WIGGIN' OUT - Share your wig stories

djkforeal

When I first started wearing the lacefront wigs I was gluing them down even the synthetic ones and I was working at Macy's during the holidays. I was helping this customer and she kept staring at my forehead, after I was done with her I looked at my mirror and the wig had slipped about 2 inches from my hairline where it was laying before. This black customer came right over my way but before she got there I said, well I'm going on a break, and she said yeah you better go and was smiling. I knew if I would have stayed there looking crazy one minute longer she was gonna eat me alive. But the all timer is from recently when I went to an amusement park here in California and got on this ride called the xelerator (sp?) which is super fast and when we took off my wig almost came flying off! I had to hold down my wig the entire time! I was using the elastic bandage method on the wig which I thought was pretty secure, (but I did not do it right because I made it too long) that wig was almost underneath the ride and I would have never been able to get it back. I was holding that wig for dear life on that ride and I did not care who was looking. Luckily they did not capture a picture of me holding the wig, but they caught a picture of me during the first five seconds and I had a look of shock on my face on how fast we were going and my hair was blowing back but getting ready to fly off!
I still wear my wigs, but I will not be going on any rides with them and I have tightened up the elastic bandages skills for securing them down without the adhesives.

Last edited:

CocoBunny

When I first started wearing the lacefront wigs I was gluing them down even the synthetic ones and I was working at Macy's during the holidays. I was helping this customer and she kept staring at my forehead, after I was done with her I looked at my mirror and the wig had slipped about 2 inches from my hairline where it was laying before. This black customer came right over my way but before she got there I said, well I'm going on a break, and she said yeah you better go and was smiling. I knew if I would have stayed there looking crazy one minute longer she was gonna eat me alive. But the all timer is from recently when I went to an amusement park here in California and got on this ride called the xelerator (sp?) which is super fast and when we took off my wig almost came flying off! I had to hold down my wig the entire time! I was using the elastic bandage method on the wig which I thought was pretty secure, but that wig was almost underneath the ride and I would have never been able to get it back. I was holding that wig for dear life on that ride and I did not care who was looking. Luckily they did not capture a picture of me holding the wig, but they caught a picture of me during the first five seconds and I had a look of shock on my face on how fast we were going and my hair was blowing back but getting ready to fly off!
I still wear my wigs, but I will not be going on any rides with them and I have tightened up the elastic bandages skills for securing them down without the adhesives.

What is the elastic bandage method?

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Lol, if I read this thread last year I might have kept my wigs! Worst moment was out walking with my boys one afternoon, and this crazy gust of wind just hit me hard. I could feel my wig about to fly right off my head, and I immediately grabbed hold of that sucker. This other Black woman was just watching me hold onto my wig with one hand, and try to push my double stroller with the other hand, and she was just giving me pure "Oh you pitiful thing you" out of her eyeballs. I think I was done with wigs for good shortly after that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay...Um...So, I'm always trying to "Kill 2 Birds with 1 Stone" so, most of this entire Summer I've been cowashing in the a.m. and Slapping on a DC'er, some Saran Wrap, a Plastic Cap and a Wig Cap.

You know...:look:to save time and I figured I could get my DC a'la GHE on while at the Office.:lol:

So, one morning I was getting ready to go into a very important meeting which I had to do a presentation and this guy says:

"Hey, I think you have something in your Hair?" And I'm like really?:look:

And my Plastic Cap was Hanging out underneath the bottom of my Wig. I was horrified.:blush:

SMH.:lol:....:nono:

*durn LHCF*

Nice & Wavy

:lachen::lachen::lachen:...hilarious stories.

I have to share this story and it was posted by ThatJerseyGirl here on LHCF....h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s and one of the best stories on here...I still have tears when I read this story:lachen:

**EMBARRASING MOMENT AT THE CAR WASH!!!**
Picture this....

I went out for a few minutes this evening since the weather is nice here in D.C. I decided before I went home to vaccum my car. Soooooo....I pulled up and there was on guy to my right in his 7 Series BMW (he was FINE!!!) and one guy to my left in his Mercedes... As I got out of my car, the guy in the BMW spoke... (he was HOTTT). I was at the car wash on Branch Avenue (for you ladies in the DMV area), where all the fine brothers go to wash their cars.

