Yes!!! Finally, A Good Flat Iron Job!!

MzLady78

So I usually suck pretty damn bad at flat ironing my hair (I'd say I'm probably like a 4B). I do just a good enough job to get it straight and in a decent ponytail. Well today, my hair came out absolutely beautiful and after a really random, thrown together process.

I prepoo'd (which I hardly ever do) with some cheapie conditioner, honey and black castor oil. Washed with Hello Hydration shampoo and deep conditioned with CON Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment (bought on a whim yesterday), moisturized with Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and sealed with coconut oil and blow dried. I used some John Frieda Frizz Ease (the purple one) on each section and flat-ironed with my sister's Solia. My hair hasn't felt this soft or been so bouncy since I was relaxed, I couldn't stop whipping it! :lol: The pics don't really do it justice but I'm so excited, I had to share!

Unfortunately, there wasn't anyone else home to take a pic of the back, maybe next time.

image-2877566600.jpg

image-88678408.jpg

image-2905266166.jpg

Last edited:
Good job! I'm itching to flat iron mine but it always poofs up when I give in.

Thanks! It remains to be seen how it will hold up in any kind of humidity but I'll work on that. Plus, I don't see doing this too often, not if I wanna get my a** back in the gym! :lol:

it does look pretty and i didn't know you were natural now! you hardly ever come on this side of town! :lol:

:lol: I've been natural for a probably more than a year. I think it's about the 3rd time I've gone natural, but I've usually just thrown on wigs or gotten braids or weaves. I'm trying to actually start working with MY hair. It's already longer than it was when I was relaxed. :yep: You can't tell because it's curled pretty tight, but the back is a little past my shoulders.

Looks good MzLady78, I have absolutely no flat ironing skills.

Thanks! I usually don't either, I really think it must be the regimen I used this time around. I'll have to write it down so I remember for later!

you're very pretty!!!!

Aww, thank you! :)

Back