You know your hair is gettin longer when....

keke

Bump.

When you can pull the back nape of your hair to the front of your face and almost covering your mouth :D

CarLiTa

that did sound weird, lol.

I'll know my hair is REALLY long, when I can wear my hair in a ponytail in the back of my head and have the ends reach my BRASTRAP... that'll be the ultimate for me... i'd be so happy! aiming for that end of 2006, lol.

LeNghtyDreAms

*when your hair gets caught under your back pack strap
*when you feel something tickling your back and you scratch it only to find out its your hair

SocialWorker29

pebbles said:
You know your hair is getting longer when:
-people actually ask you what you're doing to make your hair grow /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-family members touch your hair to check if it's a weave or a wig. My aunt came to the house yesterday, and while I was sitting at the table she came up behind me and yanked my hair real hard. She appologized after I yelled and said she thought it might be a wig because she never knew me to have much hair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif My problem with that explanation is, if I were wearing a wig it would be my business and she shouldn't try to embarrass me like that. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
:mad: What an ***.... who goes up behind people yanking hair, wig or not!

Healthb4Length

1. I think this is number one of all the reasons. When people keep asking "Is that your real hair???"
2. When people start asking for your hair regime.
3. When it seems like your arms are gonna break when you have to comb all of you hair when it's wet.
4. When you sit in a chair, and your back is crushing your hair, and when you sit up or change positions, you can feel you hair being tugged.
5. When someone who is talking to you is trying to look you in the eye and hair (whoever said that previously hit it right on the nail.)
6. When strangers ask you who does your hair and it doesn't even look good.
7. When a hairdresser suddenly wants to cut it because of "split ends" (THAT is how I know it is getting long. Sad but true).
8. When men compliment the length of your hair.
9. When friends start getting jealous or they start mocking everything you do to your hair (sad, but sometimes true).
10. When your mother tells you it is getting long! Heheheheeee!

Okay, I'm done.

ITA!:) ...Everyday people ask me if I'm wearing a wig! I never get that one, can a wig look so soft and lush and blow freely in the wind?:grin:

I love it when strangers tell me how much they love my hair, how they wished they had hair like mine (thickness more than length)...it kinda goes to your head cause I'm no where near my goals!

On the flip side I really don't like or even care when haters say 'won't you put a relaxer on that hair it's too thick!' or 'why is your hair so frizzy?' or 'when you gonna cut of all that hair?' and my favorite ' I just couldn't deal with all that thick hair!' I just don't listen to ignorant people.:)

SandySea

I know my hair is looking better and getting longer when:
1. Friends comment.
2. The lady that works at Staples ask why I put all that stuff in my hair (i.e. braids) when I have pretty hair.
3. When I go to the movies and lean back on the seat and my hair gets caught between my back and the seat (just now starting to happen).
4. When women start whispering about my hair when I sit in front of them at church.
5. When I get noticeably more attention from men with my hair down than when it's up.
6. When I start thinking about cutting it again (vicious cycle).
7. When I'm not paranoid about see-through thin hair when wearing it down.

Mizani_Mrs

when u feel something crawling on your bosom and u know it's an insect cause your hair ai'nt that long to reach there. then you flip out and start swinging at the air trying to get this creature off of your bosom and then.... 'oh it was my hair'..... (and everyone is staring at you like you are insane in the membrane)

MissYocairis

You know your hair is gettin longer when....

1) When you go to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom but you cannot because your man is laying on your hair and it's all the way up underneath his shoulder or arm so that he would have to move for you to actually lift your head. :D

2) I'm on a bun/no-heat regimine. So, when I wear it down to work (about once a month) ... I get EVERYONE...double-taking, staring, looking shocked, not recognizing me, telling me "I love your hair down!" (that's from the whites), the brothers say, "Your hair looks nice like that you should do it more often!), and the sisters say, "**staring quietly**" (they say nothing) :look:

3) Your basic bun, which used to look like a little poo-poo ball, now looks like a tennis ball (and it's all yours!)
:p

amy1234

Today my dad looked at me and decided to yank my hair because he said "it's thick" . Now is that some odd behavior or what? I even tried to shield my self from the "hair yank" but there was no way that I could escape it. I guess that is a sign.
* when people just assume that you are mixed

CookieLAD

honey_jammz82 said:
You are layin on top of your man
, and your hair keeps hittin him in the face...ewwww, I love it

Or hitting him in other places...... :naughty:

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
* When you find strands in the car or the kitchen floor and wonder "Whose hair is this?"
* When it gets stuck in your lipgloss as the wind blows
* When you have to clip it up to perform normal functions - teeth brushing, face washing, putting on clothes, etc
* When coworkers see you in the hallway and say "I saw this girl in the cafeteria with all this hair but didn't realize it was you till I saw the cheeks" (I have fat cheeks :) )
* When your boss just shakes his head in dis-belief when you wear it down.. once in the morning and again in the afternoon "... did not know you had all that hair"
* When your hairdresser keeps promising to charge you the "long hair rate".. lol...

Vintagecoilylocks

1. When you are getting ready for church and braidng your hair and my daughter walks by then walks by a few minutes later and say's "are you still on that same braid? Hurry up mom!"

2. You decided to treate your self to a salon wash and deep conditioner and I start to take out my braids and the helper says she will help remove those extensions for you :lol: well I said nothing and just watched her face as she realized they were not extensions. Then the owner said " we have to charge extra for the long hair. :ohwell: They got the treate I got stiffed.

3. When a lady said "you must be a Christian with such long hair up in a bun"

NoNapNique

* When you slam your hair in the car door as you are getting in - (true, and PAINFUL story)
* When you chew your ends accidentally while eating a taco or hotdog (true, and upsetting story)

ChasingBliss

When you feel a couple of strands tickling your waist, and you pull on them thinking they are shedded or broken and find those bad boys are still stuck to your scalp...Woo Hoo!!!

When your single braid after 3 months of shriveled new growth STILL reaches your bra strap.

Melaninme

NoNapNique said:
* When you slam your hair in the car door as you are getting in - (true, and PAINFUL story)
* When you chew your ends accidentally while eating a taco or hotdog (true, and upsetting story)

Okay, I thought this only happened to me! LOL:lachen:

KiniKakes

--When you have to be careful zipping up your coat because your hair could be caught in it :D

--When your normal hair style (ie, Dominican blow out) costs $5 more because you are no longer in the category of "medium length" :D

--When you realize that you have to sit under the hooded drier longer, because your hair can no longer dry completely in the 45 min that it used to take :D

amorette

Isis said:
...you appear in your dreams having long hair.
that's a good one ISIS -- im heavy into visualization, and I started dreaming of my hair being waistlength and then i stumbled across and article in black hair magazine which led me to this site. Whatever the mind can concieve and believe, it can achieve (Napoleon Hill - Think and grow rich)