WIGGIN' OUT - Share your wig stories

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi Ladies,

I'm contemplating wearing wigs again...used to wear them consistently years ago. You got a story to share about your wig experience, good or bad? Any funny stories?
I remember wearing out a nice short wig, like this one:

I was so used to wearing the wig, I forget it was a wig... lol.. one day was chatting with someone at work and I started to scratch my head, took me a minute to realize my wig was moving from side to side with each scratch... well, my co-worker's face helped. ah well...
:lol:

C'mon in..would love to hear your story to be inspired...

JJamiah

Dag I am digging for a wig story :)

That one sounds good.

I LOVE MY WIGS, I love love love love love wigs :)

Hmmmmm. But I don't have any stories yet, I am thinking.

Well I have a phony pony story.

One day...... when me and the Mr. were about to COLOR for the first time.

I took my phony pony off and asked him to put it on the side table. So I laughed and asked him did it bother him , He looked like duh LOL, I then released my MBL or WL hair and was like :grin: I have hair. He didn't care one way or the other. His mind was neither hair nor there :giggle: . When we were done he fluffed my pony tail and handed it back LOL.

I was in the fitting room with my 3 year old. As I pulled off my shirt, my wig lifted. Not a biggie, I was in the room. My 3 year old snatches the loosened wig and throws it in the air with pure delight.

Nice & Wavy

Hi Ladies,

I'm contemplating wearing wigs again...used to wear them consistently years ago. You got a story to share about your wig experience, good or bad? Any funny stories?
I remember wearing out a nice short wig, like this one:

I was so used to wearing the wig, I forget it was a wig... lol.. one day was chatting with someone at work and I started to scratch my head, took me a minute to realize my wig was moving from side to side with each scratch... well, my co-worker's face helped. ah well...
:lol:

C'mon in..would love to hear your story to be inspired...
Sis, I have been thinking the same thing lately...I've never worn a wig, so I think I just need to go to a store and try some on:yep:

reeko43

Recently, I decided to annoy the Black women at my job by wearing different wigs. Figured I would give them something to talk about. One week I wore a short #2 colored wig. Several people complimented me on my new hair cut. I just said thank you. The next week, I wore curly fro like #4 wig and the same people looked so confused, lol! The week after, I wore a short wig again, black but with a swoop of red mixed in over one eye. Several of the Black women rolled their eyes which I anticipated (and enjoyed). Quite a few men told me they loved my sexy varied looks. However, one 60+ White guy pulled me over and said "I am sorry to keep staring; but, how do you style your hair so many different ways?" I said, "don't you know I have been wearing wigs?" He said, "No, I just thought that you were one of many Black women who can work that magic with their hair!" :perplexed I wore a braid out the following week.:ohwell:

SunKissedBrown

I wore one for several months last year. It was nice, but I caught myself straightening it in public a few times (just like how Kim from the Atlanta Housewives does) and I knew it was time to get up from under that wig. Other than that, it gave my hair a much needed break :)

Laela

:lachen::lachen:I can imagine how cute and funny that was... kids are hilarious...

lol
I was in the fitting room with my 3 year old. As I pulled off my shirt, my wig lifted. Not a biggie, I was in the room. My 3 year old snatches the loosened wig and throws it in the air with pure delight.

Laela

Nice&Wavy ...yeah, sis... hang out and try some on :yep: I don't know how you'll get all that hair under one, though...

Thanks ladies..for sharing your stories.. funny stuff... lol

Ms. Tiki

I was driving down the street one day, heading home. My wigs was getting hot and I knew I wasn't making any stops. So, I proceeded to snatch my wig off while driving. My girls started screaming and dying like I embarrassed them.

