Year 1 HHJ ( 2009-2010 Comparison) pics!

Bella02

Hi Ladies
I just removed my December install and wanted to share my progress. I joined in January 2009 and began year 1 of my HHJ. I have come a long way since my starting point thanks to all the knowledge I gained from you ladies on healthy hair practices—I love this board!

Forgot to include my reggie:
Overall, I tried to keep it simple so that I would stick to my routine throughout the year.
Protective Styling: Wore weaves with reinstalls 6-8 weeks apart
Shampoo: Used shampoo every 6-8 weeks with each reinstall to remove build-up. I would normally do an ACV rinse then follow-up with Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Shampoo.
Conditioning: Co Washed & Deep conditioned weekly. I used Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner for the co-wash and ORS Replenish Pak for the Deep conditioner.
Moisturize: Moisturized 3 times a week. I used ORS Shea butter moisturizer and sometimes their olive oil moisturizer.
Sealing: Sealed with an essential oil mixture consisting of peppermint oil, jojoba, almond oil, and coconut oil.
Growth Aids: Applied Mega-tek to edges and nape 3 times a week

Attachments

• 2009-2010 Comparison.jpg
    2009-2010 Comparison.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

Sade'

WOW!! U achieved a lot of growth. Your hair looks thick and healthy. Good job!!
So u applied the ORS and the Oils to your scalp? How did u get it on the hair (braids)??

Bella02

WOW!! U achieved a lot of growth. Your hair looks thick and healthy. Good job!!
So u applied the ORS and the Oils to your scalp? How did u get it on the hair (braids)??

Thanks!

I used an applicator bottle with a tip so that i could get in-between the tracks and apply directly to my scalp and the braids.I would normally do this at night before going to bed. I wore curly installs most of the year and re-wet every morning in the shower so did not mind the oils getting on the weave at night.

ycj1

Girl, you are definitely one of my hair inspirations. The very first starting pic when you showed your hair just at neck length is where I am presently. I have my hair in braids and plan on continuing with the C&G until Dec 2011 which will have me at my two yr mark. I really did'nt see that much difference when I used the mega tek before back in 07, but I might try it again but this time stick with it. And you've certainly come a long way with your nape! Amazing progression! You grow girl!:yep:

GodivaChocolate

WOW! Weaves are a great protective style option if cared for properly and you are a true testament to that. I cant wait to see you at year two, you'll probably be MBL

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
You saved EVERY single bit of your growth. It looks like you gained between 4-6 inches of length AND at the bottom of that growth you have full, healthy ends as well. There are too many things to mention about why your journey is so inspirational.

I think your hair looks spectacular. I am so glad you posted. Great, great job!

Sade'

Thanks!

I used an applicator bottle with a tip so that i could get in-between the tracks and apply directly to my scalp and the braids.I would normally do this at night before going to bed. I wore curly installs most of the year and re-wet every morning in the shower so did not mind the oils getting on the weave at night.

Thanks for responding! Wonderful!!! Do you have any pics of your install?? :lick: