wind up or under?

ladylibra_30

when you do your roller-set, do you wind the roller up or under. my stylist (dominican) did a rollerset (gray rollers-wound up) on me and i liked the results. i think i'll practice this technique tonight. is there anyone who roller-sets her hair this way?

I don't roll my own hair, but I've had my sets rolled under, up, and a combo of both. I like them all equally, too...I probably wouldn't even notice the difference if I didn't know beforehand.

You pull the hair up and away from the direction you are rolling (so forward basically) to get the tightest set. That's how you create the tension.

I have been rolling up for years. My roots come out less poofy when I set my hair this way (plus I don't get blow-outs).

I also like the combination of rolling up and down however I can hardly achieve the same results as the Dominicans!

[ QUOTE ]
I have been rolling up for years. My roots come out less poofy when I set my hair this way (plus I don't get blow-outs).

[/ QUOTE ]

hey nice /images/graemlins/wave.gif
i rollerset my hair last night and it was much easier than rolling under...it's true what you say about the roots being smooth. i had a nice, soft, flip set (i used the gray rollers).

Same here, and other times I do a basic roller set. Sometimes I get a little creative and spiral a few at the back or on one side when I want a whisical, flowy roller wrap.

[ QUOTE ]
I also like the combination of rolling up and down

[/ QUOTE ]

When i roll them up, my set is tighter... so i mostly do the middle and the back up... and the front and sides down. I wrap it up when im done so it's doesn't matter that the curls r all willynilly LOL

when i used to roller set...i rolled up...thats how my coworker did it when she rolled my hair, so thats how i learned

I think rolling it up gives you more all-over body, especially if that means she's brushing the roots in the opposite direction when blow drying.

Back