Women who have hair that tangles alot...

hot_pepper96

I'm having so much problems with tangles, but what's new. It's something I've had to deal with forever. I can't use just any shampoo because I always need one with lots of slip. Same thing with my conditioners. But for some reason my last couple washed, the tangles have been harder to get out.

Can anyone suggest products that help ease tangles and provide slip? Is that Silicon Mix thing any good?

Silicon Mix did not work for me as great as I thought from reading reviews about it... I have treid MANY detangling leave ins and the one I founf that works the best is V05 Detangle and Shine. The SECOND it hits your hair, you can feel the tangles release. Also Aussie Moist conditioner is good for slip.

I use Halo conditioner. It conditions well and I don't get a lot of tangles. One thing I know that works is to condition your hair then comb it while the water is running through it.

The cuts down greatly on tangles. I have used this method with other conditioners and it works. Motions Moisture plus conditioner is also great. I alternate between Halo and Motions conditioner.

I hope this helps.

I used to have TERRIBLE tangles.

I haven't found any miracle product that makes the tangles just slip out, but I've found a way to deal with them. I co wash everyday, and use the conditioner as a detangler (usually suave or v05 + oil)

What really helps me is detangling in SMALL sections while the hair is saturated with product. I braid each section after I detangle it and keep the briads in until I do whatever style I am doing to my hair. Braiding the freshly detangled hair keepsthe hair from tangling again. So I deep condition in braids and everything.

For me, the product isn't what really cuts down on the tangles... it's the techinque that I use to handle them.

My hair tangles alot too...more so when my hair is letting me know I need a trim/dusting.

I usually deal with them in the shower with some conditioner (Humectress) and make sure to put a leav-in with a bit of jojoba oil to ease combing afterward.

I always wash my hair in the shower so the stream of water helps keep my hair from tangling. I also make sure not to scrunch my hair. I just gently work through each section when I'm washing out the shampoo or conditioner.

Porosity Control Conditoner and Shampoo (not the extreme treatment pack) work for me when it comes to tangles. It’s funny that the Conditioner/Corrector is step 1 but it really does help with the tangles for me. I still use my CON Ultra Moisturizing as a conditioner sometimes after washing.

After the wash, I use Keracare Silken Seal or Redken Heat Glide ( I sure any of these kinds of products work the same but these are the only 2 I own). This makes it easier to comb through before I dry/flatiron.

I am transitioning, so I have a lot of experience with tangles. If the tangles are on the ends of my hair, it usually means I need a trim. I also have found that a pre-poo helps tremendously (usually conditioners with some oil and honey in it).

I agree with TG about pre-pooing. That helps me too.

Nexxus Therappe & Nexxus Humectress w/ 4-6 dollops of Paul Mitchell's The Detangler & EVOO is the BEST remedy I have ever used for tangles. I thought I was going to have to resort to washing in sections (which I didn't want to do) but I didn't have to because The Detangler sent all my tangle issues on their way!
My hair always seems less tangled after I poo with Therappe. DDTA is great for detangling as well. For a while, Elasta QP's H-Two did a great job for me, but b/c I'm transitioning to natural products I haven't repurchased it. I'm using Giovanni's Vitapro Fusion and it detangles like a dream. Giovanni Direct also does a nice job at keeping tangles away.

HTH
{DI}

Queenie said:
Try using the K-cutter comb or a Deman brush.

Yes, my hair used to LOCK before I started using the K Cutter. Just work thru small sections with conditioner.

hot_pepper96 said:
I'm having so much problems with tangles, but what's new. It's something I've had to deal with forever. I can't use just any shampoo because I always need one with lots of slip. Same thing with my conditioners. But for some reason my last couple washed, the tangles have been harder to get out.

Can anyone suggest products that help ease tangles and provide slip? Is that Silicon Mix thing any good?

I am getting tangles a lot more of late. I had a think about what I was doing differently and I realized that I haven't been covering my hair consistently at night with a satin cap/scarf as often I used to.....in fact I've been slacking a lot.....I still use a cotton pillowcase and so my hair rubs against the pillow when I sleep and this has been causing a lot of tangles in my hair lately. It's especially difficult to deal with when I wash my hair....so maybe if you don't cover your hair at night, that may be one of the reasons for the tangling.

Also, I found the Surge Powerwash shampoo helped alot with my tangles and I ran out of the stuff a few weeks ago....

Back