WOW @ Adrienne!!!

Sindeee

Adrienne,

I've just finished looking at your online photo journal and I have to let you know that YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS!

I actually belly rolled laughing /images/graemlins/grin.gif when I got to the picture where you stored all your hair products. I mean a cabinet and everything? You should have the Dewey Decimal system like the library to code & find what you need quickly. I thought I was a true PJ but you've got me beat I'd say by 65%!

Once again, I enjoyed your progress pics, you look beautiful & at the rate your hair grows you'll get the 3" that you want WWAAYY before next year!

Sindeee

L

legs71

Adrienne, girl your hair is gorgeous! Besides the fact it's long it's visibly HEALTHY!!! Could you fill a sista in on your hair secrets? what is your regimen? I am a microbraid wearer and my hair has been chemical free for 1 year now. I have found my hair is stronger and grows faster when it is free of chemicals. I must say it is growing very nicely and I shouldn't complain. My only issue though is from time to time I get so impatient! Right now my bang area is below my lips, from my edges to where my ear "begins" hangs mid neck and from my ear on back it's on my shoulder. My back is 2 inches below the base of my neck. My top is growing but I want it to grow long so it can make my thin hair fuller. Sorry for venting!!!! But I have to hand it to you Adrienne your hair is da bomb!

G

Two thumbs up!!

I just have a question though. In one of the slides, it said somethng about World of Curls activator, if I'm not mistaken. Do you have a relaxer? If so, the activator doesn't disagree with your hair. I remember when I was young, my mother put activator in my hair even though I had a relaxer and it broke off terribly.

I love the way our hair looks, and the product you use agrees with your hair perfectly!

coilykinks

SweetCocoa,

Click on Adrienne's name and you will find the link to her website.

Adrienne - you have beautiful hair. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nita4

Adrienne: Your pics are absolutely gorgeous!! You look so cute!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Excellent job, you are definately an inspiration to me. Ahhhh, the cabinet with the hair care supplies....you may have some issues there... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Azalia

Adrienne words cannot express how gorgeous your hair is!!!! I simply love your picture trail it's so detailed and I think your hair grows real fast /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Congratulations on your Challenge you have succeeded /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I hope I can be as successful as you /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Keep up the good work and Happy Growing!

sweetcocoa

I love your hair! Especially the 'mischevious' one...lol. I especially love your bangs...or should I say lack of. I have never been able to grow out my bangs...how do you do it? Your album is very inspiring.

LondonDiva

You are another inspiration for me on this board.

Your hair is soooooooo amazing. You shoulf be proud with all the hard work you've put in.

I like the Chaka Kahn line that had me cracking up /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne0914

Y'ALL ARE SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE TO HANG OUT WITH ONLINE!! i really appreciate your kind words and positive reinforcement. thanks to all of you for the complients!

sindee, the dewey decimal system would require organization. so that will definitely never work with "the cabinet." /images/graemlins/grin.gif everything is just thrown in there based on if a spot is free. i started cleaning it out, but i really have a problem with getting rid of stuff. i'm the kind of person that would give something away then go out and buy it again if someone said it was good... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

legs, i can't remember whether i posted my regime since we moved to this new site. so i'll send it to your email address after i've updated it with my latest products. it's very simple cuz i'm very lazy. lol! /images/graemlins/smile.gif do you find that the microbraids cause damage? i've heard that they can. just wondering. girl, definitely the hardest part in all of this is waiting. it does get easier once you see some significant results... because then you know "well, if i just keep waiting, i'll get there eventually." that's where i'm at now.

karonica, yes i do have a relaxer. the curl activator has never been a problem with it. that surprises me to hear that it broke your hair off because i think of it as a mega moisturizer. maybe it was the brand that didn't agree with your hair. also consider that products have changed quite a bit in recent years. hmmm...

nita, girrrrl, i do not have issues. i just have a really, really large selection!!

azalia, YOU CAN!!!!!

sweetcocoa, the bangs were definitely the most difficult part to grow out since they were so short when i started. they were the reason i couldn't do a proper bun at first. i don't treat that hair any different though. are yours just stuck, or growing extra slow? how long are they now? even though i'm at bra strap, my bangs just made it to mid-neck. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif my head is kinda tilted forward in that pic.

adrienne

adrienne0914

thanks, londondiva! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

believe it or not, i don't feel like growing the hair was as much work as paying for all the products i've experimented with over the past couple of years. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm glad you liked those chaka khan pics, but they're SO hard for me to look at... lol!

adrienne

Madison

your hair is fa bu lous and all that growth in just TWO YEARS!!!!! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif please post your regimen /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya

Adrienne on your baid out...how did you braid your hair? I want to acheive the big waves like yours...I always have a tighter curl from my corn rows. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nita4

Adrienne: I curious, what is your growth goal?? And if your hair got any longer - do you think it would be difficult for you to handle? It truly is beautiful. Girl, I wish, I wish...

adrienne0914

thanks, madison and L.A. woman (what part of L.A.?)!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

okay, i'll go ahead and post my regime again here.

adrienne

----------------------------------

In my opinion, these are the two most important rules to achieving your goals:

1. Find the products that are right for your hair, and stop switching to other stuff when someone recommends things.

2. Leave your hair alone as much as possible. This was more important than the first for me. I used to blow dry and curl mine twice a week. After I got braids and did nothing, that's when it grew. They're not for everybody, but if you can sport them, I highly recommend it.

My hair policy is "less is more"... less manipulation... less heat... less product switching... I put different stuff on my hair depending on how I’m wearing it. So I’ll list it separately. Basically, I’ve been washing my hair once a week. If my scalp is itching bad, I’ll either rinse and condition or wash again depending on why it's itching (dandruff vs. sweaty). My scalp is getting worse. So I’ve increased to twice a week so I can get braids again.

UPDO:
<ul type="square"> [*]Wash with KeraCare Hydrating Detangling and prescription-strength Nizoral shampoo. I let the Nizoral sit for at least five minutes because of my problem scalp (psoriasis, I think). I now alternate between Elucence and KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo.
[*]Condition with KeraCare Humecto Cream conditioner. Every other week, I do a protein conditioning with Aubrey GPB.
[*]Apply Kiehl’s leave-in and finger comb. Then spray with S-Curl No Drop Activator to comb into ponytail. I smooth it down with a mixture of 1/2 World of Curls Activator and 1/2 Let's Jam gel.
[*]For the bun: I put Vaseline on my ends, and braid the hair. I tuck it under, wrap a baggie over it. Then I cover it with a cut-off stocking. I put the drawstring ponytail over the stocking and put two scrunchies around it.
[*]Wrap head at night with silk or satin scarf. [/list]
DOWN:
<ul type="square"> [*]Wash and condition same as above.
[*]Apply Kiehl’s leave-in and finger comb. Then I work a small amount of Breakthru Heat Style Protecting Foam through my hair. I blow dry on a medium setting. Then I curl on 7 or 8 setting. I usually roll it as I go to get the hair out of my way. After I’m finished curling, and before I comb it, I ALWAYS spray some kind of sheen on (right now, it's KeraCare Silken Seal) and rub Avon Dry Ends Serum through it. Both of these products prevent breakage from static. The Avon stuff also smells great!
[*]I usually wrap my hair every night, and use the Caruso rollers in the morning. I LOVE those things! I put both the KeraCare sheen and Avon Serum on before I comb it in the morning. [/list]
TRIMS:
• Never on a schedule, only when needed.

RELAXER:
• Dark &amp; Lovely No Lye every 4 months (i'll be changing this the next time i get a retouch, but not sure which yet).

VITAMINS (and why I take them):
• Central-Vite Multi Vitamin with Antioxidants (1/day)
- overall health

• Natrol Vegetal Silica, 400mg (1/day)
- hair growth rate, nail health

• Country Life Biotin, 5mg (1/day)
- hair growth rate, psoriasis, nail health

• TriMedica MSM, 1000mg (2-3/day)
- hair health, allergies, joint health

• Vitamin Shoppe Evening Primrose Oil, 1300mg (1/day)
- EFA, psoriasis, cholesterol

• Nature's Bounty Combo Vitamin C &amp; E (1/day)
- C (500mg): antioxidant, boosts immune system, aids vitamin absorption
- E (400IU): antioxidant, boost immune system

• Vitamin Shoppe Pantothenic Acid/B5 (1/day)
- hair thickness, growth rate, acne

I take all of the supplements at once first thing in the morning with my protein shake. I haven't experienced any discomfort from doing it this way. I also take the MSM during the course of the day. I think everything that I take benefits my body in other ways in addition to my hair.

