Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Brides

frobellete

Isn't is interesting how God will lead and guide us to remind us of what He has promised and has fulfilled for us.

God watches over His 'Word' to perform it and PERFORM (bring it to pass) He Will. God's Word shall not return unto Him void. It will accomplish that which He sends it to prosper.

It is indeed and today's sermon was on the indestructible word of God we were to encouraged to write down the vision as in Habakkuk2:1-4. I was really encouraged i think i need to raise an altar of prayer and worship concerning this issue. i had kind of given up.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

It is indeed and today's sermon was on the indestructible word of God we were to encouraged to write down the vision as in Habakkuk2:1-4. I was really encouraged i think i need to raise an altar of prayer and worship concerning this issue. i had kind of given up.

frobellete..... I'm so happy for you and I 'agree' with your prayer, praise and worship unto God upon the 'Altar' that abides within your heart. God never lies; the fears and doubts are the lies of satan in an attempt to 'lure' us away from God and believing him.

Remember how Abraham and Sarah 'forgot' God's promise that they'd have a son? Welllllllll, God didn't forget and the 'Promise' came as God said.

I'm looking forward to your diamond ring and your wedding pictures, soon.

God bless you. :Rose:

Belle Du Jour

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

God never lies; the fears and doubts are the lies of satan in an attempt to 'lure' us away from God and believing him.

Remember how Abraham and Sarah 'forgot' God's promise that they'd have a son? Welllllllll, God didn't forget and the 'Promise' came as God said.

I'm looking forward to your diamond ring and your wedding pictures, soon.

God bless you. :Rose:[/QUOTE]

The story of Abraham and Sarah came up in my weekly Bible study and I read it at home.

[B]Gen 22[/B]:
1 Now it came about after these things, that [B]God tested Abraham[/B], and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
2 He said, “Take now your son, [B]your only son, whom you love[/B], Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you.”
7 Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
8 Abraham said, “[B]God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt off[/B]ering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.

Now, while I was reflecting on how God tests us to see where our heart is, I flipped to [B]Psalm 11[/B]:
1 In the Lord I take refuge; How can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain;
2 For, behold, the wicked bend the bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string to shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
3 If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
4 The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven;[B]His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.[/B]
5 [B]The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked[/B], and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain snares;fire and brimstone and burning wind will be the portion of their cup.
7 For the Lord is righteous, [B]He loves righteousness[/B];the upright will behold His face.

This goes right along with what He showed me over the summer in [B]Psalm 50[/B]:
5 Gather my saints together unto me, Those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

God brought this same Psalm to my attention about a month earlier because I journaled about it and here He was showing it to me again. God does not forget and yes, He sometimes tests us to see where our hearts are. Will we stick to our end of the covenant? Will we still love Him if He delays in giving us the deepest desire of our heart? Do we want marriage more than God? Or will we curse Him and say He doesn't have our best interest at heart? Will we trust Him or run ahead and try to do it ourselves? I have to surrender this area to Him just about everyday and trust that He knows exactly what He's doing even though He hasn't bothered to give me a clue :lol: But I am willing to lay it all down on the altar, just like Abraham did. I even told God that if He was calling me to a life of singleness, I accept it because I KNOW that if that is truly God's will for my life, then it's really the best for me. I know He would never lead me astray.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

The story of Abraham and Sarah came up in my weekly Bible study and I read it at home.

Gen 22:
1 Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
2 He said, “Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you.”
7 Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
8 Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.

Now, while I was reflecting on how God tests us to see where our heart is, I flipped to Psalm 11:
1 In the Lord I take refuge; How can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain;
2 For, behold, the wicked bend the bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string to shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
3 If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
4 The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven;His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
5 The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain snares;fire and brimstone and burning wind will be the portion of their cup.
7 For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness;the upright will behold His face.

