Wigs in the heat

Maybe I'm used to it. I wear lacefronts through storm, snow, sleet, hail, and sahara desert weather. I have to use a wig cap, because the combs will break off my cornrows and mama can't have that.

I was an avid wig-wearer while transitioning, but only from late Sept to late March of each year. Can't do it in the NC heat and humidity. My wigs are just stored away in my closet because I don't have use for them right now.

I was an avid wig-wearer while transitioning, but only from late Sept to late March of each year. Can't do it in the NC heat and humidity. My wigs are just stored away in my closet because I don't have use for them right now.

Do you have any good ones that you're willing to sell or give away Jewell? :look: :lol:

I believe that there is never an excuse to go outside with your hair looking tore up. Which is why I do wear wigs in the summertime, not often, but on those days when my hair isn't decent. I tend to go for the short wigs which I feel are a lot better on those long summer days. The hair is up, not on my shoulders or on my back.

Yes during the summer I like the short wigs. They're still hot though, just not as much as the longer ones. Thanks for the advice about trying human hair and the net instead of wig cap. I'll try those in the near future :)

Back