Would You Let Your SO Do Your Hair?

Aviah

It didn't look bad in the end. But no, unless it was cutting my hair off and shaping it up- I'll stick to doing my own hair!

freckledface

Yes if I broke both my arms and both of us were outta work so I couldn't go to the shop :) . Really though he knows my hair means a lot to me so he'd be gentl.

bhndbrwneyes

Only putting in braids and a roller set cuz some of my hair I can't reach when it's pulled straight back.

And I already told him he's going to have to learn. He was actually ok with it....well less opposed than other things I proposed such as "You're going to do all the cooking and cleaning" :p

faithVA

If he wanted to do it, I would let him. He takes great care with things so I could trust my hair to him. But I have some high maintenance coily hair with serious shrinkage. I doubt he would want to deal with all that :lol:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Absolutely! He already plays in my grass because our hair textures are so different and reaches out to smooth, straighten up parts, etc. Now "If I'd leave the house after he does it?" is an entirely different story... :lachen:

Channy31

He would have no idea
Although, I do feel weird saying he is an SO, he is just my 20 year old boyfriend :)

InBloom

In my new-growth
Naw man. I get nervous when he's attempting to play in my hair. It's like he hasn't developed fine motor skills of the fingers and tends to be heavy-handed. Not delicate at all. I cringe at the thought of him doing anything to groom my hair, lest I go back to pixie cuts...

niaelyse

I didn't watch the video but I just let mine cut about 5 inches off of my hair. He actually did a good job.

Miss617

Always left of center
LOL. Hell no. I asked FH to do a single braid for me once and he failed miserably. Never again.

leona2025

I lol when he said lets get these edges! Lol. Idk about letting SO do my hair. I'm sick of doing my hair. So I'm in cowash and bun mode. I can't see sitting and letting anything more be done to it. lol

Angel of the North

That would be a no unless he was a stylist, as for him wanting to do my hair um...no! We will not be playing Barbie with my hair :look:, I work hard to keep the little I've got on my head and I sure ain't got no time for that! :lol:

danysedai

He dyes my hair and has relaxed it in the past. Relaxing it didn't work because he is very slow and would go wayy over the estimated time.
He also trims my ends.

naturalmanenyc

Sure. DH has helped with my hair. The first time it was to help cut out a weave. Next it was taking down braids. Then I got him to do my blowout for my Brazilian Keratin Treatment. DH has also cut my hair.