Wilderness Testimonies?

foxee

What story was this? A testimony I hope.

Anywhoo , I checked this great book out from the library, and it was

EXACTLY what we have been talking about in this thread:

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst:

She says that there are 5 phases of faith you'l pass through to achieve

your dream:

1. Leaving - In order to go to a new level of faith with God, you've got to leave the old behind
2. Famine - In this new place, you'll realize your comfort zone is

gone, and you'll learn to depend on God like never before.
3. Believing - Your experience of God becomes too real to deny
4. Death - Coming to the end of your ability to make things happen

seems like death to you. But to God, this is the only way to new life

with Him.
5. Resurrection - In a way only HE could, God makes your dream come

true. Only then do you understand that real joy isn't in the drea

itself but rather in the richer faith you acquired along the way.

She also said there are 5 fundamental truths of God that go along with

these phases:

1. God has a plan for you.
2. God is with you.
3. God will make a way.
4. God isn't surprised by death.
5. God brings dreams to life.

Very encouraging, and right in line with what we've been discussing.

I actually got chills reading this.

@the bolded - I did this figuratively and literally.

I'm in the middle of my wilderness right now. Back in February I decided to step out on faith and leave my city after 14 years. It was a very quick decision and came to me suddenly. I sold a few things and what I couldn't sell, I gave away (imagine all the items one can accumulate over the years!). I left Georgia with only the clothes on my back and two pieces of luggage.

It was a little hard leaving all my friends and my wonderful neighbors who had grown to become my extended family, but I felt this overwhelming need to get out of there. Of course I prayed about it, but I couldn't stop myself for thinking, are you crazy? Why move, and why now? But I continued with my plans.

When I left, I learned who my real friends really are. Some of them haven't returned my phone calls or haven't attempted to contact me. One "friend" who promised to show me a good time on my last day in town actually stood me up (which was coincidentally also my birthday - ouch!).

I'm temporarily in CA until I move to TX this summer. I reached out to friends from my old neighborhood and former classmates. They were thrilled to hear I was going to be home for a few months. Guess how many of them I've seen or heard from since then? Two.

So this is my wilderness. It's been hard at times but I know I can make it through. I'm literally stripped away of everyone and everything familiar to me. In addition, I have given up almost every personal item I own but that's okay. Our God is the God Of More Than Enough and I know He will supply my needs.

Although this is one of the difficult and humbling experiences of my life, I have to say that I'm so excited about the future. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me.

Last edited:

loolalooh

I'm in the middle of my wilderness right now. Back in February I decided to step out on faith and leave my city after 14 years. It was a very quick decision and came to me suddenly. I sold a few things and what I couldn't sell, I gave away (imagine all the items one can accumulate over the years!). I left Georgia with only the clothes on my back and two pieces of luggage.

It was a little hard leaving all my friends and my wonderful neighbors who had grown to become my extended family, but I felt this overwhelming need to get out of there. Of course I prayed about it, but I couldn't stop myself for thinking, are you crazy? Why move, and why now? But I continued with my plans.

When I left, I learned who my real friends really are. Some of them haven't returned my phone calls or haven't attempted to contact me. One "friend" who promised to show me a good time on my last day in town actually stood me up (which was coincidentally also my birthday - ouch!).

I'm temporarily in CA until I move to TX this summer. I reached out to friends from my old neighborhood and former classmates. They were thrilled to hear I was going to be home for a few months. Guess how many of them I've seen or heard from since then? Two.

So this is my wilderness. It's been hard at times but I know I can make it through. I'm literally stripped away of everyone and everything familiar to me. In addition, I have given up almost every personal item I own but that's okay. Our God is the God Of More Than Enough and I know He will supply my needs.

Although this is one of the difficult and humbling experiences of my life, I have to say that I'm so excited about the future. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me.

I'm going to re-read this in the morning, but for now I really need to comment: the bolded is what I'm about to experience in a few months. More stripping is about to occur. For me, I'm not sure if it's a move deeper into the wilderness or towards the Promised Land. I almost feel bad starting this thread under the premise that "I'm in the last stages of a wilderness":ohwell:.

I'm about to move to a city where I know no one. I also prayed about it and though I got confirmation, certain people's reactions have made me question my decision. Additionally, when I look at the physical reality I almost feel crazy about what I'm about to do. I'm scared, but if this is truly God leading me (and I believe it is), I will be alright. This could very well be a case similar to God telling the Israelites to enter Canaan. I'm aiming to re-read their whole journey soon; still in Genesis right now.

Will come back to your post in the morning. You're right: "Our God is the God Of More Than Enough and I know He will supply my needs." Amen!

OhmyKimB

JoAnn McFatter:
You Are Called to Choose Destiny

Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."—Jeremiah 1:4-5

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.—Psalm 139:16

As with Jeremiah and David whose call came before entering into their mother's womb, so it is with every man and woman born. However, through the provision of free will, God has left it to each one's choosing as to whether or not that call will be lived out. Jesus said it Himself:

For many are called, but few are chosen.—Matthew 22:14

The choosing comes by the decisions we make along the way as to whether or not we are able to be a resting place for the fullness of His glory. He will not put on us that which we are not prepared to carry, lest it destroy us. Destiny calls each one of us, and it is the exercising of our free will that determines the outcome of that calling. As our hearts continually respond to the voice of our Creator, "I choose You! Above all else, I choose You!" we navigate our way through our destiny.

Our Destiny is Not the End Product, But Rather the Journey to that End

He is our origin and He is our destiny. We were in Him before the world began and we return to reside in Him, and are even now residing, as we partake of His grace by way of accepting and receiving the benefit of the shedding of His Blood.

It is the journey from here to there as we "run the race" that plays out the days written in His book ordained for each one of us. It happens one day at a time, one decision at a time to choose Him above all else. In this living out of our lives, turning toward Him at every juncture and, once again, consciously making a decision to "choose Him," we find ourselves in the middle of our destiny, for it will only be found in Him.

And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, "For we are also His offspring."—Acts 17:26-28

In our western mindset we have made our destiny to be an end to a means, a job or a title that we attain to. It is a form that we desire to create for ourselves, a position to be held such as a singer, a pastor, or perhaps a banker. I'm not sure that is what God had in mind at all. For many of us it might just be the reason that our destiny seems to elude us as the years wear away on our hopes of stepping into what we perceive as our destiny. We try to create a form within which we will function. Form first, and then function comes as a result of our Greek reasoning that has so enamored our culture.

Our true destiny is hidden in the function of "living out" the days He fashioned for us, not a title or job description. It's not about being a prophet but rather the process of learning how to hear His voice and prophecy in love with the heart of the Father. In that functioning as a prophet we truly find our destiny, which is to become like Him. It's the same for every job and/or ministry title you can come up with. Though we all have different days written out for us in His book, still the process of learning how to function in it is the walking out of our destiny—to be like Him, to be one with Him.

Our destiny is not the end product but rather "the journey" to that end—our days lived out as God Himself has written them in His book. Our life lived in Him day by day is our true destiny as we become more like Him; the form in which that takes place, whether it be, as I said, as a teacher, evangelist, or a baker is secondary to the function of walking out that process. I'm afraid we lose the joy of that journey because we are waiting to attain a position or name or whatever. It's the days that we have lived up to this point with all of the mistakes and all of the failures and even successes that make up our destiny.

Destiny is a Verb—Destiny is a Person

I believe we get misled by regarding destiny as a noun, when, in God, it really is as much a verb as it is a noun. It is probably even more accurate to say it is a Person—the process of becoming one with the personhood of Jesus Christ. Regardless of the job, the process is the same. The functioning of our calling and the process that brings us to maturity concerning it is our real destiny. It is the same for all of us.

So we are exhorted to "not despise the day of small beginnings" and to "count it all joy" as we maneuver through life, through the good, the bad and the ugly, through the gory and the glory of it all. Whether you are aware of it or not, you are IN your destiny right now. All of our days are the summation of who we become in Him. The ones lived out behind the scenes are just as, if not more, important than the ones in front of people in that perceived place of successfully functioning in our calling. I find that very encouraging, knowing that this is ALL working toward the fulfillment of our destiny.

It's about the choices we make in those days of disappointment, heartache and being betrayed that bring us to the place of love and unity with God. We can choose to feel sorry for ourselves, or to complain about where we are at and how long we are there, or the seemingly bad break, which actually probably kept us from going through a door that would have led us in the wrong direction. Our other option is to look into His eyes and say, "I choose You! Whatever that looks like and however long that takes, above self and all else, I choose You!"

It is also about how we handle promotion, favor and prosperity. The point is not that we receive those things, it is about how we rule and reign in that position. Do we take advantage of it for ourselves or do we use it to pour out on others? Do we use our favor to strengthen and lift others in their calling, even above ourselves? In the midst of all the advantage it affords us, is there still an automatic cry that comes from within, "Lord, I choose You! You are my portion, You are my destiny!"? Song of Solomon says it well:

Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death, jealousy as cruel as the grave; its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it. If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised.—Song Of Solomon 8:6-7

He Is Our Destiny!

The questions asked when we pass from this life are more like, "Do we look like Him?" "Did we learn to love?" "Did we die daily to ourselves so that it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me?" Our true destiny is IN Him, to become like Him, regardless of our calling. That puts us all on the same level before Him no matter what our job description or calling is. As the Bride of Christ we are to take on the very nature of our Bridegroom and move through life as He did. To look like Him, to act like Him, to respond like Him, to be one in Him is our destiny, regardless of the form. He IS our Destiny!

...that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in Heaven and which are on the earth—in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.—Ephesians 1:10-11

As we approach this "fullness of the times" there is a gathering together of those who function with this understanding. We are to be those who love as He loves, to the extent that we become walking love and would be willing to lay down our very lives, preferring others before ourselves. That is our destiny in this hour. Regardless of what form our life takes, the purpose is to function in that kind of selfless love as we become one with Him in His likeness. That level of maturity, death to self, will draw His Presence.

We are called to be the Bride of Christ, fully functioning in our Destiny as we live, move, and have our being in Him. It is only out of this place that He can trust us with the never before seen authority and creative word that is about to be released through those with the cry of, "We choose You! Above all others and all else, we choose You!" We have walked out our destiny as we have made Him and Him alone our boundaries and borders, a city whose walls are made of His fire; His jealousy, His authority, His very presence upon us as we become His resting place.

"For I", says the Lord, "will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst."—Zechariah 2:5

JoAnn McFatter
WhiteDove Ministries
Email: [email protected]

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^^^ ooooooo weeee! ****Leala jumps up from her pew***

Forwarding to friends/family...

Thank you, Kimbb...

JoAnn McFatter:

We are called to be the Bride of Christ, fully functioning in our Destiny as we live, move, and have our being in Him. It is only out of this place that He can trust us with the never before seen authority and creative word that is about to be released through those with the cry of, "We choose You! Above all others and all else, we choose You!" We have walked out our destiny as we have made Him and Him alone our boundaries and borders, a city whose walls are made of His fire; His jealousy, His authority, His very presence upon us as we become His resting place.

"For I", says the Lord, "will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst."—Zechariah 2:5

JoAnn McFatter
WhiteDove Ministries

loolalooh

Alright, I'm back. Yes, this post really spoke to me since I have gone through a similar physical stripping (as part of the spiritual wilderness) in my current location of TX. The stripping of people (i.e., family) began the moment I moved a few years ago. Then a couple of friends were removed. Then the last and closest person was stripped last year, which initiated the wilderness. It appears God was gradually picking off people until He could really get me alone in a state where I could depend on no one.

In a few months I'm moving to WA where, again, I know no one. People have asked me why I'm moving and I can't really say. I just know that God has been directing there and everything has lined up perfectly in that direction. The thing I don't know is whether I'm being directed into a deeper wilderness or into the Promised Land. I'm afraid to get excited about WA ... perhaps I should?:ohwell: It sounds like TX is your Promised Land?

Last edited:

foxee

Alright, I'm back. Yes, this post really spoke to me since I have gone through a similar physical stripping (as part of the spiritual wilderness) in my current location of TX. The stripping of people (i.e., family) began the moment I moved a few years ago. Then a couple of friends were removed. Then the last and closest person was stripped last year, which initiated the wilderness. It appears God was gradually picking off people until He could really get me alone in a state where I could depend on no one.

In a few months I'm moving to WA where, again, I know no one. People have asked me why I'm moving and I can't really say. I just know that God has been directing there and everything has lined up perfectly in that direction. The thing I don't know is whether I'm being directed into a deeper wilderness or into the Promised Land. I'm afraid to get excited about WA ... perhaps I should?:ohwell: It sounds like TX is your Promised Land?

I'm so glad my post helped some. I'll admit I was a little apprehensive about sharing my story, but I have no regrets about speaking candidly.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the wonderful blessings I received during this wilderness. Before I moved, a large bill was completely erased. My relationship with my parents has become even stronger since I've been back home. For the past few years, they've only seen me once or twice a year. So needless to say they're happy their only child is home for a while.

