YAY!! I CAN BUN AGAIN!

Miss AJ

Well it's not really a bun by long hair standards lol but I can pull my NL hair into a nice little lazy bun and i is excited! Excuse the pic, editing in Paint doesn't seem to act right anymore, smh.

bun.jpg

naturalagain2

Are you natural? Cause I'm shoulder length and I can't bun worth a crap due to shrinkage. If you're natural do you bun as soon as you cowash or something?

Whimsy

Congrats...that is definitely a big deal. i remember my first bun after my bc back in 05 i was ecstatic. i knew i could be lazy again!!

So happy for you!!!

Ronnieaj

Congrats OP! Being able to bun again is a beautiful thing :grin:.

Are you natural? Cause I'm shoulder length and I can't bun worth a crap due to shrinkage. If you're natural do you bun as soon as you cowash or something?

I'm natural SL and I bun immediately after DCing, while the hair's still soaking wet. I wring out as much water as I can with my hands (anything else causes my shrinkage to start), put it into a ponytail, and bun it from there. After the initial day, I can take the hair out of the ponytail and moisturize it, and the hair's stretched enough that I can re-bun it without completely re-wetting.

SouthernBeauty

I'm natural SL and I bun immediately after DCing, while the hair's still soaking wet. I wring out as much water as I can with my hands (anything else causes my shrinkage to start), put it into a ponytail, and bun it from there. After the initial day, I can take the hair out of the ponytail and moisturize it, and the hair's stretched enough that I can re-bun it without completely re-wetting.
CONGRATS OP! Thx for the tip Ronnieaj I will be trying this today!

naturalagain2

Thanks so much!! I'm gonna try it next time I wash my hair:grin:!

Miss AJ

Yes ma'am I'm natural. I haven't tried on wet hair yet, but I do it on stretched out hair. i wash and braid it up at night and bun in the morning. My wannabe Denman is a life saver.