WOW.... Sabino Moisture Block video on YouTube

Thanks bocagirl. I received lots of compliments last week on my hair from people I really didn't know.

I am glad to hear that using the smb with 450 didn't damage your hair. Does your stylist know that you having been using smb?

No she doesn't. She actually thought I hadn't used my flat iron iron at all, but I just told her I used my FHI Runway which was supposed to be better for the hair (left out the smb part because too much explaining).

This sabino moisture block is absolutely amazing:yep: Oh yeah, this product is great. I am natural with 4b hair. My hair is sooo smooth and shiny. It's almost unbelievable. When I flat ironed my hair the song " It's a Miracle" by Boy George (mid 80's) came to mind!

Next time, I will use my electric hot comb 1st b/c my newly trimmed ends ( I also did the acv rinse) where not smooth. I took a section and used the hot comb and whoa la the ends where/ are smooth. After I finished I added a tad bit more of MB all over and took lage sections of my hair and flat ironed it so that It will have a bump on the ends. One swipe is all it needs!

I rolled my hair and cant wait until I take the rollers out to see how my hair will look in the am. I may post pics tomorrow from my cell phone.
Isn't it though? I just love the stuff. I'm glad you like it too.

i used my sample of Sabino. i did read the three page instructions that came with it but i did not set my flat iron on 450. my hair puffed up about an hour later. i only used one vial, next time i will set my iron on high and test one small area and see if it works and/or causes damage before i flat iron my entire head. i do like the stuff, it made my hair feel really soft and it seems to seal in moisture.

I recently flat ironed a small section of my hair for the first time since going natural. I used a sample kindly shared by LilSparkle825.

I was mainly aiming to see if would protect me from heat damage and I believe it did! I used a hot comb in the pic attached, and a CHI iron the next day. Of course, with the CHI I got it a lot straighter and it looked great (that pic is on my mother's camera for now).

I was glad to see my hair revert to the same curl pattern. It took some shampoo to get my hair to go back all the way.

I'm not going to flat iron all of my hair until I reach APL, but I will be using this to do my mom's hair!

Attachments

• hot comb2.jpg
    hot comb2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Hot comb.jpg
    Hot comb.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 34
i used my sample of Sabino. i did read the three page instructions that came with it but i did not set my flat iron on 450. my hair puffed up about an hour later. i only used one vial, next time i will set my iron on high and test one small area and see if it works and/or causes damage before i flat iron my entire head. i do like the stuff, it made my hair feel really soft and it seems to seal in moisture.
You may not need that much heat. If you look at page 8, and see what I did, you'll see I got it straight with much less. However, you may need more sabino. And focus on concentrating it on the roots and the ends,then brushing through. I take the sabino and rub it between my thumb and index finger, then squish on each section at the root, then I also do the ends. then I brush through with just a tad more. You want those roots to stay straight! Also just FYI yall, samples are still available. I just had a cousin who loves my hair so much when I visited, and she just ordered one. You just go to the site and go to their email and just request one there. This stuff is now my staple. My hair is still growing, I'm natural and I'm pretty much wearing my hair straight all the time GASP I know. But I didn't go natural for reasons most did. I did because with my thyroid issues chemicals weren't an option, but I still like the look of straight hair. I also go curly, but lately, it's just been straight. I haven't had to cut my ends, and my hair is an inch longer so I know it's not breaking.:yep:

correction, my hair results are on page 9. Sorry. You know in a few more months to six months I'm going to include more pics so we can access hair w/ sabino after a long term use. I think it's best to provide those pis in Dec, so I'll do that then. Stay tuned. I already know what's going to happen (longer healthy hair) because I see what's happening now. This Sabino is sealing in moisture and protecting hair from heat.

Last edited:
correction, my hair results are on page 9. Sorry. You know in a few more months to six months I'm going to include more pics so we can access hair w/ sabino after a long term use. I think it's best to provide those pis in Dec, so I'll do that then. Stay tuned. I already know what's going to happen (longer healthy hair) because I see what's happening now. This Sabino is sealing in moisture and protecting hair from heat.

i'd be really interested to see this... staying tuned! :grin:

I got my samples in the mail about 2 weeks ago but I was afraid to try it b/c I didn't want to get it wrong. I finally tried it Wednesday night b/c I had a job interview Thursday. I washed, DC, rinsed, put in Salerm 21 as a leave-in, SMB and then blowdried. I could tell after I blowdried that my hair wasn't as frizzy as it normally is. I put in a little more and then flat ironed. I got that "glass-look/feel" someone else mentioned (sorry I don't remember who). The curls didn't hold but my hair still hasn't poofed up yet. Even the ends feel soft and moisturized and I only used half the vial.