This goes right along with what He showed me over the summer in Psalm 50:
5 Gather my saints together unto me, Those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

God brought this same Psalm to my attention about a month earlier because I journaled about it and here He was showing it to me again. God does not forget and yes, He sometimes tests us to see where our hearts are. Will we stick to our end of the covenant? Will we still love Him if He delays in giving us the deepest desire of our heart? Do we want marriage more than God? Or will we curse Him and say He doesn't have our best interest at heart? Will we trust Him or run ahead and try to do it ourselves? I have to surrender this area to Him just about everyday and trust that He knows exactly what He's doing even though He hasn't bothered to give me a clue :lol: But I am willing to lay it all down on the altar, just like Abraham did. I even told God that if He was calling me to a life of singleness, I accept it because I KNOW that if that is truly God's will for my life, then it's really the best for me. I know He would never lead me astray.

Beautiful, Lady Belle... :Rose:

This is annointed.

frobellete

you ladies are just too awesome - a gift from God. thank you your posts are so encouraging. 'and i thought i came here just for hair - im getting much more yey!'

Shimmie

Staff member

you ladies are just too awesome - a gift from God. thank you your posts are so encouraging. 'and i thought i came here just for hair - im getting much more yey!'

We have our 'moments' here :look:

Yet God still rules and reigns and we Love Him...Oh how we love God and we truly love and stand by and support each other. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member

Jesus Said...

6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

Mark 10:6-9

luthiengirlie

Its been.. Two years.. 8 years single two years hoping praying.. My friends are getting married left and right and I admit it really HURTS sometimes I've been waiting my whole life.. No man has ever loved me.. Not even my father .. So its been rough

Aviah

luthiengirlie

I know God made us to want the companionship of a husband. But I pray you feel and realize the depth of God's love for you. It won't replace a husband's love, but it really gives so much peace.

Shimmie

Staff member

Its been.. Two years.. 8 years single two years hoping praying.. My friends are getting married left and right and I admit it really HURTS sometimes I've been waiting my whole life.. No man has ever loved me.. Not even my father .. So its been rough

:kiss: luthiengirlie... don't ever give up.

Just please do not give up. :flowers:

Shimmie

Staff member

I will not... that felt like a message Shimmie

luthiengirlie

It is... :yep:

Precious one... it is indeed a message.

It is often at that point when we give up, that God has just released what He has promised what we have asked Him for...

Don't give up.

:bighug:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

((((( luthiengirlie ))))) I've missed your fellowship in here... good to see you posting again! You're good... don't worry!

:love2:

dreysonsmommy2011

MarriageMaterial said:
Shimmie, thank you for this thread. I feel renewed and refresh. I feel that God is preparing me for my husband. I'm not quite finish yet, but I feel before the summer next year I will be.

But I prayed a specific prayer to God that all old relationships will not resurrect. I only had two, in my life so no big deal. I know they won't.

I have been praying for my future husband as well. Lately I've been praying this prayer ALOT. At first I had no idea why, but I'm leaving it all in God's hands. Although the guy in my little picture up there would be ideal.. hehehhe

This is a prayer that Prettyfaceabnd (I think that's right) posted:

[pray]"Lord God, your Word declares that if I delight myself in you—if I enjoy and seek your pleasure above mine—you'll give me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4). Desiring a husband is neither evil nor selfish because marriage is honorable (Hebrews 13:4). At the beginning of creation, you proclaimed, "It is not good that man should be alone" and then you created Eve to be a suitable partner for Adam (Genesis 2:18). In the name of Jesus, I ask that you would protect the husband—a suitable partner—you have chosen for me. Because the covenant of marriage is sacred (Mark 10:9), I ask for a man of God. Please give me a husband whose love for me is only outmatched by his love for you; a man who will cherish me and build me up (Proverbs 31:28); a man who will honor me (I Peter 3:7) and our marriage vows; a man who will be a good father and provider; a man whom I will be attracted to physically, emotionally, and spiritually; a man who will love me as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25). Keep me from attaching myself to another man out of desperation. I will not settle for a relationship that's second best, convenient, or one that feeds my insecurities. Guard my purity and give me the patience to wait. And when I meet him, confirm to me that he is the one. Release from me the baggage of past relationships, and prepare me for the man You have chosen to be my husband. Free me from any hindrances to a healthy and godly marriage: insecurities, habitual sins, selfishness, and emotional hurts. Dispel my unrealistic expectations that set me up for disappointment. I place my trust in you rather than my partner. In this period of waiting, I will look to you alone to be my companion and best friend. You are the one who redeems my life from the pit, who crowns me with love and compassion, who satisfies my desires with good things (Psalm 103:4-5). I will not be anxious, but as I present my requests to you, flood me with the peace that surpasses all understanding so my heart and my mind are guarded in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6,7). In this request, I commit myself to trust you and do good, to dwell in the land and feed on your faithfulness. I commit my way to you and trust that you will bring it to pass (Psalm 37:35). Amen" [pray]
(author unknown
I love this prayer!

MrsMe

I love this gem of a thread. :yep:

I am preparing myself to become a Mrs, I vowed to let God be the foundation of our marriage and our life together. We have been through so much and I now realize that I wasn't ready for marriage. I was in love with him and the idea of marriage but wasn't aware of what it meant to be a wife. I'm ready now and ever since I opened up to God and asked him for his guidance and protection, I have never felt more at ease. :yep:
I'll come back to post about our story after we get married.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...excuse the typos

luthiengirlie

I did not realize in preparation one would be tested.. to see if you can handle the magnitue of what HaShem gives you...

Laela

:yep::yep: I agree... Amein~

I did not realize in preparation one would be tested.. to see if you can handle the magnitue of what HaShem gives you...

luthiengirlie

As much as I want to be a, wife to a, stunning man... I ann STILL healing from life long abuse.. There is still some deep wounds that need healing.. So I need to trust His timing

Shimmie

Staff member

As much as I want to be a, wife to a, stunning man... I ann STILL healing from life long abuse.. There is still some deep wounds that need healing.. So I need to trust His timing

It took me a while to heal and you are doing the right thing by allowing God to have His perfect work in you. It took me a while to trust again, but God has a way of making it happen.

Sometimes it just takes time, but it does happen. The healing process really takes place, all with the love of God. :yep:

Prudent1

Often times there is real wisdom in waiting.:yep: One of the best life lessons I have learned is to wait, seek God, and wait well (by that I mean with a good attitude). God is faithful. I promise you that.

luthiengirlie

Often times there is real wisdom in waiting.:yep: One of the best life lessons I have learned is to wait, seek God, and wait well (by that I mean with a good attitude). God is faithful. I promise you that.

I recieve that and I thank you for the wisdom of your words
Laela

JessieLeleB

Prudent1 said:

I'm up at 3am worried about this very question and yet I never saw this thread... Wondering if I'll ever be loved... suppose I still have a open wound that needs healing yet I would be lying if I said I'm patient with a positive attitude always thinking why god doesn't see me fit enough to be married or have kids?? Over and over alllll day everyday for the past 3 years? I think I'm total damaged goods! Please God give me wisdom and support to see me thur this rough time!!!

luthiengirlie

I'm up at 3am worried about this very question and yet I never saw this thread... Wondering if I'll ever be loved... suppose I still have a open wound that needs healing yet I would be lying if I said I'm patient with a positive attitude always thinking why god doesn't see me fit enough to be married or have kids?? Over and over alllll day everyday for the past 3 years? I think I'm total damaged goods! Please God give me wisdom and support to see me thur this rough time!!!

JessieLeleB
you will be loved.. YOU ALREADY ARE LOVED BY THE ONE WHO CAN NUMBER THE HAIRS ON YOUR HEAD.. YOU ARE NOT DAMAGED.. I AM NOT DAMAGED.. WE ARE HEALING WE ARE WALKING IN HIS WAYS..
that is FAR MORE THAN MOST..

I believe you and I will fall in love with an earthly man.. an amazing beautiful earthly man.. but i tell you something....... HEAL... TAKE THE TIME TO HEAL... it is freeing... I'm learning to voice things that bother me.... and voicing my needs... HaShem is teaching me this.. so I am LEARNING LEARNING LEARNING HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME... AND YOU.. need to learn how much HaShem loves YOU

Laela

^^^ Great story...

this is PRICELESS:

“All of that stuff — the red carpet, the makeup — it’s very fleeting and it’s not real,” said Ms. Findley’s friend Ms. Davis about the perils of being a couple in the limelight. “I know one celebrity who, after being on the set, came home and said, ‘You can’t expect me to take out the garbage after I’ve been to the moon.’ His marriage failed. Because you can expect someone to take out the garbage. Because that’s life. That’s real.”