Loolalooh, continue to pray about your move, but also think of it this way - TX isn't going anywhere! You can always change your mind and come back. BUT, what if you find your destiny in WA? I say, go for it! :up:

And I'm not 100% certain TX is my Promised Land but it sure feels right. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about moving. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day. I'm already making plans to meet with the local LHCF ladies, so instant friends! Not bad for someone who didn't know a soul in Dallas. :grin:

This thread has been so inspiring and thought provoking. I hope we can keep it going.

MSee

Thanks Kimmb, excellent post as usual. To those who are moving I truly hope you settle into your promise land, but don't forget the Israelites still had to fight to take territory :yep: Just remember that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4).

I'm in a place where I have to keep praying that my heart remains soft. When you've been lied to, lied about, rejected, manipulated, mistreated, slandered (to the highest degree), isolated by those you have gone above and beyond for, there is that temptation not only to never trust again but to not reach out to others. Thankfully, I've learned Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Human relationships can leave you wondering if anyone truly fears God, but I've learned that no matter what is done to me, I must and will fear God. Today I heard this song and I'm reminded how much God loves us. If it wasn't for His love for me I would have gone under a long time ago. He refuse to let me quit and I urge you ladies never let the enemy, whether the devil or those he uses, stop you from enjoying God. Yes, that is something I've had to remind myself, enjoy God and in the midst of the evil around you look for His goodness, it's always near.

The song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZnc9YOS9Lw&feature=related

OhmyKimB

Thanks Kimmb, excellent post as usual. To those who are moving I truly hope you settle into your promise land, but don't forget the Israelites still had to fight to take territory :yep: Just remember that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4).

I'm in a place where I have to keep praying that my heart remains soft. When you've been lied to, lied about, rejected, manipulated, mistreated, slandered (to the highest degree), isolated by those you have gone above and beyond for, there is that temptation not only to never trust again but to not reach out to others. Thankfully, I've learned Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Human relationships can leave you wondering if anyone truly fears God, but I've learned that no matter what is done to me, I must and will fear God. Today I heard this song and I'm reminded how much God loves us. If it wasn't for His love for me I would have gone under a long time ago. He refuse to let me quit and I urge you ladies never let the enemy, whether the devil or those he uses, stop you from enjoying God. Yes, that is something I've had to remind myself, enjoy God and in the midst of the evil around you look for His goodness, it's always near.

I def know that. A lot of times I struggle to even be nice to people because I've decided at times I really don't care about anyone but myself, because that's al people have proved to me.

loolalooh

I'm so glad my post helped some. I'll admit I was a little apprehensive about sharing my story, but I have no regrets about speaking candidly.

I'm really glad you eventually shared your story. :)

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the wonderful blessings I received during this wilderness. Before I moved, a large bill was completely erased. My relationship with my parents has become even stronger since I've been back home. For the past few years, they've only seen me once or twice a year. So needless to say they're happy their only child is home for a while.

I think this is something some of us forget no matter the wilderness. Even I forget it at times. Thanks for the reminder. At the very least, I should be blessed that this wilderness has brought me closer to Him.

Loolalooh, continue to pray about your move, but also think of it this way - TX isn't going anywhere! You can always change your mind and come back. BUT, what if you find your destiny in WA? I say, go for it! :up:

Girl, this is so true. TX isn't going anywhere. There's something within me suggesting that WA is the Promised Land. I'm just afraid that the road will be rough or ... what if I'm wrong. (Ok, weird, just as I typed "what if I'm wrong" I felt a "You are not wrong".) Yes, I'll continue to pray about it.

And I'm not 100% certain TX is my Promised Land but it sure feels right. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about moving. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day. I'm already making plans to meet with the local LHCF ladies, so instant friends! Not bad for someone who didn't know a soul in Dallas. :grin:

This thread has been so inspiring and thought provoking. I hope we can keep it going.

Something tells me TX is your Promised Land.:yep: I'm looking forward to hearing a testimony.

I'm glad this thread has unfolded the way it is. I'm drawing so much insight and encouragement from you all. Let's keep it going!

loolalooh

Thank you for this. I didn't know the Israelites had to fight to take their territory. Knowing this makes me prepared for my fight should WA be the Promised Land. I do sense one coming ...

Additionally, I've been hearing "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal" in a song recently. Your post underlines the message. :)

I'm in a place where I have to keep praying that my heart remains soft. When you've been lied to, lied about, rejected, manipulated, mistreated, slandered (to the highest degree), isolated by those you have gone above and beyond for, there is that temptation not only to never trust again but to not reach out to others. Thankfully, I've learnedPsalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Human relationships can leave you wondering if anyone truly fears God, but I've learned that no matter what is done to me, I must and will fear God. Today I heard this song and I'm reminded how much God loves us. If it wasn't for His love for me I would have gone under a long time ago. He refuse to let me quit and I urge you ladies never let the enemy, whether the devil or those he uses, stop you from enjoying God. Yes, that is something I've had to remind myself, enjoy God and in the midst of the evil around you look for His goodness, it's always near.

And thank you for sharing this as well. The bolded is something I can relate to very well. I'm glad you are standing strong! Amen to Psalm 118:8.

Ceelo

Hello to everyone! I am very new and this is actually my first post. ive been reading through everything and i must say i am in my state of wilderness. Let me go ahead and admit that i feel like God has been trying to pull me from my ex fiance for a few years now. Each and everytime i always go back. A few days ago my ex fiance broke off yet again plans for us to go ahead and get married and it just tore me apart as it did the last few times. I realized that i was making him out to be my comforr zone and putting so much more effort into him than i was with my own GOD. This time around feels so different. The last time this man burst my bubble i went through a solid week of depression. I wont be defeated again by the enemy. I now realizw that GOD wants me here and to reawaken my faith and to put all trust into no one but him because he will never fail me the way man is capable of doing. Today i look back and im sitting here thinking "WHAT TOOK ME SOOOO LONG??" You ladies have truly been a blessing to me and i know it was God that led me to go to this topic. Id just like to ask for you all to pray for me because i dont have anyone to really discuss this with that can relate or offer testimonies like you ladies can. i thank GOD for you ladies and i just pray that this thread stays ALIVE AND WELL, and i will be keeping you all in my prayers......much love

LovingLady

Thank you for that beautiful testimony. No longer concern yourself with your ex, forgive him for his behavior and then remove him from your thoughts. God will provide you with a man that will surpass anything that you prayed for. :hug2:

Psalm 125:1-2
1 Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the Lord surrounds his people,
from this time forth and forevermore.

MSee

Today I finally dragged myself back to a blog I started sometime ago when I felt it was time for me to rise out of my situation. I didn't realise just how much would come at me to clip my wings. I still say power belongs to God and there isn't anything that could come my way without Him knowing. It's been a hard day. I've had 2 other persons who I thought I could rely on just leave me hanging. Strange enough although I finally cried today, (and wildly cried out for mercy) my first response was o.k. God is stripping more people out of my life, I'll just forgive and move on. Anyway as I looked back on my blog, the February post caught my attention and I thought I'd share:

YOUR TIME TO SHINE

Genesis 39: 2 And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. (KJV)

What is stopping you from shining? Today I thought about the story of Joseph as I read a quote from Marianne Williamson regarding 'our deepest fears'. Sometimes we are afraid to shine even when life is good but I thought of Joseph because he obviously was shining even when the odds seemed to be stacked against him. He was a slave in Genesis 39 yet the verse said 'he was a prosperous man'. His secret.... the Lord was with him. Sometimes we are taken through wilderness periods and we may not know the purpose until God transitions us to a better place, but there is always a purpose. Joseph never seemed to come across as the 'woe is me' type and reflecting on how God dislikes murmuring and complaining (check 1Corinthians
10:10 if you don't believe me) reminds me of how much this attitude can hinder prosperity and actually worsen adversity. I have been a complainer and a murmurer. It's an easy trap to fall into when you are being treated unfairly but what God disapproves of has no place in our life if we want the blessings we crave. Are you ready to shine today? Check yourself and see if you too have been murmuring and complaining, griping and groaning. Repent and work at changing your speech and watch how God prospers you even if others have put you in an unfair position. I can testify God lifts those who honor Him.

MSee

Hello to everyone! I am very new and this is actually my first post. ive been reading through everything and i must say i am in my state of wilderness. Let me go ahead and admit that i feel like God has been trying to pull me from my ex fiance for a few years now. Each and everytime i always go back. A few days ago my ex fiance broke off yet again plans for us to go ahead and get married and it just tore me apart as it did the last few times. I realized that i was making him out to be my comforr zone and putting so much more effort into him than i was with my own GOD. This time around feels so different. The last time this man burst my bubble i went through a solid week of depression. I wont be defeated again by the enemy. I now realizw that GOD wants me here and to reawaken my faith and to put all trust into no one but him because he will never fail me the way man is capable of doing. Today i look back and im sitting here thinking "WHAT TOOK ME SOOOO LONG??" You ladies have truly been a blessing to me and i know it was God that led me to go to this topic. Id just like to ask for you all to pray for me because i dont have anyone to really discuss this with that can relate or offer testimonies like you ladies can. i thank GOD for you ladies and i just pray that this thread stays ALIVE AND WELL, and i will be keeping you all in my prayers......much love

I pray the best for you. I couldn't help but think though that he'll be back when he sees you're growing and glowing. There is something about leaning on God that causes a light that others are drawn to. You know it's like when you hug someone and their perfume stays on you. You draw near to God to pull you through and others will notice including your ex. If he is really not for you, guard your weak spots, actually ask God to show you and guard your weak spots or triggers that you ex uses to get back. I know the hardest thing is to let go of close relationships even when you were hurt, but it's possible. I pray that God heal all you emotional wounds and erase the scars.

OhmyKimB

John Belt:
The Key Behind Closed Doors
There is a key behind closed doors that is accessible to every Believer. Through diligent pursuit of God we can discover a life of fulfillment and reward in this life, forsaking the strivings of our own flesh.

The Rewarder

Matthew 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

What we are in private we will be in public. God so values the secret place with Him that when we seek Him in that private place He promises to reward us openly. In a world where everything is flaunted and pushed, God calls us to do things in a contrary way of the world. God is the Promoter and Rewarder. If we promote ourselves there is no reward left. Self-promotion is the way of the world. Those who manipulate people to get a place, position or power in this life may attain it through the flesh, but there will be no reward when all is said and done.

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.

Our lives need to be lived for the Father's pleasure. It is His heart and pleasure that we are after. When we learn to find our identity in Him and His affirmation, then we will quit striving to attain it in our own strength. When it comes to the things that we have been entrusted with we are to be good stewards. When God shows us something it is not necessarily for the whole world to know. Many times it is just for us individually. We have got to learn to keep it to ourselves, pray it in the secret place and let God do the promoting. It is His favor that surrounds us like a shield. If we really believe this then we will quit trying to make things happen in our own strength.

Seeking God For Fulfillment

Hebrews 6:11-12 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

One of the basic lessons that all Believers need to understand is the spiritual parallel story of the lives of Ishmael and Isaac. Ishmael is what Abraham produced in his own flesh by trying to push things ahead of God's schedule. Isaac is the child of promise that required faith and patience, believing God for the fulfillment. God's promises are obtained by faith and patience.

Having hope in the Scriptures, we seek God in the secret place for the personal promises and beyond to be fulfilled by His hand. It is through this process that we inherit the promises and avoid the superficiality of our own attempts to push the promises into existence through the flesh. Most of the time this involves pushing others into the flesh to get what we want, rather than seeking God and allowing Him to bring these things to pass. Sometimes the wait is much shorter than we even realize. Just as the children of Israel were in reach of the promised land, because they would not believe and allow God to give the victory through His power, then missed their opportunity and died in the wilderness of their own sin and choice.

The Open Doors

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, "These things says He who is holy, He who is true, 'He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.'"

David was a seeker of God. He knew the secret place (Psalm 91). A writer of 73+ Psalms, his heart was a surrendered heart. Even when he failed he did not try to justify it but willingly took the penalty for his errors. The fact is that when we attempt to make things happen by our own strength it has a more far-reaching impact than on just ourselves. Just as when we choose to let God have control it has a multiplied blessing upon others, so it can also be a curse to others who participate in the things done by those who push in their own flesh.

Jesus was revealing to us a major key in how to see things accomplished through His Spirit. Seeking God in the secret place, praying the promises—this is a foundational key that will open doors that no man can shut and shut doors that no man can open. It is not about us trying to convince others about how important we are, how gifted we are or how spiritual we are. It is about finding our security and identity in His affirmation of who we are in Him.

Being and Abiding

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

One of the most powerful things we could ever learn is to learn to "be" who He has created us to be. Getting the revelation of who God already says we are and have is undoubtedly one of the most important things we could ever grasp. It is not about what we do but who we are already in Him. It is about our "abiding," our "being" in Him. He is the only One we need to please. We live for His pleasure. We will find life a whole lot easier when we learn this simple truth. We are created for His pleasure, to be His very own treasured possession.