So far, so good. I think I'm going to tell my mom to order a sample and see how well it works for her (she's 4b, natural).

Thanks everybody. :yawn:

Posted this sample link on other MB thread, but wanted to make sure everyone sees it. Again, I'll copy paste because of laziness (sorry it's been a looooooong week):
Also for y'all who haven't tried it, I emailed them a few days ago as it's hard to find where to request samples when I've sent friends to their site and they sent me this link. If anyone wants to try it and get samples here is the link to do that. I'll post it on the other thread as well.
http://sabinohair.com/0O37eTEbdD8t43l.html

Yeah same here. Well not really puffy but it just looks like I blowdried it not straightened it. It feels really sticky/gummy/I dunno. I only used maybe 3/4 of a sample. I wonder if that is the issue b/c with Chi/Silicon Mix I used wayyy more than that. I also blowdried my hair :perplexed: b/c thats what the instructions included and I didn't have time to airdry/rollerset. It was really pretty right after then poof...help I want to like this and have a humidity buster like the rest of you guys:grin:

The Girl, I believe you need more than 3/4 of that little vial because of the thickness and length of your hair. Try sectioning your hair off in 4's (part down the middle, two sections in the front, two in the back) putting about a quarter amount rubbing through from root to tip and scrunching it in like the directions state. Blow dry or air dry and again applying little just before flat ironing. BTW i'm 4b natural used heat on 450 and all my curls came popping back after my wash. You may need to use your flat iron on a higher setting.

Me.Me.Me....I tried it and my hair stayed straight for 2 weeks. My natural curls came right back.

I use it! And I will never use another serum again. My hair still feels moisturized and I haven't put a single thing in it since Saturday when I flat ironed with MB. I posted my questions/answers to Victor and my experience with this product in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=304123&page=3

I'm really starting to think I may be able to get away with just shampoo, conditioner and MB, nothing else! Going to try it for a year and see if I can retain length.

For those who use it to flat iron, how ofter do you straighten? Victor said I should wash my hair twice a week if I flat iron which means I would be flat ironing twice a week. I don't have a problem with twice a week if this totally protects from heat like he says. I do know it seals in moisture!

i :love: this stuff... The sample wasnt enough for me to play with and I felt hopeless. It took awhile for me to get the right amount i needed. I ordered the full bottle and it's now a staple a MUST!:grin:

I'm still using MB, it's the best product I've ever found for my hair. I ordered my bottle 5/2008 and still have about 1/3 of a bottle left, not to mention I have a LOT of hair.

I wish he would just do a regular screw off top, the pop-up design leaks when I travel with it, despite tape & baggies.

I'm still using MB, it's the best product I've ever found for my hair. I ordered my bottle 5/2008 and still have about 1/3 of a bottle left, not to mention I have a LOT of hair.

I wish he would just do a regular screw off top, the pop-up design leaks when I travel with it, despite tape & baggies.
I didn't think about that. That's a good idea. I did find that it sometimes leaks too. But I love the stuff so much, I just scrape it up like gold. No one touch my MB! No one, there's a little on the sink :)ohwell:). That would be a good thing. We should send them an email. They're a cool company, maybe they'll take our suggestion. And I know what you mean about having lots of hair. Mine is so thick, but the bottle lasts really good for the money. I was kinda ticked about the price, until I realized how good the product was, and the I shut up because it's worth it to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going out and buying that $400 dollar oil I saw in one thread! But MB, I can deal with as it's my only extravagence (everything else I use is relatively inexpensive in comparison)

Do you flat iron with MB or air dry?

I've done rollerset, airdry completely, 1/2 air and 1/2 blowdry,fully blow dry and then flat iron. My best combo is 1/2 air and 1/2 blowdry then flat iron. My hair looks like I had relaxer. Once I empty this camera i will post in my siggy MB hair.

I've done rollerset, airdry completely, 1/2 air and 1/2 blowdry,fully blow dry and then flat iron. My best combo is 1/2 air and 1/2 blowdry then flat iron. My hair looks like I had relaxer. Once I empty this camera i will post in my siggy MB hair.

That would be great I can't wait to see it. Yes! I love the way my hair comes out with that relaxer look too!:yep:

I need to get a bottle of this so that I can wear my hair straight when I go to Miami Beach. I hope I can get it to work right this time.

Can I purchase this from a store instead of online? Thanks in advance!

Back