Women Pastors...

Honeyhips

Lovely
Vintagecoilylocks said:
To Honeyhips,

You should defend yourself. Christ did, the apostles did. How else could they show the truth. What will you do when you are approached by someone with questions on being Christian. How will you witness when they question or try to dispute what you say? What evidence and teachings will you produce for them. We cannot just walk away upset or shutdown because you have been challenged in your beliefs.

The statements were made that it was unclear in the bible about woman Pastors. When several ladies gave the scriptures some responses were Well I don't agree with no explanation based on scripture as to why. What explanation will you give a seeker.

If you get offended when you are challenged yet give no scripture or teaching to bear witness to your beliefs how can you witness in truth for Christ. If they ask where can they read that will you not produce the word for them. We must produce the evidence that has been given to us so that others can know it is true and not just our own interpretation or opinion.

And there are many false teachers and practices in the world today. I am not so proud to claim that I have never been falsley led by different teachings through the years. With the protestants having so many denominations I would think you would know the need to be prudent in what is out there. On this site we have heard of many saying they have heard some strange and conflicitng teachngs being put out by supposed teachers in some churches. Also the advice has been given to seek out churches that teach only the word. So obviuosly there are teachings going on that are or not biblically supported.

There was know one saying we are not all to bring the gospel to all we interact with. We have all been commanded to do so.

Study to show thy self approved. Be ready to give account of what you believe, why you believe it.
There is a reason why I'm walking away, offense isn't one of them. As a person you learn what battles are worth fighting and which ones are not. This just isn't worth it to me.

You have sent me to hell, deceived and now you are calling me a false prohpet. :lachen:

Pooh you may not have meant anything by YOUR post. but you can't speak for everyone.

CatSuga

I'll try to keep my comment short and simple.

In black America, there is a lack of male leadership.
Black men are not the leaders of the majority of our communities.
Black men are not the head of the majority of our homes.
Black men are not superiors at the majority of our jobs.

Everything about the black home and the black church is being dominated by black women. These churches that permit women to become pastors are just allowing the norm outside of the church to dictate the norm inside of the church.
In my personal opinion, this just shows the downward spiral of the black community. The status of black men have been broken to an all time low: men no longer provide for their women, men no longer raise their children, and now men can no longer be the spirtural leaders of their community.

(seriouly, i dont' know where this comment came from, i've been up for over 24hrs.)

Last edited:

DragonPearl

CatSuga said:
I'll try to keep my comment short and simple.

In black America, there is a lack of male leadership.
Black men are not the leaders of the majority of our communities.
Black men are not the head of the majority of our homes.
Black men are not superiors at the majority of our jobs.

Everything about the black home and the black church is being dominated by black women. These churches that permit women to become pastors are just allowing the norm outside of the church to dictate the norm inside of the church.
In my personal opinion, this just shows the downward spiral of the black community. The status of black men have been broken to an all time low: men no longer provide for their women, men no longer raise their children, and now men can no longer be the spirtural leaders of their community.

(seriouly, i dont' know where this comment came from, i've been up for over 24hrs.)
So the answer is for black women to be silent, to step back, turn down positions and jobs of authority and to wait for the black men to step up to the plate?

And is the black church really dominated by black women? From what I see, while the majority of the flock is made up of black women, the ones at the helm are still overwhelmingly black men.

This call for male leadership is a slippery slope. What are women really supposed to do? When we go for job interviews, should we turn down jobs that might have us supervising black men? Should we refuse to work for women bosses and demand that our boss be males? Should we not vote for women officials on the basis of gender?

I am truly curious to know you are concretely applying this philosophy in your business, professional (if you have a career) and personal life. I mean, do you actually walk the walk?

NewlyNature12

Jessy55 said:
So the answer is for black women to be silent, to step back, turn down positions and jobs of authority and to wait for the black men to step up to the plate?

And is the black church really dominated by black women? From what I see, while the majority of the flock is made up of black women, the ones at the helm are still overwhelmingly black men.

This call for male leadership is a slippery slope. What are women really supposed to do? When we go for job interviews, should we turn down jobs that might have us supervising black men? Should we refuse to work for women bosses and demand that our boss be males? Should we not vote for women officials on the basis of gender?

I am truly curious to know you are concretely applying this philosophy in your business, professional (if you have a career) and personal life. I mean, do you actually walk the walk?

Thank you for this post.

I feel that women have stepped up where men have fallen. I grew up in a church where women preached, and I've been to a church where a woman was pastor. She has led that church for many years and has saved a multitude of people.

I've noticed that some of you are so judgemental, maybe unintentionally. Let's not forget that we all have fallen short.