Long story very short, I started vaccuming my car. I finished the back passenger side and decided to do the front passenger side. So, I threw the nozzle up to the front and the nozzle got a little stuck by the arm rest. So when I went to the front to pull it from the back...you will never believe what happened!!! ~~drum roll~~

I guess I snatched the nozzle too hard, because when I did....I hit myself in the forehead with the nozzle and OFF CAME MY WIG!!!!!!!!:blush: That dayum nozzle snatched it RIGHT OFF MY HEAD.....:eek:chile..I was soooo :busted: lookin!!! I was in my car fightin with the nozzle trying to get my wig back and the more I fought for it, the more it got sucked it in....so now, I'm bent ova in my car fighting with the nozzle and half my wig is in it, meanwhile I got this stockin cap on my head (not a wig cap) and had da nerve to use a pair of old stockins with the legs tied in a knot!!!!!! ( It neva dawned on me this would happen).

So then dude in the BMW comes over and says.."hey, are you alright"....by this time the machine cuts off, I'm sweatin, all outta breath...now it seems like every cute guy in the D.C. area wants to pull up.....so I had to come out of my car lookin retarded...and I couldn't say nuffin....I just wanted to get in my car and drive off into the sunset :auto: I was speechless...I just said "uh huh"..... At this point, I wanted to crawl UNDER MY CAR and hide :hide:!!!!!

Now, since the machine is off, I pulled my wig out, but along with it came a book of matches, lint, etc. So I just threw the dayum thing in the trash. I could tell he was holding in his laugh, so I just da hell with it and snatched the stockin cap off too. I didn't even finish cleaning the inside of my car.....I couldn't. I just drove home looking like an idiot >>>:vette:

Then I walk in the house, already pissed and my son asks me..."dang ma, u went out lookin like that....what happened to you" You know I just looked at him, rolled my eyes and kept it movin..... I can neva show my face there AGAIN!!!!!!:wallbash:

djkforeal

bump.. tell us about this elastic bandage method, djkforeal
I am really sorry that I have not gotten back to this thread, I have not been keeping up with the boards lately. Yes, this was the elastic band method and I am still using that method. I have figured it out now and I did not have that problem again this year when I went back to the park.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:...hilarious stories.

I have to share this story and it was posted by ThatJerseyGirl here on LHCF....h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s and one of the best stories on here...I still have tears when I read this story:lachen:

**EMBARRASING MOMENT AT THE CAR WASH!!!**
Picture this....

I went out for a few minutes this evening since the weather is nice here in D.C. I decided before I went home to vaccum my car. Soooooo....I pulled up and there was on guy to my right in his 7 Series BMW (he was FINE!!!) and one guy to my left in his Mercedes... As I got out of my car, the guy in the BMW spoke... (he was HOTTT). I was at the car wash on Branch Avenue (for you ladies in the DMV area), where all the fine brothers go to wash their cars.

Long story very short, I started vaccuming my car. I finished the back passenger side and decided to do the front passenger side. So, I threw the nozzle up to the front and the nozzle got a little stuck by the arm rest. So when I went to the front to pull it from the back...you will never believe what happened!!! ~~drum roll~~

I guess I snatched the nozzle too hard, because when I did....I hit myself in the forehead with the nozzle and OFF CAME MY WIG!!!!!!!!:blush: That dayum nozzle snatched it RIGHT OFF MY HEAD.....:eek:chile..I was soooo :busted: lookin!!! I was in my car fightin with the nozzle trying to get my wig back and the more I fought for it, the more it got sucked it in....so now, I'm bent ova in my car fighting with the nozzle and half my wig is in it, meanwhile I got this stockin cap on my head (not a wig cap) and had da nerve to use a pair of old stockins with the legs tied in a knot!!!!!! ( It neva dawned on me this would happen).

So then dude in the BMW comes over and says.."hey, are you alright"....by this time the machine cuts off, I'm sweatin, all outta breath...now it seems like every cute guy in the D.C. area wants to pull up.....so I had to come out of my car lookin retarded...and I couldn't say nuffin....I just wanted to get in my car and drive off into the sunset :auto: I was speechless...I just said "uh huh"..... At this point, I wanted to crawl UNDER MY CAR and hide :hide:!!!!!

Now, since the machine is off, I pulled my wig out, but along with it came a book of matches, lint, etc. So I just threw the dayum thing in the trash. I could tell he was holding in his laugh, so I just da hell with it and snatched the stockin cap off too. I didn't even finish cleaning the inside of my car.....I couldn't. I just drove home looking like an idiot >>>:vette:

Then I walk in the house, already pissed and my son asks me..."dang ma, u went out lookin like that....what happened to you" You know I just looked at him, rolled my eyes and kept it movin..... I can neva show my face there AGAIN!!!!!!:wallbash:

^^^
OMG. I am cryin ova here!!!!
I can't even breathe.

PureSilver

Hi Ladies,

I'm contemplating wearing wigs again...used to wear them consistently years ago. You got a story to share about your wig experience, good or bad? Any funny stories?
I remember wearing out a nice short wig, like this one:

I was so used to wearing the wig, I forget it was a wig... lol.. one day was chatting with someone at work and I started to scratch my head, took me a minute to realize my wig was moving from side to side with each scratch... well, my co-worker's face helped. ah well...
:lol:

C'mon in..would love to hear your story to be inspired...

You mean like the day my wig fell off in the office?:lachen::lachen:

strawbewie

One morning I was getting kids ready for school and we all dress, I'm packing things and kids into the car... My son jumps out of the car, I'm yelling for him to get back on the car... He runs in the house and comes out with one my wigs and says "mommy you forgot your hair". Caught up in the moment of the morning I walked out with just my cap

Last edited:

kimpaur

One morning I was getting kids ready for school and we all dress, I'm packing things and kids into the car... My son jumps out of the car, I'm yelling for him to get back on the car... He runs in the house and comes out with one my wigs and says "mommy you forgot your hair". Caught up in the moment of the morning I walked out with just my cap

LOL :lol: too funny

felic1

One of my cousins went to the amusement park and got on a ride. Her wig blew off and she spent the rest of the day in the stocking cap.

londonfog

Almost 10 years back me, my sister, and her 3 sons went to a local fair that had come to town. My oldest nephew (around 8 at the time) wanted to get on some rides but his mom wouldn't take him so I decided to get on with him. BIG MISTAKE!! We got on the ride that looks like a bicycle chain where only 2 people could get in each little compartment w/ no bottom so your feet are just dangling out towards the ground. My nephew was tall enough so we got on. Needless to say when the ride started, my nephew was so thin that he started to slide underneath the lap bar (that was supposed to hold him in!!) falling out of the bottom of the ride. I threw my arm out to hold him in place but it wound up underneath his neck because when we flipped upside down, my wig came off!! I had to hold my head upside the wall on the left to keep the rest of it from coming off but my head had only pinned the ends to the wall but I refused to let either one (my nephew or the wig) hit the ground!!:nono: I was screaming & crying because I didn't know how long I could hold my nephew up that way and needed them to stop the ride but I refused to get off that ride with out my wig! Plus I did not have the money for another one!! :lachen: My nephew was screaming "I'm gonna die!!!"

Of course our screams were drowned out by the other people screaming too. The ride only went on for 5 minutes but that seemed like a long 5 minutes to hold an 70lb child up by the neck with only your forearm. My arm & neck hurt so bad from using all of my muscles to hold my nephew & the WIG up that I could barely get the wig back on before they let us out. Its funny now but I cried so hard my sister had to take me right back home. She laughed at me even though her child was about to plummet to the ground!!

I'm not gonna go into the story about how another wig came off in the massage therapist hands when he got to the back of my neck. I'll save that for another time.:grin: