Flat-iron pics/castor oil for growth!

Harina

Your hair is lovely. I need to revisit castor oil. I had been turned off by how sticky it was, like molasses almost. I'll try it again.

Ivey14

You have such shiny and pretty hair! I definitely need to bump up my oil usage. I try not to overdo it because I've read that we naturally produce our own oils which is nourishing to the hair. That, and I tend to get breakouts if I add too much on my hair, since I already have oily skin. :(

But good for you that you've found something that works for you. I'm gonna start stalking your fotki now :grin:

nnmiles

Your hair is lovely. I need to revisit castor oil. I had been turned off by how sticky it was, like molasses almost. I'll try it again.

Yes it is sticky, but just use a very little bit of it.... its worth it to see the growth. It's definitely my new staple. Thanks for the compliment!

Garner

Your hair is beautiful and the growth is phenomenal!!! Are you oiling your entire scalp with castor oil every 2-3 days?

Ann816

Hi Ladies:

For those of you that are afraid to use castor oil because your hair becomes a mess...try adding a little castor oil in your water spray bottle. That's what I do and it works really well. :yep:

Ann

blackindia07

Your hair looks great! Like Sonye93, I only use castor oil as a pre-poo. But I always try to keep it off my scalp because I was scared that it was so thick it would block the hair follicles.

nnmiles

Your hair is beautiful and the growth is phenomenal!!! Are you oiling your entire scalp with castor oil every 2-3 days?

Yes, I have been lightly oiling my entire scalp and making sure that I massage it in. Thanks for the compliment!

fyb87

Your hair is gorgeous and very thick. My hair is not that thick when I straigthen it which is why I stopped and why I wear it curly now! Great job. I use Home Health Castor Oil to moisturize my ends every few days and in my weekly deep conditioning treatments, but not on my scalp. I tried once putting it on my scalp. However, I felt like I needed to wash my hair. For some reason I just can't put products on my scalp. :perplexed

nnmiles

What brand of Castor oil should I use? Or does it matter??

Hey I use Home health cold pressed and cold processed castor oil, but I really don't think it matters. I like the castor oil to be thick...because that's where all the goodness is :lachen:But lots of people use the Jamaican black castor oil and it grew their hair too... I heard that stuff is thinner than what I use. But they still get the same growth. So as long as it is castor oil I believe it does the job.