There is a key that opens doors waiting behind closed doors for every one of us. The time we spend with the Lord cannot be overvalued.

His Blessings and Peace be Yours,

John Belt
Live In His Presence Ministries

OhmyKimB

Thanks MSee!!! I need to remember to keep this attitude all the time, I always go to that verse but I never thought about how do I keep my attitude...do I remember God in it.

Today I finally dragged myself back to a blog I started sometime ago when I felt it was time for me to rise out of my situation. I didn't realise just how much would come at me to clip my wings. I still say power belongs to God and there isn't anything that could come my way without Him knowing. It's been a hard day. I've had 2 other persons who I thought I could rely on just leave me hanging. Strange enough although I finally cried today, (and wildly cried out for mercy) my first response was o.k. God is stripping more people out of my life, I'll just forgive and move on. Anyway as I looked back on my blog, the February post caught my attention and I thought I'd share:

YOUR TIME TO SHINE

Genesis 39: 2 And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. (KJV)

What is stopping you from shining? Today I thought about the story of Joseph as I read a quote from Marianne Williamson regarding 'our deepest fears'. Sometimes we are afraid to shine even when life is good but I thought of Joseph because he obviously was shining even when the odds seemed to be stacked against him. He was a slave in Genesis 39 yet the verse said 'he was a prosperous man'. His secret.... the Lord was with him. Sometimes we are taken through wilderness periods and we may not know the purpose until God transitions us to a better place, but there is always a purpose. Joseph never seemed to come across as the 'woe is me' type and reflecting on how God dislikes murmuring and complaining (check 1Corinthians 10:10 if you don't believe me) reminds me of how much this attitude can hinder prosperity and actually worsen adversity. I have been a complainer and a murmurer. It's an easy trap to fall into when you are being treated unfairly but what God disapproves of has no place in our life if we want the blessings we crave. Are you ready to shine today? Check yourself and see if you too have been murmuring and complaining, griping and groaning. Repent and work at changing your speech and watch how God prospers you even if others have put you in an unfair position. I can testify God lifts those who honor Him.

Ceelo

AMEN TO THAT WONDERFUL MESSAGE KIMBB!! VERY POWERFUL B/C SOMETIMES IN THE MIDST OF THINGS WE FORGET THESE IMPORTANT VALUES.

Ceelo

Good morning to all the wonderful ladies here on lhcf!! I hope all is well. I would just like to know doea anyone have any positive feedback on fasting?? This is something that i would def love to accomplish as i have never done before. I have written out several plans in attempts to accomplish one, but ive just never gone through with it.

I would like to accomplish this fast in order to steer clear from wrongful thinking..to get closer to GOD..and to just overall let the spirit just do what it does in me. I just ask if any of you guys can offer any advice on what has helped, or things you have done they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks loves and i hope everyone here has a blessed and beautiful day~~

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:bighug: Welcome to the thread, Ceelo !

We have a great thread in this forum that is actually as Sticky, on Fasting:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=76987

Also, there is a testimony by a member of her successful fast that blew my socks off when I read it:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=426706

I hope you find both threads to be helpful. I find fasting to be VERY edifying and beneficial to unclogging my ears of a lot of spiritual "junk" and opening it to hearing God's voice. If your desire is to fast, try your best to not be hard on yourself if you don't succeed. It's a discipline that must be learned and like with anything else, the more determined you are, the more likely you will succeed!

I wish you a blessed day as well

Butterfly08

Again, What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeyrst is an EXCELLENT book. The tears were falling, just like they do whenever I read this thread. If you are just starting out on your wilderness journey, this book explains all of the phases you will go through so that you can prepare yourself.

The first is leaving - your comfort zone, the crutches you depended on instead of God. Next is famine, where you have no choice but to depend upon God to see you through. Next is believing, the phase I am just starting to read about, where your faith grows as you see God's hand move on your behalf as you never have before, because you are truly leaning on Him.

I haven't made it to Death yet, but just reading that word brought tears to my eyes, and I know that I have already started this phase myself, for months actually. This can be a grueling stage. :cry: And finally, what I look forward to, RESURRECTION! I am going to try to finish this book tonight. It is just that good. :yep:

loolalooh

Edited: Uncomfortable sharing so many details just yet. :grinwink:

I've been away from the thread for some time but will catch up in the next few days. For now, I have a wilderness update.

I am like the Israelites when God told them to go into Canaan. My Canaan is WA. My Promised Land is there. Additionally, God is not making this an easy takeover. It just got harder with some news that I will be entering said Promised Land with a struggle. God is counting on me to trust Him fully about prosperity and promises in WA. He made sure to hit me with this recent test which seriously made me consider staying in TX - the "desert" ... the "wilderness".

Numbers 14
1 That night all the people of the community raised their voices and wept aloud. 2 All the Israelites grumbled against Moses and Aaron, and the whole assembly said to them, "If only we had died in Egypt! Or in this desert! 3 Why is the LORD bringing us to this land only to let us fall by the sword? Our wives and children will be taken as plunder. Wouldn't it be better for us to go back to Egypt?" 4 And they said to each other, "We should choose a leader and go back to Egypt."

I literally asked why He would lead me to WA if only to struggle there? What kind of Promised Land is that? Then I shut my mouth and stopped. The last thing I want to do is separate myself from Him. He led me this far and I'm going to trust Him to lead me "home" ... even if "home" looks dangerous in the natural.

Unlike the Israelites, I will enter Canaan.

Last edited:

loolalooh

John Belt:
One of the basic lessons that all Believers need to understand is the spiritual parallel story of the lives of Ishmael and Isaac. Ishmael is what Abraham produced in his own flesh by trying to push things ahead of God's schedule. Isaac is the child of promise that required faith and patience, believing God for the fulfillment. God's promises are obtained by faith and patience.

Having hope in the Scriptures, we seek God in the secret place for the personal promises and beyond to be fulfilled by His hand. It is through this process that we inherit the promises and avoid the superficiality of our own attempts to push the promises into existence through the flesh. Most of the time this involves pushing others into the flesh to get what we want, rather than seeking God and allowing Him to bring these things to pass. Sometimes the wait is much shorter than we even realize. Just as the children of Israel were in reach of the promised land, because they would not believe and allow God to give the victory through His power, then missed their opportunity and died in the wilderness of their own sin and choice.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for sharing that entire excerpt. The bolded really caught my attention.

Last edited:

loolalooh

Continued ... Numbers 14:

5 Then Moses and Aaron fell facedown in front of the whole Israelite assembly gathered there. 6 Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, who were among those who had explored the land, tore their clothes 7 and said to the entire Israelite assembly, "The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good. 8 If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. 9 Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them."

LovingLady

Butterfly08, have you been to the company's website that she is affiliated with. Here is the link: http://www.proverbs31.org/index.php

This link is specifically about her: http://www.proverbs31.org/speakingministry/speakerteam/LysaTerKeurst.php

So far my favorite thing about the sight is the prayer request. :love5:

Matthew 18: 19-20

19 Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
20 For where two or more are gathered together in My Name, I am there in the midst of them.

Ceelo

Again, What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeyrst is an EXCELLENT book. The tears were falling, just like they do whenever I read this thread. If you are just starting out on your wilderness journey, this book explains all of the phases you will go through so that you can prepare yourself.

The first is leaving - your comfort zone, the crutches you depended on instead of God. Next is famine, where you have no choice but to depend upon God to see you through. Next is believing, the phase I am just starting to read about, where your faith grows as you see God's hand move on your behalf as you never have before, because you are truly leaning on Him.

I haven't made it to Death yet, but just reading that word brought tears to my eyes, and I know that I have already started this phase myself, for months actually. This can be a grueling stage. :cry: And finally, what I look forward to, RESURRECTION! I am going to try to finish this book tonight. It is just that good. :yep:

Im reallu glad I came across this post bc i was just thinking of new books to get..i will be purchasing this..thanks for sharing!

Do_Si_Dos

John Belt:
There is a key behind closed doors that is accessible to every Believer. Through diligent pursuit of God we can discover a life of fulfillment and reward in this life, forsaking the strivings of our own flesh.

The Rewarder

Matthew 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

What we are in private we will be in public. God so values the secret place with Him that when we seek Him in that private place He promises to reward us openly. In a world where everything is flaunted and pushed, God calls us to do things in a contrary way of the world. God is the Promoter and Rewarder. If we promote ourselves there is no reward left. Self-promotion is the way of the world. Those who manipulate people to get a place, position or power in this life may attain it through the flesh, but there will be no reward when all is said and done.

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.

Our lives need to be lived for the Father's pleasure. It is His heart and pleasure that we are after. When we learn to find our identity in Him and His affirmation, then we will quit striving to attain it in our own strength. When it comes to the things that we have been entrusted with we are to be good stewards. When God shows us something it is not necessarily for the whole world to know. Many times it is just for us individually. We have got to learn to keep it to ourselves, pray it in the secret place and let God do the promoting. It is His favor that surrounds us like a shield. If we really believe this then we will quit trying to make things happen in our own strength.

Seeking God For Fulfillment

Hebrews 6:11-12 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

The Open Doors

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, "These things says He who is holy, He who is true, 'He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.'"

David was a seeker of God. He knew the secret place (Psalm 91). A writer of 73+ Psalms, his heart was a surrendered heart. Even when he failed he did not try to justify it but willingly took the penalty for his errors. The fact is that when we attempt to make things happen by our own strength it has a more far-reaching impact than on just ourselves. Just as when we choose to let God have control it has a multiplied blessing upon others, so it can also be a curse to others who participate in the things done by those who push in their own flesh.

Jesus was revealing to us a major key in how to see things accomplished through His Spirit. Seeking God in the secret place, praying the promises—this is a foundational key that will open doors that no man can shut and shut doors that no man can open. It is not about us trying to convince others about how important we are, how gifted we are or how spiritual we are. It is about finding our security and identity in His affirmation of who we are in Him.

Being and Abiding

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

One of the most powerful things we could ever learn is to learn to "be" who He has created us to be. Getting the revelation of who God already says we are and have is undoubtedly one of the most important things we could ever grasp. It is not about what we do but who we are already in Him. It is about our "abiding," our "being" in Him. He is the only One we need to please. We live for His pleasure. We will find life a whole lot easier when we learn this simple truth. We are created for His pleasure, to be His very own treasured possession.

There is a key that opens doors waiting behind closed doors for every one of us. The time we spend with the Lord cannot be overvalued.

His Blessings and Peace be Yours,

John Belt
Live In His Presence Ministries

I am not in a wilderness state persay, but this was very timely for me!! I am really believing for somethings in my life, and all I can say is wow!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

OhmyKimB

My Way... or His

Today's Scripture

"Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5 AMP

Thoughts for Today

The Lord is our Banner. He wants us to stay under his banner—to trust in him and his plan for our lives, to depend on him and trust him as our source of strength, as our protection. But so often we either get in an "I can do it myself" mode or determine that "I want to do it my way." When we do this, we step out from under God's banner of protection. Just as the Israelites began to experience failure every time Moses' arms dropped, so we will struggle needlessly when we choose to step out from under his banner.

Being under God's banner does not mean we won't have problems—the Israelites still had to fight their battle. But it does mean that we don't have to face things alone—and that God will work all things together for good and bring ultimate victory.

Consider this...

Is there some area in your life that you have determined you want to handle by yourself—and do it your way? Perhaps you don't think that God cares about or completely understands your struggle. Or maybe you are determined to do it your way, even knowing that your way does not line up with God's plan.

The truth is ... God does care. He does understand. And his way, even if our desires conflict, is always the best way. Step back under his banner of love and protection. Submit to his plan. Let him help you. You will be glad you did.

Prayer

Father, I thank you that you are my banner. Help me to walk under your banner and not succumb to self-will and pride, choosing my way over yours. Thank you for your love and protection and forgiveness. In Jesus' name ...

These thoughts were drawn from...

Knowing God My Father: Applying the Names of God to My Personal Life by Jimmy Ray Lee, D.Min.

OhmyKimB

In case you feel as though God is not answering you.

Bob Jones:
There's a Famine "of Hearing"
in the Land
Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord God, when I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but [a famine] for hearing the words of the Lord. And [the people] shall wander from sea to sea and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord [inquiring for and requiring it as one requires food], but shall not find it.—Amos 8:11-12, AMP

These are the words of the Prophet Amos that can be directly related to the American Church today. The Church has been dominated by a spirit of stupor because of their continual disobedience to God.

This famine in the land is a blanket of deafness preventing the Body of Christ from hearing the Word. In this fast-paced world the Word is made available by many forms of communication by internet, T.V., books, CDs and DVDs to name a few. There is no lack. The problem is in the hearing of the word as if the word is falling on deaf ears and bringing confusion into the understanding of the spoken Word. It's just like the serpent did in the Garden when he spoke to Eve twisting the original Word of God.

As it is written, God gave them a spirit (an attitude) of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, [that has continued] down to this very day.—Romans 11:8, AMP

The oil spill in the Gulf is only the beginning of this nation's troubles. The only hope (confident expectation) for America is for her to wake up from her stupor and cry out to God. When the Church goes to her knees and cries out to God for mercy, He will hear the prayers of the godly and answer and heal their land (and their seas).

There is no help for this nation apart from God. We must cry out for God to plug the oil well in the Gulf for He's the only one that can do it! And He'll only do it when the Church cries out.

A Promise for God's People

If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.—2 Chronicles 7:14, AMP

This is a powerful Scripture for the Church; not the heathen. It's a promise for God's people; those who are called by His name. Christians are those who walk in the power and authority of Christ. When they cry out God hears them and answers.

When the American Church wakes up and cries out to God, we give Him permission to stop some of these major judgments. The only answer now will be God answering the prayers of His saints. Cry out to God so people will come out of their stupor and begin to hear from Heaven.

Pray for the spirit of stupor on this nation to be broken. There is no shortage of the word, they are not hearing. When you hear, then you obey! Heaven is waiting on the prayers of the saints to answer 2 Chronicles 7:14. The saints must go to their knees!

In short, God is waiting for the redeemed of the Lord to say so!

Bob and Bonnie Jones
The Prophetic Ministry of Bob and Bonnie Jones

To contact Bob Jones send your inquiry to:
Bob and Bonnie Jones Ministries
White Horses Publishings
P.O. Box 838
Pineville, N.C. 28134-0838

OhmyKimB

Cindy McGill:
A Survival Guide for These Trying Times
I think it's safe to say that we are in some of the most trying times we have seen in a long time. Whether it's financial, emotional, spiritual, physical or more, these times are defiantly stretching us. We are in process. Grabbing on to the Rock, Christ Jesus, we are finding our strength, wisdom, understanding, increased faith and ability to get through the storm. The design from Heaven is serving to cause us to be redefined for the days ahead. God has started the work and He has promised to finish it.
Understanding the Process
If we can understand "why we are going through what we are going through," we can get through it. Every prophecy or promise God has made to us about our lives will endure a measure of testing. Nothing gets stronger or proven unless the fire is put to it, driving out the impurities. Increased responsibility demands increased preparation.
All throughout Scripture we see God's preparation process for those He purposed to use in places of great influence. The work has been started by God and He has promised to complete it. Sometimes we actually get what I call a "Holy Ghost anesthetic" for times when things are being rooted out of our lives to give us greater effectiveness in the days to come. This "anesthetic" is a comforting presence from God in the process of change and refinement.
God is getting us ready for places He has prepared for us and this refining process will serve to strengthen our character and produce an unshakeable resolve to remain faithful to the Lord in the days ahead. We are truly learning to do things God's way. Forgiveness, overcoming evil with good, continued seeking, asking and knocking, which produces greater persistence in faith, are just a part of our preparation process for the future.
Re-Examine Our Citizenship
Our citizenship is in Heaven and our value system is there. When we can secure ourselves in pursuing the Kingdom of God, then the trials of this world won't take us down. We can then look to the mountain where our help comes from and keep our emotions (our soul) from entering into hopelessness, despair and depression. Where our affections are is where our heart is.
Philippians 4:8 says to think on things that are lovely, pure, honorable, noble and of good report. We are learning to bring our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ. In this Kingdom there is privilege: miracles, healings, the ability to see things clearly, protection from evil, strength that comes from joy and so much more. We can visualize ourselves seated in heavenly places, seeing things from that perspective. From that position, we get an accurate assessment of what is really going on.
Sacrifices Bring Blessings
Here are a few ways we can participate sacrificially:
• Sacrifices of Praise. When things seem the darkest, the very last thing we feel like doing is praising, yet praise is a powerful weapon of warfare that displaces strongholds and principalities in high places. The devil won't enter into praise times with you. Sacrificial praise is faith-based, praising God for answers to things we haven't seen yet. It's for His undying love and protection for us, for His mercy, for His kindness, for the truth that sets us free, for His power and strength whether we feel it or not.
Praise ushers in the presence of God into our situation. Praise changes the atmosphere and realigns our spirits with His, the Spirit of Truth. Praise lifts our souls up out of hopelessness and reinforces our confidence in God's plan. Praise is a major focus adjuster. When we concentrate on praising God, other distractions can't take our attention.
• Sacrificial Giving. Giving is a Kingdom principle. Consider the widow's mite in Luke 21. As the rich gave out of their wealth, the widow gave out of her need. Jesus considered what she gave to be the greatest gift. We cannot out-give God. If we don't give in lean times, we won't give in prosperous times. That's a fact. Sacrificial giving is a test. I believe God is looking for those who won't hoard and will give when the times are hard. These are the ones true wealth can be entrusted to in the days to come.
The widow at Zarephath in 1 Kings 17 was faced with this challenge. As she perceived that she and her son would certainly face their last meal, Elijah asked for the first offering of food. I'm sure this must have taken this widow by surprise, but in obedience to Elijah's direction, she made him a cake, and that act of obedience to Elijah's word secured her provision. The jar of flour and oil did not run dry again. In this time of testing during lean financial times, God is looking for those who will give above and beyond, and He will bless above and beyond.
• Sacrificial Acts of Kindness. Spontaneous acts of kindness bring great delight to the heart of God. It is His very nature. When we can take our eyes off of ourselves and look to assist others in a time of need, we will find depression far behind us.
I read a story years ago about a nun who was dying in the hospital with a fatal blood disease. But her life had been one of giving to others and it didn't stop, even as she was confined to her bed in pain, which was described to be excruciating. Doctors, nurses, hospital staff and even other patients were drawn to her room as she would pray for them for healing of their sicknesses, their families and their needs. The atmosphere in her hospital room was thick with the presence and glory of God. Sometimes people would just sit in her room while she slept because of God's presence that was with her. As a result of her sacrificial love and kindness, many, many people received Jesus and discovered Love that knows no limits or boundaries.
Pressing on to Greatness
A great spiritual awakening is beginning to take place. Our directions are simple. Micah 6:8 says that three things are required of us by the Lord: to do the right thing, to love mercy and to walk in humility. The battle belongs to the Lord. He will fight for us when we put Him ahead of us. Encourage each other at the beginning of each conversation. Stir each other up to love and good works. Love always thinks the best first. Rest and stay in peace. Focus on God and not on the news and current events. God REALLY is in control. When we can learn to have power under control, then we will inherit the earth. There are great things and greater things ahead for us.
Go through the process, maintain your focus and God will bring us out into a broad place where His glory will be seen all over the earth.
Selah.
Cindy McGill
Hope for the Harvest

OhmyKimB

Barbie Breathitt:
The Past is Over! What Do You See for the Future?
Joel 2:25-27 gives us a promise of restoration: "I'll make up for the years of the locust, the great locust devastation—locusts savage, locusts deadly, fierce locusts, locusts of doom, that great locust invasion I sent your way. You'll eat your fill of good food. You'll be full of praises to your God, the God who has set you back on your heels in wonder. Never again will My people be despised. You'll know without question that I'm in the thick of life with Israel, that I'm your God, yes, your God, the one and only real God. Never again will My people be despised."

What Do You See?

What do you see for your future? Do you see hope or despair, faith or fear? Are you tired of the enemy stealing from you and plundering your hope and dreams? (see Isaiah 42:22-23).

The Lord revealed each step Jeremiah was to take to enter into his new season to achieve his future. At first, Jeremiah was not able to see his future clearly; his boldness and clarity didn't come until God removed his fear, doubt, and excuses. We are always so eager to point out our sin, weaknesses and failures, and lack of training and skill. We are full of reasons why we can't do something, or why we are not the right person for an assignment. We offer excuses when God comes to send us forth in our calling. God was establishing Jeremiah as a prophet; Jeremiah could only focus on his past weaknesses, because he couldn't see his bright future.

Jeremiah 1:4-10 (NASB) Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." Then I said, "Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, because I am a youth."

But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am a youth,' because everywhere I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the Lord. Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

God's loving persistence with Jeremiah gave him skill and understanding to develop his prophetic eyes to see vision and his ears to hear the word of the Lord. "The word of the Lord came to me saying, 'What do you see, Jeremiah?' And I said, 'I see a rod of an almond tree.' Then the Lord said to me, 'You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it'" (Jeremiah 1:11-12, NASB). God continued to articulate Jeremiah's potential and refused to allow Jeremiah to focus on his excuses, fears, or failures.

God also speaks to the positives of what we are, and what we can become, rather than emphasizing the negatives. For example, God does not speak to our sickness and disease; He speaks to our health. He does not speak to our poverty or lack; He speaks to our wealth and abundance. He does not speak to our failure or mistakes; He speaks to our success. He does not focus on the past; He speaks to the now and to the future. God speaks the language of hope to encourage each of us to succeed. We do not like to be left in the dark, so God brings us into the light. He wants us to know the wonderful plans He has for our futures as much as we want Him to reveal them to us.

God's Giving Us New Vision to Lead Us in a New Way

Recently, I had a dream in response to my asking the Holy Spirit to help me understand where we are in the timetable of "transition and change." I dreamt of a yellow car full of people. The vehicle represented peoples' lives, their careers, churches, and businesses that they are in the process of making decisions and changes in. The car was yellow because everyone was used to using their minds, their intelligence and powers of reasoning to make decisions. No one was seeking God or asking how to make the transition successfully.

The car was at the halfway point on a big, major highway. It had come to rest in the middle of a crossroad or intersection. As the oncoming traffic would pass back and forth on either side of the car, I could feel the force of the wind from the oncoming vehicles shaking the car. It was not possible to continue forward because the windshield was fogged over; it was not cleared enough to see where to go next, or how to turn. It was too risky to go in reverse—I knew that would mean we would be losing ground. The Holy Spirit said we need to wait on Him and the leading of His Spirit for our next move, or our next step, no matter how scary and uncomfortable it feels right now. He said He is going to give new vision and lead us in a new way. He wanted us to be totally dependent upon His voice, His vision, and His leading.

Isaiah 43:18-21 (NKJV) says, "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field will honor Me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen. This people I have formed for Myself; they shall declare My praise.

God is giving us prophetic insight to see our new season, but we must wait until our eyes are given vision and our ears hear His voice saying, "This is the way, walk ye in it!" (Isaiah 30:19-22).

The Past is Over...

When we capture a picture of light and God's goodness for our lives in the midst of the dark place of our existence, we have "vision." Vision releases hope. Hope enables us to change. Change releases destiny. Destiny drives us out of the now and propels us into the future. Once we catch a glimpse of who we are in the future, we are able to bring it into the reality of today. This is one of the major ways God is able to accelerate good in our lives through dreams and visions. The more we can see and believe, the more we can become. We must see it to be it!

God births dreams and visions in us in order to bring revelation, illumination and inspiration. Revelation is the discovery of truth. Illumination is spiritual or intellectual enlightenment. Inspiration is communicating the understood, discovered truth to others. To inspire means to inhale or breathe in the Spirit to stimulate the mind, to create or to activate the emotions to a higher level of feeling. To spiritually inspire is to guide, affect, or arouse by the divine influence of the Holy Spirit. Through revelation, illumination and inspiration, the Spirit of the Lord is calling to the Holy Spirit within us as He leads us into the deep things, the secrets and mysteries of God. The DNA within each of us sings a different song.

Psalm 42:7-8 (NIV) reads: Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life.

God has been speaking to me that "it's time to widen" and advance, to receive His promotion and increase. But, if I focus on the difficulties of my past season instead of the potential of my promising future, fear will stop me from making the necessary changes to step into the new.

Isaiah 54:2-8 Make your tent bigger. Open your doors wide. Don't think small! Make your tent large and strong, because you will grow in all directions. Your children will take over many nations and live in the cities that were destroyed. Don't be afraid! You will not be disappointed...

The Lord your Savior said this: "The past is over; it cannot dictate your potential, expectations or hope unless you give it permission to rule your present and future." God has promised to remove the shame, embarrassment, and the reproach that cause fear. God is calling you back to your first love with all of His love.

Success is in Your Mouth!

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 tells us success is in our mouth! "For this commandment which I command you this day is not too difficult for you, nor is it far off. (It is not a secret laid up) in Heaven, that you should say, 'Who shall go up for us to Heaven and bring it to us, that we may hear and do it?' Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who shall go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear and do it?' But the word is very near you, in your mouth, and in your mind and in your heart, so that you can do it" (AMP).

God wants us to decree His word to release favor, breakthrough, strategic alignment, and prosperity. When we decide the past is over, and it is time to step into a new day, in a new way, God's light will shine brightly on the new path. Job 22:28-30 (AMP) says, "You shall also decide and decree a thing, and it shall be established for you; and the light (of God's favor) shall shine upon your ways. When they make (you) low, you will say, '(There is) a lifting up'; and the humble person He lifts up and saves. He will even deliver the one (for whom you intercede) who is not innocent; yes, He will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands."