hand do you use? I find it that I pay less attn to the left than the right, and I am always playing with the left than the right. I had to cut the habits, and treat them equal. Also, if you wrap your hair, try switching directions every day or two.

LondonDiva

Fancy112, welcome to the board.

What do you tie your hair with at night? If it's anything like pantyhose or a bandana, I'd say definitely switch to using a satin headscarf.

Also how do you wear your hair. Does your style have you pulling it back or putting any pressure on the scalp. Some people's scalps can be more sensitive in certain areas than others.

Have you tried massaging a temple balm or adding some rosemary oil to some oil to stimulate that area.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. I'm no expert in making thinner areas fuller again. Hopefully some other ladies might be able to help you better than I have.

sweetcocoa

To fix my problem I started wrapping in the opposite direction for a month(to give the weak side a break)then alternated every other night the direction I would wrap. Also although I toss and turn I always 'started out' on the same side...so I started sleeping on the opposite side(changing your bed around if necessary). I no longer wrap my hair everynight(just once in a while) and the sides of my hair have really grown.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
sweetcocoa, you are right on the money! I sleep on the side of my face, and my sides are growing like weeds!

Pumpkin

I have complained ad nauseum about the left side of my head on this board. After much experimenting, I realized it was a combination of the way I sleep and the way I wrap my hair. I used to wrap my hair by starting from the back and just brushing my hair around, no part just wraping. I found this put a lot of stress on my hairline. I watched the Dominican stylists wrap their hair and it worked for me. They part the hair upwards near the ear. and wrap clockwise from that point. This way there is no serious stress or tension from not having a part. I also lightly oil the thinning area(s) with 100% castor oil and I can say that in 3 weeks I am seeing a huge difference.

Hi Pumpkin!!

I'm really glad to hear that the castor oil is working for you. Isn't it great? I *think* I see improvements with it but I had stopped using it for a while so I'm 'back' on to using it again daily.

I'll definitely incorporate the side parting first thing too.

fancy112

Thank you everyone for the replies, as a matter I do not part my hair while wrapping it I just wrap it but I will take the advise on parting it first and using cator oil. What I do realize is that I do wrap my hair in one direction only since I am right handed i wrap my hair to the right but no more, after all this great advise I will definately alternate. Thank you guys so much I am new to this site and I am already hooked.

My goal is to grow healthy hair and to grow out my bang by august tom chin lenght.

Thank you all again.