I recently changed my vitamin regimen slightly because I didn't think the supplements I took specifically to increase my growth were working. I added the B5 and changed silica brands. So we'll see... That's about it.

kasyila

Adrienne, just beautiful!!!!!!!
I love the health of your hair, its is just gorgeous!
Please e-mail me regimen too, especially the braid one /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

carrie

Oh, Adrienne\'s hair ROCKS!

When ever I get a little discouraged about my hair growth, I check out her pics. Simply beautiful!

hairfanatic

Adrienne,

Your journal is remarkable!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Now this is what I am talking about. You see progress each time you took out the braids and your hair really grows fast.

uniquev11

Adrienne,

It looks like your hair grew a lot between July and now.
You have to be getting at least a 1/2 inch per month, now.
I say that because I read a post where you said that your hair grows so slow.
I also remember reading on a long hair growth website that hair growth sometimes speeds up as your hair gets longer.
It said something about the hair follicle getting stronger because it has to work harder to hold on to the hair.
If thats true, you will have waist-length hair in no time!

adrienne0914

once again, thank you, ladies! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kasyila... done!

carrie... that made my day! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic, i think i would have given up had it not been for the pictures. i can honestly say that so many times i thought my hair wasn't growing.! if you haven't done so, start taking pics on a regular basis to see what you're doing right and wrong. it does wonders to motivate.

unique, you could be right!! it just feels like i've been at this forever. and i know others that started about the same time and are progressing faster. the difference is they don't post pics, but they're out there. anyway, i really have nothing to complain about. there's just no pleasing some people... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

adrienne

L

legs71

Thanks for posting your hair regimen, it sounds quite simple. I hate to sound repetitive, but I am so amazed at how long your hair has grown. Oh yeah, to answer your question I think microbraids are damaging on relaxed hair for some reason because when I had them they really tore up my already damaged hair. Since I have been chemical-free it hasn't damaged my hair at all. I guess I prefer microbraids over box braids because they last longer and when they need to be done it isn't as visible. As my hair gets longer though I think I may eventually get box braids because it is a job and a half to take them bad boys(micros) out.

sweetcocoa

Adrienne the problem with my bangs is that the ends split so easily then frizz before I can get any length...even if I trim them....any advice? Thanks!

adrienne0914

is it just the bangs that split like that? it could be that they need extra moisture because of the way you're styling. i think the only thing that i do differently is protective styles most of the time. that has helped with the splits because i literally coat my ends with products. do you ever wear your hair in a bun?

adrienne

sweetcocoa

Yes, I do wear it in a bun...my bangs... I have to smooth back(although in my opinion I have a 'big' forehead, and think I look better with bangs). I'd really like to grow them out cause I think natural styles looks better when the front is long and parted then it does with short curly bangs.

L.A. Woman

Grew up in the omigod Valley (Woodland Hills) -- but as an adult stayed around Culver City and Venice . I'm in the big bad Apple straightening out a family situation at the moment. But I'll be back on solid ground and settling back in Venice during January. How about you?

iris

Adrienne, your hair journal and your hair are both amazing! Thanks for taking the time and having the patience to inform everyone about your routine. I really appreciate that kind of selfless generosity /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

You're Toast!
<font color="red">Iris</font color>

adrienne0914

i agree, sweetcocoa. i used to love bangs, but i do prefer the front longer. maybe you can put a little extra something on them before you smooth them back. i've been using vaseline on mine for a while now. that seems to coat them better than anything else that i've used. good luck with them! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

L.A. woman, i've always lived in the south bay. right now, i'm in Gardena. the big bad apple huh? i went there a while ago. i'd love to visit again one day...

thanks for the kind words, isis! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Jenai

Adrienne, your hair is simply beautiful. No matter what the length was in your hair journal, it looked healthy throughout the growing out process. You are inspiring.

adrienne0914

thanks, gigi! i've always been pretty good about taking care of my hair. but thanks to my internet friends, i have also learned to attain length. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne