Women are going natural because of Chris Rock movie! GTFOH!

Mommynikki772

So one of my ignorant cousins informed me that I was only caring about my hair due to the fact that black women are in an uproar over Chris Rocks movie!
I politely informed her... yes it was a her that black women have been loving our hair for years. Chris Rock and his movie had nothing to do with it!
She asked why was I stretching my relaxers and not flat ironing my hair like I used to, I stated well I just want healthier hair that grows the way nature intended it I am not stopping my relaxers I just want to stretch them out and allow my hair to grow more thats all. This conversation went on for forever. I just dont get it...some women especially black women I am around tend to think heat daily+perm every 5 weeks=good hair.

Natirelle

they think like that because of years of bad conditioning about our hair. If they dont know who to take care of they hair, they will find any excuse to make them feel good.

mscocoface

You can show her better than you can tell her. Keep doing what you are doing. She will be back asking you what you did.

:yep:

Trefoxx

Whenever Im involved in a discussion about that ignorant a&$ movie, things always seem to go left.

JJamiah

Uhhhh your membership date is march 2008, isn't that a little pre-good hair movie days. HUH! oh well, like it was said, you can show her better than you can tell her. Don't waste your breath!

Mommynikki772

Yeah I forgot I been at this hair thing for a minute lol! Oh well... I am trying to adhere to the each one teach one but it was pointless today