Most recently, I was getting ready to take the girls to school. I got dressed put my make up on and walked outside to get in the car. My daughter yell, "mommy your hair" I felt my head and realized all I had on was a wig cap. I told my youngest to bring my wig outside. I stood in the middle of the sidewalk with my next door neighbor watching and put my wig on. My neighbor was laughing b/c she almost came outside without her wigs. My daughters are still in shock that I stood in from of the house and put my hair on. Oh well

firecracker

Wigs are alot of fun but once I get my buzz on I will pull that wig off and sit it on the bar right next to my drink. :look: I haven't worn a wig in almost a year now. I do plan on buy a few really cute ones that were posted on here.

CocoBunny

Recently, I decided to annoy the Black women at my job by wearing different wigs. Figured I would give them something to talk about. One week I wore a short #2 colored wig. Several people complimented me on my new hair cut. I just said thank you. The next week, I wore curly fro like #4 wig and the same people looked so confused, lol! The week after, I wore a short wig again, black but with a swoop of red mixed in over one eye. Several of the Black women rolled their eyes which I anticipated (and enjoyed). Quite a few men told me they loved my sexy varied looks. However, one 60+ White guy pulled me over and said "I am sorry to keep staring; but, how do you style your hair so many different ways?" I said, "don't you know I have been wearing wigs?" He said, "No, I just thought that you were one of many Black women who can work that magic with their hair!" :perplexed I wore a braid out the following week.:ohwell:

How sweet is that. Look at you working that magic.:yep:

upscale0198

I was at my daughter's job scratching my hair and then I adjusted my wig as I was having a conversation with her supervisor. I didn't see the issue. My daughter just about died. I think she bought more attention to the situation, and if she wasn't being so dramatic, no one would have paid attention.

zoromo

Reeko you are crazy lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoromo

I am loving these stories! Ms. Tiki, no shame in your game lol!!!!

I was driving down the street one day, heading home. My wigs was getting hot and I knew I wasn't making any stops. So, I proceeded to snatch my wig off while driving. My girls started screaming and dying like I embarrassed them.

Most recently, I was getting ready to take the girls to school. I got dressed put my make up on and walked outside to get in the car. My daughter yell, "mommy your hair" I felt my head and realized all I had on was a wig cap. I told my youngest to bring my wig outside. I stood in the middle of the sidewalk with my next door neighbor watching and put my wig on. My neighbor was laughing b/c she almost came outside without her wigs. My daughters are still in shock that I stood in from of the house and put my hair on. Oh well

danniegirl

I use to wear half wig and sometimes when my hair would be to tight or in for too long like shoes i would snatch it off as soon as i was at my door step even before i open the door.

So low and behold i had a long half wig day and i was tired and as i was approaching my door i took and snatched my hair off now with out knowing my would be boyfriend who i was just dating at the time was walking up behind me and i snatched it off and proceeded to scratch my hair like i had fleas.

Now he is behind me and he lets out a loud WHAT THE F--- i turned around cause he scared my arsse and i had the blended front piece of my hair sticking up all over the place and the rest was in cornrolls wig piece and hand with keys. i was so f-ing embarrassed but i played it off continued to scratch my hair and said late at night i snatch my coochy off and scratch my balls like this too.

im such a classy lady dont judge me.

Ms. Tiki

I use to wear half wig and sometimes when my hair would be to tight or in for too long like shoes i would snatch it off as soon as i was at my door step even before i open the door.

So low and behold i had a long half wig day and i was tired and as i was approaching my door i took and snatched my hair off now with out knowing my would be boyfriend who i was just dating at the time was walking up behind me and i snatched it off and proceeded to scratch my hair like i had fleas.

Now he is behind me and he lets out a loud WHAT THE F--- i turned around cause he scared my arsse and i had the blended front piece of my hair sticking up all over the place and the rest was in cornrolls wig piece and hand with keys. i was so f-ing embarrassed but i played it off continued to scratch my hair and said late at night i snatch my coochy off and scratch my balls like this too.

im such a classy lady dont judge me

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

tdwillis

I am a teacher and I while writing on the board I noticed that my head felt cool. I touched the top of my head and felt my hair. My wig had slipped back during lecture. I had to go to the bathroom real quick and put it back on. I walked in like nothing happened and kept the lecture going.

Last edited:

lamaria211

I told my 2yr old son "lets get ready to go to the store" he was ready (shoes on) before me and was rushing me so i said 1 minute honey mommys got to get dressed so my baby goes into the bathroom snatches up my wig and brings it to me while yelling lets go now! like all i need is my wig no shoes no shirt. lol

yardyspice

I got rear-ended at full speed and my wig got knocked off my head! My ds was screaming in the back so I immediately started tending to him with one hand and searching for my wig with the other. It's funny now.....

flowinlocks

I was wearing a half wig with the headband. I decided to run across the street from my job to grab some Taco Bell on my break. I was rushing so I decided to take short cut to the sidewalk and duck under some branches that were hanging from the row of trees that separated the lot from the walk. Needless to say my wig got hung on one of the branches and it came right off. By that time I was on the sidewalk but the traffic light turned red. So that meant I had a whole row of on lookers staring while I politely pulled my wig down from the branch and adjusted it back on my head before crossing the street. :lol: Yes people were in their cars cracking up but hey there wasn't any sense in trying to play it off...

andromeda

i wear a curly big wig. when i got home the other day, i realized that the end of one of my braids was sticking out from underneath the wig. i hope against hope that no one else had noticed my miss ceily plait jutting out amongst my wig's curls....

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I was wearing a half wig with the headband. I decided to run across the street from my job to grab some Taco Bell on my break. I was rushing so I decided to take short cut to the sidewalk and duck under some branches that were hanging from the row of trees that separated the lot from the walk. Needless to say my wig got hung on one of the branches and it came right off. By that time I was on the sidewalk but the traffic light turned red. So that meant I had a whole row of on lookers staring while I politely pulled my wig down from the branch and adjusted it back on my head before crossing the street. :lol: Yes people were in their cars cracking up but hey there wasn't any sense in trying to play it off...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fab_Nikki

I've told this story before on here. I am not a wig wearer but one night (while I was transitioning) I needed a quick hairdo so I slapped on a half-wig. Hubby and I get to dinner, we are laughing, having a good time.

I go to touch my hair (like I do) and I realize my "hair" nearly sitting on my shoulders. I asked hubby was it too far back and he says "No! Well where is it suppose to be"? OMG, we hollered laughing!

I had to try to shimmy it back on right there in the restaurant. These two women were sitting there and I KNOW they probably saw me. I haven't worn a wig out since.

Here is the pic hubby took from that night. That wig is slowly creepin, to the back. LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kandiekj100

I don't know if I told this one or not. I was out on the university's soccer field kicking the ball around with DS1 and DH. There were men playing on the basektball court right next to the field. Well night starts to fall and the sprinklers come on. As we are running off the field, I run directly in front of a sprinkler, which knocks my wig clear off my head. I had recently bc (well, I shaved my head bald), so I had little to no hair and wasn't comfortable walkking passed all those men with my bald head, so I put the drenched wig back on my head. I'm sure it looks like a wet rat was on my head. Oh how DH and ds1 laughed at me that night.

tdwillis

I told my 2yr old son "lets get ready to go to the store" he was ready (shoes on) before me and was rushing me so i said 1 minute honey mommys got to get dressed so my baby goes into the bathroom snatches up my wig and brings it to me while yelling lets go now! like all i need is my wig no shoes no shirt. lol

It is something about boys right? My son knows the name of each one of my "girls" (as I call them) and will bring one for me everytime we go anywhere. He usually says, "mom I think you should wear this one today". At other times, he points to another person's hair and says "My mom bought a wig just like yours!" I get so embarrased.

Laela

:rofl3: :cry:

Most recently, I was getting ready to take the girls to school. I got dressed put my make up on and walked outside to get in the car. My daughter yell, "mommy your hair" I felt my head and realized all I had on was a wig cap. I told my youngest to bring my wig outside. I stood in the middle of the sidewalk with my next door neighbor watching and put my wig on.l

Laela

I need air! Girl you just made me log off....I'm laughing too hard... :lachen::lachen:
:cry: