Wilderness Testimonies?

OhmyKimB

AJ Butel:
Any Battles We are Facing are in His Hands!

Accruing Pressure

I don't know how things are panning out in your world, but it seems to me that even though God's Spirit is moving like never before, many Believers have been facing extreme challenges and difficulties at this time. Many have become TIRED of fighting and are weary of waiting. You might be one who feels as though disaster is rising upon your skyline, obscuring the hope of your future.

No matter where you turn, or what you do, a smog of despair continues to shroud you, and you feel OVERWHELMED as you sense the looming plans and purposes of the enemy. Whether it is emotional, relational, physical or financial, he is trying to suffocate the life-flow of fruitfulness, creativity and prosperity in and through your life. Although in the natural it may seem as though there is no way out, please allow me to encourage your heart. Our God is so much greater than the enemy's ranting and raving, so much more powerful than any war or rumor of war; and our Heavenly Father wants to remind us that any problems and battles we are facing are in HIS hands!

I am seeing breakthrough emerging, and it's in the very places that the enemy has been tightening his grip. I believe the Lord is bringing RELEASE. I can see that despite the odds, God's people are learning how to receive HIS supernatural breath—HIS reprieve and strength.

I too have had intense trials swirling, and just recently as I was plumbing my Bible's depths for His answers, Holy Spirit led me to a story in 2 Chronicles. He gave me a 'lifeline' Word. I pray it encourages you also. Let me set the scene.

A Clean Sweep

Thousands of years before today, there reigned a king who was going about doing the right thing—Jehoshaphat, the King of Judah, had been cleaning up the pollution of sex-and-religion shrines in his kingdom, and urging his people to turn back to God. He appointed judges and priests to be stationed over the different cities of Judah and reminded them of their responsibilities before the Lord. He required them to walk and rule in the fear of the Lord, cored with the values of loyalty, integrity and courage. He was transforming the culture to honor God. All was progressing well. Life was good.

Except, after he had cleaned house, this revolutionary leader receives the report that a massive army comprised from three surrounding regions has amalgamated against him! A colossal takeover is in motion. Needless to say, King Jehoshaphat is scared! A formidable force is rapidly approaching, and in the natural Jehoshaphat stands no chance. He is facing a royal dusting! However, ALTHOUGH FEARFUL, he sets himself to SEEK the Lord, and proclaims a fast throughout his kingdom.

The country of Judah united in seeking GOD's help—they came from all the cities of Judah to pray to GOD.—2 Chronicles 20:4, The Message

The Sound of War

The King stands before his newly reformed court and lifts his heart and voice toward Heaven. With bulky bravado, he renounces the natural to invoke the supernatural—He praises the Lord for who He is, and reminds his people of God's greatness and faithfulness. He remembers that they are dwelling within the land which God gave Abraham, and of the Lord's promises for salvation.

Then Jehoshaphat gets honest with God and says that this army which He didn't permit Israel to destroy previously is now about to throw us out of Your possession which You have given us to inherit (2 Chronicles 20:11, NKJV).

OhmyKimB

Facing eviction from their home, Jehoshaphat requests the Lord's help and admits their frailties: …they've come to kick us out of the country You gave us. O dear God, won't You take care of them? We're helpless before this vandal horde ready to attack us. We don't know what to do; we're looking to You.—2 Chronicles 20:12, The Message

I love how Jehoshaphat remembers their history with God, and reminds Him of His promises. Then he concludes with but our eyes are upon YOU. Even though the enemy's dust is billowing upon his horizon, Jehoshaphat is looking upon God's promises for his future.

What about you? In your need, in your desperation, what are you remembering? What or who are you looking toward?

Thus Says the Lord

So, the whole of Judah, men, women and children, stand attentively before the Lord—awaiting His answer. Tick-tock... I imagine you could have heard a pin drop! And then suddenly, the Spirit of the Lord comes upon Jahaziel, who prophesies to the people and their King:

Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's.'—2 Chronicles 20:15, NKJV

PHEW… thank God! I can just hear the people's gasps of relief and see their rejoicing; but then I imagine the crowd soon hushed and leaned further in to hear the word of the Lord, and Jahaziel continues to download Heaven's proposition. He releases the blueprint on where they are to meet the opposing army and then brings the punch-line of all war strategies:

Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the LORD is with you.—2 Chronicles 20:17, NKJV

In other words, Here's your brilliant battle plan; you don't have to lift a finger. I just want you to stand firm and watch God's devotion transpire! By the way, don't be afraid, don't waver, but march out toward your vast adversary with BOLDNESS because the Lord is WITH YOU!

YIPES! I don't know about you, but I might have had just a wee niggling of concern, Well, umm… HELLOOOO… Does anyone else find this slightly disturbing? What about the impending overthrow? We are far outnumbered and there is NO WAY OUT! Are we seriously just going to walk up to our assassins with a song in our mouths? SOMEONE? ANYONE? I'm not feeling very indestructible!

How often do we invite the supernatural invasion of the Lord, yet embrace the immensity of our natural circumstances as our dominant reality? How often do we falter at the instruction of the Lord, and set off on our self-designed, self-navigated journey of self-made success? How often do we trust in our opinion and rely on our brawn? If we are not LED by the Spirit, our potential is thwarted. If we are not empowered with His wisdom and strength then we are inferior. If His breath doesn't fill the production of our hands then we are limited. I don't know about you, but I want to see the riches of HIS FULLNESS at work in and through us!

At the Top of Their Lungs

But look at Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah. This revivalist king bows his head so low that his face is upon the ground. All of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem do the same. And they WORSHIP God! They praise Him "with voices LOUD and HIGH!" Despite the imminent disaster raring ahead, they let it rip—with ALL THEIR HEART and trust—and proclaim God's goodness and magnitude.

On their way out to meet the army, Jehoshaphat greets them all with this pep talk: Believe in the LORD your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper (2 Chronicles 20:20, NKJV).

In other words, Don't forget who God is and what He has done and is doing in you and I. Put your trust in Him and we shall be built up and supported. Agree with what was spoken and promised, and we will prosper or be 'pushed forward' into what He has prepared for us!

Have you had the word of the Lord hidden in your heart for such a time as this? It might be a prophetic word, Scripture, a friend's anointed encouragement… don't take these gifts for granted. Can I encourage you to cling to the words the Lord has given you and anticipate His manifestation. From a posture of surrender, allow the Lord to propel you into your next dimension—your next season.

Then Jehoshaphat appoints people to sing to the Lord and praise Him. Remember, this is while they are facing potential desolation! Yet, they glorify God! They give thanks for His love that never fails. They gratefully proclaim His mercy that just won't quit. They honor His allegiance that remains standing even when everything else falls away.

I am so challenged by Judah's obedience and faith. I have to ask the question, What if instead of bickering about our doctrinal issues and judging one another, the Body of Christ arose in spectacular shouts of praise for His goodness, His majesty and His grace? What would we look like? How would the world respond? And in what way would the earth echo our cry?

In the Meantime...

So all of Judah is loudly and unashamedly praising their God. IN THE MEANTIME, the Lord sets up ambushes against the invaders and they are annihilated! Remarkably, the three sections of this conglomerate merger fold in on themselves. The different parties turn against each other, become confused, and all kill one another. EVERY last one! HA! No escapees!

Did you catch that? When God does a job, He does it properly! And when He vindicates, He works in completion. Selah.

Now check out my favourite part, When Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away their spoil, they found among them an abundance of valuables on the dead bodies, and precious jewelry, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away; and they were three days gathering the spoil because there was so much. (2 Chronicles 20:25, NKJV).

WOW! There was MORE profitable loot than they could carry away. So their adherence to God brings them not only salvation, but increase! MULTIPLICATION! Judah scores the bling with no bang! YAY God!

I heard a breathtaking definition of "justice" this week: The restoration of every violation of love. How privileged are we, that God-the-Just recovers or reinstates EVERY INFRACTION of the enemy, in His love! That's His perfection right there! None-the-less, please note: not only was Judah's kingdom sustained, but it was added to—all-be-it "accidentally!" What the enemy had constructed for evil, the Lord converted to good. Can you imagine their solace? Can you envision their elation as they are FREED from the intimidation of ravage and ruin?

How about you? Do you realize that freedom and victory is available to you also?

The Scripture says that the people went back to Jerusalem WITH JOY, for the Lord had made them celebrate over their enemies. And the fear of the Lord came upon all the nations who heard about what God had done. Judah was safe, protected—overshadowed!

It is the same for us today. We are shielded with the defense and favor of the Lord, and His dominion is ours as we trust and honor Him. As for Jehoshaphat, God gave him REST all around (see verse 30)! He gets to settle in the peace and assurance that God fights his battles and holds his future in His hands.

Dear friend, DO NOT FEAR! No matter what the diagnosis, prognosis, doom, economy, status, or perception—praise and worship the Giver of your promised land—your Redeemer. He is SO extravagant in His flourishing intent for you. Remember the word of the Lord to you! Believe in it, so you shall be established and prosper! May His sweet REST envelop your heart!

A Prayer: the Altar

Pray this with me: Lord, I'm longing for Your salvation, Your refreshment, and Your increase. I confess, I have been apprehended by fear of what lies ahead. HOWEVER, I don't want to be living a life that is ruled by the trends of the culture around me. I don't want to find the answers within an empty counterfeit, a powerless bandage. I don't want to be a "realist"—earth-bound by the world's opinions. I don't want to be satisfied by temporary superficial pleasures. And I don't want to be asphyxiated with the anxiety of tomorrow.

Rather, I desire to seek Your face and to know You intimately. To hear YOUR word for me in my TODAY. To download Your strategies for my future. I want Your heart to hold premium prerogative in my life.

So Lord, I repent for my lack of trust in You—for my failing of faith that You will do me no harm, and my inability to believe that You desire to prosper me. And I repent where I haven't surrendered to Your power to deliver me. I reject the opinions of the naysayers and gloomy forecasters around about me. I refuse to enter into partnership with the limitations of my mind.

And I choose to align with Heaven. I rest in Your presence, reassured by Your love, living breath-to-breath from Your whispers of wisdom, overshadowed by Your supernatural power, under-girded with Your amazing grace, surrounded by Your kind favor, and basking in Your peace which passes all! Let Your presence cover me from every side. In YOU I stay my hope.

Amen.

With love,

AJ Butel
Email: [email protected]

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
And this Child of God says AMEN!

Kimbb... God bless you for posting this. It's timely and edifying!

AJ Butel:

No matter where you turn, or what you do, a smog of despair continues to shroud you, and you feel OVERWHELMED as you sense the looming plans and purposes of the enemy. Whether it is emotional, relational, physical or financial, he is trying to suffocate the life-flow of fruitfulness, creativity and prosperity in and through your life. Although in the natural it may seem as though there is no way out, please allow me to encourage your heart. Our God is so much greater than the enemy's ranting and raving, so much more powerful than any war or rumor of war; and our Heavenly Father wants to remind us that any problems and battles we are facing are in HIS hands!

Butterfly08

I agree with Laela! Kimbb I was tremendously blessed by your posts! :yep: Things are getting tough for the saints but I believe we will begin to see God battle for us in this day like never before. Previous battles were easy enough for us to handle on our own, but I believe He is setting things up so that we have no choice but to trust in Him for deliverance. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. Amen, and amen! :pray:

MSee

I agree with Laela! Kimbb I was tremendously blessed by your posts! :yep: Things are getting tough for the saints but I believe we will begin to see God battle for us in this day like never before. Previous battles were easy enough for us to handle on our own, but I believe He is setting things up so that we have no choice but to trust in Him for deliverance. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. Amen, and amen! :pray:

Same here. Thank you so much. The post also confirmed what I felt I have been hearing, it's time for praise. I believe God is about to do an awesome work for me.

MSee

Kimbb I went to look up the writer of the last article you post and came upon this one. I speaks to my situation and even though I didn't intend to give up, I felt it was necessary to recommit my situation to God. I hope it blesses someone else. The section about connecting with other God-fearing believers reminds me to thank you ladies again. You see I am normaly the encourager but when I was blown into the wilderness it seems like most people I knew were ready with words to kick me down. This thread alows me to learn, be corrected and yet in a small way contribute to others.

God is about to breathe on His promises over our lives. He is challenging us to embrace the Word He has placed in our hearts, and to invite His Holy Spirit to breathe on us. He is wanting to restore to us a new hope and a fresh vision. He is wanting to fulfil His purpose in and through us.
The Spirit of the Lord is searching to and fro, seeking out those who love Him. He is yearning for intimate relationship with a people who are hungry, holy and humble before Him. God is wanting to bring form to His Word, and manifest His Presence to this dying world.
There is an intensity - a sense of urgency like never before. I don’t know about you, but I want the power of God in my life. I don’t want to just get by, acting out a mediocre and average existence. I don’t want to finish this race without having given my Lord everything. I desire, with all my heart, to live wholeheartedly and abundantly - passionately serving Him - with His mighty hand backing up all that I do - for His glory.

In order to be whom God has destined us to be, we cannot afford to become complacent and lose a sense of expectancy that God is about to move on our behalf. Without hope, we will be shredded and disintegrated upon the winds of disappointment and fear. Without courage and trust in God, we will perish to our own devices. So we need to learn the habit of anticipating His supernatural intervention at all times. With all the pressures and strains of this world, it is so easy to become tired, frustrated and discouraged. Often times it doesn’t seem as though God is working on our behalf. It can appear as though the heavens are brass and the hand of God is far from us. But He is wanting to remember His promises to us, and demonstrate Himself in and through us beyond what we could ever hope, dream or imagine.

There is a short story of a woman the Bible calls a notable (great, high, mighty, noble, rich) woman - the Shunammite woman (2 Kings 4:8-37). She honours a holy man of God (Elisha), and hospitably feeds him whenever he visits town. Eventually she honours him by building and furnishing a special room in her and her husband’s home, and providing lodging for Elisha and his servant Gehazi whenever they need it.

The Promise Is Spoken...
To show his appreciation for her generosity, Elisha asks if there is anything he can do for her - but she graciously declines. It is plain that in helping this man of God she wasn’t after a reward - her heart was to simply assist him. But the Lord recognises her humility; and when Gehazi informs Elisha that the woman has no son, Elisha calls for her and prophesies, “About this time next year you shall embrace a son.” (verse 16)

Her reply reflects many of our own when the Lord speaks over our lives. Sometimes His promises can seem wonderful and grand - but unachievable. She cries out, “No, my Lord. Man of God, do not lie to your maidservant!”

In other words, “Don’t get my hopes up... This sounds too good to be true. I couldn’t stand it if God said He would grant the desire of my heart and it doesn’t come to pass... Surely I can’t live if this word isn’t fulfiled!”

MSee

Today we are sensing a shift in the heavenlies. God is challenging us to embrace the promises He has placed in our hearts - despite how things may appear in the natural... To believe for the impossible and make way for the improbable... To take up the shield of faith and ward off the enemy’s accusations of doubt, fear and hopelessness.

Let’s read on with to see what happened...

True to the Word of the Lord through the mouth of His prophet Elisha, the Shunammite woman conceived and bore a son when the appointed time had come... and the child grew (verse 17).

The Promise Is Delivered...
God breathed life on her womb. Even though her husband was “old”, and natural biology prognosed that a child was out of the question, she conceived and manifested God’s promise. She physically embraced the fulfilment of the Word of the Lord. Notice that this occurred when the appointed time had come.
Know that there is an appointed time and season for the fulfilment of God’s promises in your life. And once God says it, His Word cannot return to Him void.
It is like defying the basic law of gravity... It cannot be done. It’s a principle of the Kingdom. God says it, and that settles it!

But this story doesn’t end here...

The child is out with his father one day in the fields, when he clutches at his head in pain and is taken up to the house where the Shunammite woman - his mother - holds him in her arms until noon when he dies.

Hang on a minute! PLEASE REWIND!! The little boy dies!? I thought he was the manifested promise of God! A few years down the track, sure - but the promised child none-the-less! Dead!?

I imagine the Shunammite woman didn’t just stand by and watch her child pass away without a fight. I can see her now as she tenderly cradles his small frame and rocks him back and forth... I can hear her heart pounding as she bravely ignores the hard swelling lump in her aching throat, and sings softly over him. All the while she is fervently praying - trying to ease his pain, not allowing him to see her anguish. I can feel her desperate attempts to impart her own life and strength to him, so that he might recover, and bounce back through the fields to greet his father. She is sponging his clammy face and limp hands, and wiping his grubby feet with her tear-soaked garments - all the while whispering words of healing and hope.

Bringing cool water to his gray chaffed lips, she struggles to fight away Fear and Doubt as they coil their cruel talons of despair around her heart. Taking evil advantage of her pain, they attempt to drain away the hopes and visions she has of her boy’s future. They relentlessly seep poisonous lies of unbelief and confusion in to her mind, clouding her peace and judgement while she is at her weakest. What do you think of your wonderful God now? They torment her. It appears as if He has abandoned you, right when you need Him the most... He is withdrawing His promise... Obviously you don’t deserve it... Can’t you see He is judging you... Maybe this promise wasn’t really from God in the first place...

This gut-wrenching scene continues... As the intensity of the midday sun reaches it’s peak, I sense this desperate mother feels her young boy’s life slipping away. She grabs his little face and demands him to focus his glazing eyes on hers. Gathering every smidgen of scattered courage within her, she delivers a final convincing plea: “Live, son, live! You have so much to look forward to. So many experiences to partake of. A long, full life to live. It’s not time for you to go. Live, son, live!”

But he dies.

MSee

Have you ever held a promise in the palm of your hand, or tasted the outworking of God’s Word and power in your life; but then seemingly hit a brick wall, and watched it fall apart right before your eyes? Have you ever felt like the very life of your destiny was sliding away between your fingers?
Please let me encourage you, DON’T GIVE UP! Watch what this mighty woman of God does... Despite her grief and confusion, she gently lays the lifeless body of her darling baby boy on the prophet’s bed in the upper room, shuts the door and says, “It is well.”

The Promise Is Laid Upon The Altar
The Shunammite woman had a determination in her heart that she heard from God. He had granted her a promise, and she wasn’t going to accept anything less! She lays her promise on the altar of her former sacrifice - in the room she and her husband had prepared for the man of God; and without explaining her intentions to anyone, she has a donkey saddled and heads out to find Elisha - the vessel of her promise. Elisha’s servant comes riding out to meet her - asking after her, her husband and her son. The woman’s response rings true. “IT IS WELL!”

Can you imagine? The thing she holds most dear to her heart... That which she prayed and stood and waited and believed God for all those years and years... The sweetest, warmest and most amazing miracle of God’s manifest power in her life, is lying cold and stiff, and she says, “It is well.”

I think I would be throwing a major wobbly right about here - wouldn’t you?!

She has watched the mighty Hand of God transform her desert, barren circumstance in to a glorious testimony of His loving grace, only to see it distort and vanish in a fleeting moment. And she says, “It is well!” Is she in denial? Is she cold-hearted? Is she losing her mind with grief? NO! She is walking in believing power! She says, “It is well”, by faith. She is not looking at her circumstance as it appears; but looking through eyes of faith and TRUST IN HER GOD! She is single-minded. She is pure-hearted. And she believes wholeheartedly that the man of God who prophesied her promise - her son - will be used as an instrument of the Lord to resurrect her boy.

Reaching the man of God, she abandons cultural protocol and throws herself at his feet - persisting he accompanies her home. She is desperate. Elisha accepts her determined plea and instructs his servant Gehazi to take his staff in his hand, and to go directly to the child without becoming distracted along the way. He asks Gehazi to lay the staff on the child’s face. This is very significant. I believe Elisha’s staff signifies the Word of the Lord.

As we embrace God’s Word with everything in us, store His promises and His faithfulness deep in our lives, and walk in obedience, God can then breathe His life and ignite the flame of our hearts. His Spirit alights on His resident Word to manifest His glory, His life, and His power in and through us.

Recently I was going through my morning ritual of exfoliating in the shower, and the Lord spoke gently to my heart. “You know you spend more time loofah-ing your body than cleansing yourself with the water of My Word.” We need to ask ourselves, Is God’s Word given absolute priority and securely positioned within my heart? So often we become consumed and distracted with the much less significant and less productive ‘outer’ areas of our lives, sabotaging our personal potential and inner peace.

The Promise Is Resurrected
The servant follows Elisha’s orders and positions the staff on the boy - but nothing happens... that is, nothing happens until Elisha goes into the room, shuts the door and prays!

Now look at what this radical prophet does... He lays over the top of the child - mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes and hands to hands; and as he stretches himself out over the child, the young boy’s flesh becomes warm! He repeats this process until the child sneezes and opens his eyes. The boy comes back to life! See the power of the breath of God! He can resuscitate what is seemingly gone!
Allow His Holy Spirit to breathe afresh on You and His Word and promises in your heart. Set aside any hopelessness shrouding your circumstances and declare, “It is well.” Look neither to the left nor the right as you focus on laying the truth of His Word across your heart, and invite His Holy Spirit to breathe upon your life, your strategies and your programs. Then watch Him move!

MSee

You see, when we try to complete and manage ourselves and satisfy our agendas in our own strength, we so often fail. And as we strive to take matters into our own hands and fix them with our personal knowledge and mere abilities, we tangle, distort and hinder our fleshly works all the more. Allow God Almighty - Creator of the Universe - to breathe on your life, your relationships, your family, your work, your finances and your future. His breath can create and establish from nothing! He can breathe upon dust and bring forth life. His breath can cause that which is rigor mortis to pulsate again. His breath can destroy the works of the enemy.

Because of her maturity and spiritual perception that “ALL WAS WELL”, the Shunammite woman once again held the promise of the Lord in her arms. She once again embraced her son’s warm, breathing, moving life - brimming with hope and potential. She once again savoured the moment of the manifestation of God’s glory in her family. She once again testified to the goodness and greatness of her Lord.

God wants you to see what He has prepared for you. He wants you to have spiritual perception where you can look beyond the natural and see what wonderful things He has laid up for you. God wants to put His eyes on your eyes, His hands on your hands, His heart on your heart - and breathe upon you. He wants to resurrect His promises which lay dormant in your life. He wants to prove His Word!

The question is, will you shut the door on fruitless striving, other people's opinions, and your own agenda - to make room to invite His sweet Presence and life-giving breath to usher in the fulfilment of His spoken Word?

MAKE THE CONNECTION
1) Connect with your God.
Your Heavenly Father has made a way for you to access Him. The Bible says that a major key to living a victorious life is to honour and praise Him despite your circumstances. Allow His Holy Spirit to completely saturate you with His fresh, powerful Presence. Welcome the Holy Spirit to carry you to new places in Him, heal you with His sweet oil, and consume all that isn’t of Him with His purifying fire.
• Ask God to breathe on you. As we come to Him in worshipful intimacy - mouth to mouth - He can breathe His life... His way... His truth. Oh Lord, breathe Your fire on the altar of my heart - that I might know Your voice, Your words... That I might express what is on Your heart.
• Ask the Holy Spirit to give You His eyes - so that you can see what He sees - and how He sees... Spirit of God, breathe on my eyes so the blinding scales of this world would fall, and Your revelation would be unveiled... that I would see circumstances and people the way You see them... That I would be Kingdom-oriented, not self-absorbed!
• Ask Him to anoint your hands. Know that when you reach out to others, you stretch forth His hand of healing and deliverance. Lord, touch My hands, that I might prosper and be successful in You. That I might bless others on purpose. That Your mighty Hand would back me up in all that I do.
• Ask Him to stretch Himself out over you - heart to heart - so you can be washed anew with His love and grace. Lord, breathe on the outworkings of my body, that You would add Your super to my natural. I want to flow with Your purpose, and bring glory to You.

2) Connect with your purpose.
If you feel frustrated or helpless in a particular area of your life, don’t give up. PERSEVERE! Keep on keepin’ on!

Notice at the end of the Shunammite woman’s story Elisha has his servant tell her, “Pick up your son.”

In other words, take up your promise and go forth. Claim what is yours and alive in Christ Jesus - and run with it! Run with the Spirit. Rest in Him, and run with the wind of the Spirit! Take the resurrected promise and proclaim His glory and His power. Testify of God’s goodness.

The Shunammite woman does exactly that, she runs with the manifest word of God in her life - but not before bowing first. Not without acknowledging the miracle first. Not without an attitude of gratitude and a heart of thanksgiving. Ask the Holy Spirit to breathe on your path; and follow in obedience, gratefully giving Him glory for all He has done for you. Out of your place of desperation, consecrate your hope to Him... Don’t give room to complacency, the fear of man and religious ritual. Don’t allow carnal methods and the pseudo solutions of this world system to dominate your choices and outcomes. Ask for more of Him. For His divine love! For His magnificent purpose in your life!

3) Connect with other God-fearing believers.
Who are you associating with? Are you in connection with people who are believing like you? Do you fill your conversation with faith and trust in God, and hope in His Word, or is your chit-chat splattered with phrases such as, “It’s highly improbable... Everyone is doing it this way...” and the overrated cynical adage, “Well, we’ll just wait and see what happens!”

Take heed and steadfastly guard your eye-gate and ear-gate with tenacious ferocity, to allow only the succinct truth of the Lord’s Word to be enthroned in your life. This seat is from whence His power will flow!
We trust you enjoyed 'God Is About To Breath On His Promises Over Our Lives'. This article is an adapted excerpt from AJ's new release, 'His Breath' - due early '09!
© AJ Butel 2005. To use this article in full or in part, please include, ‘This article was used with permission from AJ Butel's website - www.ajbutel.com.’

loolalooh

Thanks soo much for the articles, Kimbb and MSee! In just skimming them I received a much-needed boost of encouragement today. I look forward to reading the articles in detail when I return home.

Something to share:

Yesterday I went to church and the pastor preached about Hannah (1 Samuel). He touched upon praying persistently and powerfully. Praying before and after the blessing. Praying whenever and however (i.e., we don't have sound 'cute' when we're praying). E.g., Hannah was mistaken as drunk when she prayed.

Before Sunday, I had read Psalm 13 in which David cries out "How long, O Lord?". I immediately took note of the way David was 'praying' ... the emotion behind it and it's "ruggedness". Him asking "How long?" multiple times. Then Sunday came and the sermon concerning Hannah touched my ears. Another emotional, honest, "uncute" prayer. I realized that I was holding back on some prayers to God due to wanting to appear "appropriate". Funny, right?

There's a "How long?" in me that I was smothering. I wasn't being completely honest with God about my pain and, most of all, desires. That's got to change.

Though He knows our hearts, He sometimes wants us to open our mouths ... to speak. Sometimes in speaking our trust in Him is renewed. Sometimes it draws the blessing closer.

Just thought I'd share.

Butterfly08

Hey guys, can you please pray for me? Unlike the Israelites, my Pharoah wasn't slain in the Red Sea. He is still very much a part of my life and it is so challengingand frustrating to continually deal with his opposition. I'm going to go back through this thread for some encouragement to hold on until God deals with him in His own time and His own way. Thank you ladies.

OhmyKimB

Ur on my mind Butterfly. I got this is my email today. I just wanted to keep encouraging you guys! I really had to encourage myself last night...I think the spirit kinda took over...yo no se...I might have just really decided I wasn't giving up. I really thought of that article you put up MSee...anywho! Here's my encouragement for the day

Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “It just doesn’t pay to do right or to serve God."

This thinking discourages many people from continuing to be faithful; continuing the race; and truly giving of themselves. We see others get ahead who aren’t even serving God, and it can discourage us.

Let's CHANGE IT TODAY:

1. Due season always comes. Galatians 6:7 says, “Don’t grow weary in doing good, IN DUE SEASON YOU SHALL REAP, if you don’t faint”. Don’t give up, even when it doesn’t look like it's coming. It will. Believe it.
2. God pays for your trust and work in Him. Ruth 2:11-12 says, ‘You will be richly rewarded for forsaking your past and following the Lord.'

3. Expect GREAT reward for keeping God’s Word. (Psalm 19:11) Be confident.(Hebrews 10:35) Your labor is not in vain, in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:58)

4. Discover ‘waiting on the Lord’. Psalm 37:9 says those who “wait” on the Lord shall inherit the land. It means to silence all other thoughts, and have unswerving expectancy that God will answer and repay.
5. Don’t be discouraged when you don’t see immediate results for doing right, serving God or sowing the right seed. The stranger you’re kind to may be a king! Jesus said, ‘what you do for the least of these, you do unto Me’. And He repays. (Proverbs 19:17)

6. Renew your mind to ‘vengeance is mine; I will repay’. (Rom. 12:19) We’ve always thought this is judgment; but look at it new: “I will repay you for the good you have done, even when others have hurt or taken advantage of you!”

THINK IT & SAY IT:
My due season is coming. I will reap from the GOOD seeds I have sown. God pays for trusting Him; I will not throw away my confidence when others get ahead. I wait on the Lord and expect a great reward in this life and the life to come. God will repay me for the good I’ve done. My labor is NOT in vain, in Jesus’ Name.

In His Amazing Love,

Gregory Dickow

OhmyKimB

^^^I just thought about that ultimately the reward would be to be with God in heaven, or at least have his peace and love surround you while you are still here on earth. Aside from what we are looking to manifest in our lives.

Butterfly08

Ur on my mind Butterfly. I got this is my email today. I just wanted to keep encouraging you guys! I really had to encourage myself last night...I think the spirit kinda took over...yo no se...I might have just really decided I wasn't giving up. I really thought of that article you put up MSee...anywho! Here's my encouragement for the day

Thank you! I love the fasts from wrong thinking. :yep: I was poking around on his site and I think he has a book, I want it!

I was crying and frustrated yesterday but I ended the evening with telling God again I'd trust Him to rectify the situation in His perfect timing, and in His perfect way. :yep:

Mahalialee4

QUOTE=Butterfly08;10845286]Awesome thread. I crossed through my Red Sea last year but I am presently in a wilderness stage myself. I believe God showed me visions of my promised land, but of course every obstacle has sprung up to discourage me. For me to get there will literally take a miracle from God. Perhaps He set it up this way to show me that NOBODY BUT HIM can deliver me - to remove all doubt in my mind about His ability to rescue and prosper me. :yep:

I do not believe this wilderness stage is for lack of faith like the children of Israel - rather I have grown more in faith during my Red Sea and wilderness experience than I have in all my life, and I have dedicated my body to Him in purification and righteousness. I believe it is a time of preparation for what He is about to bless me with, which I believe will be an elevation.

What I am struggling with right now is loneliness. It seems like everyone has been stripped from my life, and my family who loves me is so far away. I sometimes feel stuck where I am. It has caused me to lean more on God, because He is all I have. But I think He wants me in this place where I have to depend wholly on Him. I try not to think about what I'm missing out on, but rather trust that he will restore everything that the locusts have eaten.

I just finally made up my mind to BELIEVE that He WILL bring me to my promised land. It really doesn't look like it to my natural eye, but I'm tuning my spiritual eye to His vision for my life and believing that He will deliver me...against all odds. I believe I will have a testimony soon. :yep: In the meantime, I look forward to hearing others. :drunk:

Oh, He told me today to be "persistent in praise." I believe the enemy will attempt to attack my mind and He is preparing me in advance. When I was going through my Red Sea experience, with the "Pharoah" in my life attacking me and oppressing me daily, I began physically praising every day to fight back spiritually. I would literally play praise and worship music and dance, wave my arms and praise Him with my body and spirit. Daily praise and devouring the Word helped to bring me through that extremely difficult stage and would totally change the atmosphere in my house, and most importantly, my mind.[/QUOTE]

___________________________________________________________________________________
What a testimony. What a blessing. I can relate to so much of what you have been going through. It has been that way throughout my whole walk for nearly 20 years.
Set aside, an orphan, stripped of everything , no parents, no family, growing up under extreme blatant racism and attack and humiliation as the only black child in all white racist schools , loss of children, robbed and slandered, walking through the valley of the shadow of death many times, attacks on marriage. You have nothing left but the Father to hang on to. Yes. The enemy will seek to devour you constantly, attacking your mind and your body trying to break your faith. Hold on to His unchanging hand. He is faithful, I tell you. He is faithful. Sister: Our testimony is the testimony of so many:

1 Peter 4: 12 “Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.”
Revelation 12:17
17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

But through it all the Father found me, and kept His hand on me and I beg him to always do that and let no one or nothing snatch me out of His hands.
Keep praying and praising. The Father is able to keep us and bring us through our tribulations.

Last edited:

Butterfly08

QUOTE=Butterfly08;10845286]Awesome thread. I crossed through my Red Sea last year but I am presently in a wilderness stage myself. I believe God showed me visions of my promised land, but of course every obstacle has sprung up to discourage me. For me to get there will literally take a miracle from God. Perhaps He set it up this way to show me that NOBODY BUT HIM can deliver me - to remove all doubt in my mind about His ability to rescue and prosper me. :yep:

I do not believe this wilderness stage is for lack of faith like the children of Israel - rather I have grown more in faith during my Red Sea and wilderness experience than I have in all my life, and I have dedicated my body to Him in purification and righteousness. I believe it is a time of preparation for what He is about to bless me with, which I believe will be an elevation.

What I am struggling with right now is loneliness. It seems like everyone has been stripped from my life, and my family who loves me is so far away. I sometimes feel stuck where I am. It has caused me to lean more on God, because He is all I have. But I think He wants me in this place where I have to depend wholly on Him. I try not to think about what I'm missing out on, but rather trust that he will restore everything that the locusts have eaten.

I just finally made up my mind to BELIEVE that He WILL bring me to my promised land. It really doesn't look like it to my natural eye, but I'm tuning my spiritual eye to His vision for my life and believing that He will deliver me...against all odds. I believe I will have a testimony soon. :yep: In the meantime, I look forward to hearing others. :drunk:

Oh, He told me today to be "persistent in praise." I believe the enemy will attempt to attack my mind and He is preparing me in advance. When I was going through my Red Sea experience, with the "Pharoah" in my life attacking me and oppressing me daily, I began physically praising every day to fight back spiritually. I would literally play praise and worship music and dance, wave my arms and praise Him with my body and spirit. Daily praise and devouring the Word helped to bring me through that extremely difficult stage and would totally change the atmosphere in my house, and most importantly, my mind.

___________________________________________________________________________________
What a testimony. What a blessing. I can relate to so much of what you have been going through. It has been that way throughout my whole walk for nearly 20 years.
Set aside, an orphan, stripped of everything , no parents, no family, growing up under extreme blatant racism and attack and humiliation as the only black child in all white racist schools , loss of children, robbed and slandered, walking through the valley of the shadow of death many times, attacks on marriage. You have nothing left but the Father to hang on to. Yes. The enemy will seek to devour you constantly, attacking your mind and your body trying to break your faith. Hold on to His unchanging hand. He is faithful, I tell you. He is faithful. Sister: Our testimony is the testimony of so many:

1 Peter 4: 12 “Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.”
Revelation 12:17
17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

But through it all the Father found me, and kept His hand on me and I beg him to always do that and let no one or nothing snatch me out of His hands.
Keep praying and praising. The Father is able to keep us and bring us through our tribulations.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. A minister told me recently that our battle is not to fight the fight but to trust in Him despite all odds. I really agree. Losing hope leads to despair and forsaking God, but trusting Him ultimately brings hope and peace. I would rather live in hope and peace than despair. God bless you! :kiss:

Mahalialee4

This IS a good question, and I agree with loolalooh's explanation. Here are my other thoughts as well:

• As loolalooh said, this is an EXTENDED trial. It won't be a quick lesson. Some things take time to learn. It may not be years and years, but it won't be a quick one day test either.
  • You will be alone or feel alone. When Jesus was in the wilderness to fast and pray, no other human was around Him. You may have friends in your life, but they won't be enough to fill the void in you. Or you may be totally friendless, which can lead to despair. But when Jesus was in the wilderness, it was a time to draw close to the Father without any other distractions. And the closer You get to Him.....
  • Almost everything that is comfortable to you will be stripped away, one by one. Sometimes things that are comfortable are very bad for you, or prevent you from moving to the Promised Land. Look at the Israelites - they got so frustrated and lost faith so badly that they actually wanted to go back to Egypt - a place of bondage! :eek: Wilderness experiences will be so different, so unsettling, that you may actually long for the old land that you just escaped from, just to have familiarity again.
  • You will not be able to cheat. Sometimes in regular tests and trials, you may get away with stumbling over and over, repenting each time, but going right back to your mess (like a baby who keeps messing her diaper) - and even knowing in the back of your head while you repent that you will do it again. When you aren't spiritually mature, God may tolerate this behavior for a season. But when you are heading to the wilderness....
  • To survive spiritually and emotionally, you will literally have to make a choice - trust God and watch Him provide your daily bread, or go back in bondage and forsake Him. I know that sounds extreme, but I NEVER questioned my faith more than I did during my Red Sea experience. I struggled mightily with anger at God for He allowing so many things to happen to me - years of bondage, depression and disappointment, and then obstacle after obstacle when I finally began to trust Him to deliver me. I cried hard tears to see others who don't even believe in God seem to get the things I LONG for without even trying. :cry3: I kept asking God "what did I do to deserve this?" You know what I have wanted ever since I was a child, why can't I have it? :wallbash: God even set it up that the Israelites had to trust Him EVERY DAY. He provided manna from heaven, but it was only good for that day. If they tried to store it up (or create a "back up plan" just in case God didn't come through), it would turn to worms. God gave them just enough to get them through the day, so they would have to keep trusting Him day by day for provision. God doesn't want us creating back up plans just in case He doesn't come through. That shows a lack of faith.
  • Your faith will be tested over and over, relentlessly, almost without a break. I remember reading Job and just being blown away at how many tragedies happened to him in one day. His wealth gone, his children dead, messengers kept coming up to him with more and more bad news. :nono: At first you may hold on to your faith, but it gets hard to tell God "yet will I trust you" when it seems you've done nothing to deserve the onslaught. :sad: Job was upright, but that didn't shield him from tragedy. I felt this way too. It was one thing right after the other. Just as soon as I forgave and began trusting again, I got slapped across the face again with another attack. I couldn't even get my bearings. :nono: Very difficult experience to endure. However, I believe this relentless discipline is necessary because the Promised Land will be so wonderful that it may be easy to get comfortable and forget that it was GOD who brought you there. We need to be reminded over and over that no matter how many trials come against us, GOD can and WILL deliver us from them all. And when we reach that land, we should want to serve him even more fervently in gratitude for His miraculous deliverance.
  • If you believe God, He WILL come through for you. Time and time again God provided for His children - water when they were thirsty, bread when they were hungry. He was their cloud by day and fire at night. I reached a place where I began to declare the victory, even though I couldn't see it. Some of what I declared has come to pass, but all of it did not. I had a huge setback when one of the biggest things I believed God for did not happen, after I had stepped out on faith more than ever before in my life. :nono: I was devastated then furious, and pouted for several days until I dusted myself off, told God I was done with my tantrum and back to trusting Him. There are still at least 3 huge miracles that I am believing God for, but he has ALREADY delivered me mightily. And I believe that He is NOT DONE YET!!!
  • A miracle got you to the wilderness (the parting of your Red Sea or deliverance from bondage) - so look for another one to get you to the Promised Land. Consider these verses in Joshua Ch 3 that describe the children of Israel crossing the Jordan river:

1 Early in the morning Joshua and all the Israelites set out from ****tim and went to the Jordan, where they camped before crossing over. 2 After three days the officers went throughout the camp, 3 giving orders to the people: "When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests, who are Levites, carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it. 4 Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before. But keep a distance of about a thousand yards [a] between you and the ark; do not go near it."
    5 Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."

Note - they had to follow the ark because they were going to a NEW land, in a way that they never had gone before! Reading on....

14 So when the people broke camp to cross the Jordan, the priests carrying the ark of the covenant went ahead of them. 15 Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water's edge, 16 the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away, at a town called Adam in the vicinity of Zarethan, while the water flowing down to the Sea of the Arabah (the Salt Sea ) was completely cut off. So the people crossed over opposite Jericho. 17 The priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan, while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground.

In a miracle similar to the parting of the Red Sea, the Israelites were able to pass through the river bed on dry ground.

These are my thoughts. I'm sure there are more, and I will come back and edit when I find them.

Girl, it was like 'reading my diary!" lol bless you

Mahalialee4

Sometimes it is a long painful process.
6I I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

8I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

9Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

11Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

12Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands.

13The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.

14I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

15I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

17They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.

18Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.

19Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?

20Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

21The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

22But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.

23Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?

Often we will need to listen, repent, change and take heed to what happened to Israel when they were in the wilderness: They were a warning example for us

24Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

25Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

These are two songs that ministered to me during the darkest times I have gone through in the last two years.

Sweet Hour of Prayer….Mahalia (Jackson)…my birth namesake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C6DpXOm7nM

My Redeemer Lives….(Nicole Mullens) Taken...from the Book of Job…Job said “I know my Redeemer lives and at last He will stand upon the earth.” Job 19:25 My husband has told me more than once, “now I know why you had me read the Book of Job”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p4G2GbPYQA

You sisters testimonies, testifying to the glory of the Father and His Son, and their faithfulness, BRINGING ME UP OFF MY CHAIR DANCING, PRAISING AND SHOUTIN......Hallelujah!
You all just blessed me more than words can say today.

Last edited:

MelodicVessel

Amen, I stand in agreement as well. I bind the spirit of loneliness in the name of Jesus and loose peace, contentment and godly relationships.
AMEN! I am being tremendously blessed by reading this thread... you ladies are MORE THAN CONQUERORS through HIM that LOVES YOU!
Wow... restoration is nigh :yep:
Thank you, God

Mahalialee4

Sometimes it is a long painful process.
Isaiah 42:: 6 "I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

8I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

9Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

11Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

12Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands.

13The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.

14I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

15I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

17They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.

18Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.

19Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?

20Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

21The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

22But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.

23Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?

Often we will need to listen, repent, change and take heed to what happened to Israel when they were in the wilderness: They were a warning example for us

24Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

25Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 42: 6-25

Mahalialee4

AMEN! I am being tremendously blessed by reading this thread... you ladies are MORE THAN CONQUERORS through HIM that LOVES YOU!
Wow... restoration is nigh :yep:
Thank you, God

Me too. I am so blessed, I'm just all teared up and sob sucking like a little kid. Now I don't feel so lonely anymore. I can 'see and feel the cloud of witnesses' around me on this thread as well as read about the saints from the Scriptures..I live in a very isolated area as far as believers go and I have been feeling so lonely for so long these last couple of years. There are about 2 or 3, I can relate to, spiritually, besides DH and me and they are are dear babes in the Lord so they are just starting a walk. They are not aware of the wilderness before them. They are easily startled and unable to digest ANY meat at this time. They do not yet comprehend the 'suffering of the saints' or a 'wilderness experience'. But they are in His hands. Nonetheless, it gets very lonely and D.H works away for long periods of time sometimes.

Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"

Romans 13:12 The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

Daniel 11: 32 “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. 33And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. 34Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. 35And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Daniel 12: 1 “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of “trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:8 “And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Mahalialee4

Wow, I just feel like laying my head down and take a good rest. I've felt sometimes like I was the only one going through these things, but for the word of God that indicates otherwise. Now God is proving it true. I have prayed for you ladies, even before this thread. When I get that 'I'm the only one' feeling and God reminds me it isn't so, I pray for whoever else may be going through.

Your posts have been so touching. On Sunday I visited a church where the preacher said a few things that was repeated almost exact on 2 sermons I was listening to on the radio in the evening. He was talking about David when he was finally given the kingship. His enemies, the Philistines came up against him. The points that he (the local Pastor) made that were repeated were:
  • It's your season. It's time to posses the land.
  • The enemy (old enemies) will come against you.
  • Seek councel from the Lord. That's what David always did.
  • God is not going to let you fight this battle the same way. He will give new instructions. (Even my husband was shocked when he heard this repeated almost ad vertim.)
  • You will win but this time you will have to face up to the enemy. (I didn't like that part. I just rather move out of their way and ask God to bless them with repentance)
Thank you ladies. God bless you all. By the way, I too understand the loneliness. I've leaned to becareful when I speak about that because the Devil always know some snake to send to offer companionship (long story :ohwell:)

Exodus 15:9
The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.

I believe that the Father is saying to us what He said to David, when the enemy had kidnapped David's family and goods. I believe He is saying: This is not the time to 'retreat' but to 'PURSUE, OVERTAKE AND RECOVER!'

"And David inquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all."1 Samuel 30:8

Last edited:

OhmyKimB

Im sorry. Maybe I'm just taking this in the wrong manner but why are you refencing daniel 11:32-35. Is there supposed to be some message behind that?
Daniel 11: 32 “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. 33And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. 34Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. 35And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Daniel 12: 1 “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of “trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:8 “And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.