Your parents' hair types

senimoni

honeycomb719 said:
Sounds like the girls take after the father's hair the most..
In my case:(
I wonder if you may be on to something. I know its not always the case, but it seems like more often then not.

mermaid

My parents and me (In the early '70's)

Back then my mom could pick out my hair, but since my teen years it won't pick out fluffy like that.
My mom's hair is thick- she finally cut her hair because it gave her headaches) maybe a 1c-2a, my dad was a 3c-4a I would guess.
Mine is both their types and everything inbetween:ohwell: .
My boys have 3a to 3c

and my daughter is 2b

Arcadian

My mother - Don't really know for sure, she could be a 2 or 3 something because its really thick and relatively wavy. I wouldn't call it curly at all (her strands are huge y'all!)

My daddy has got 4 something hair. I got his hair, my sister got my mothers hair (except her kitchen which she relaxes once a year:perplexed ) My brothers are all 3 somethings because they have big curly hair.

-A

divya

My father's hair is probably a 2c, but it's sort of unique in its own way. My mother's hair is 4a/b. I'm a 3C but at times it seems like I have 4a - 2c in there depending on which part of my head...lol.

Studio_gal

My mum is 3b/c
Dad has very fine, extremely soft 4b
I have soft 4a/b on 90% of my head and 3/c looser curls in the nape areas.

My wash and go looks like an afro mullett!

cmw45

My dad is a 3c/4a and my mother is...well, I don't know because she's be straighting her hair for years with a hot comb and I am convinced that she's done a little damage to the hair...but techincally she is still natural so I'm happy about that...I'd probably guess she is a 4a maybe 4b. I'm a 4a with a little 3c thrown in on the top.

MissFallon

My mother has 2c hair. It has a slight wave but no real curl. My dad is a 2A with a very slight wave and no curl at all. I have 3B hair but I always found it strange because its different from my parents. My grandmother was more of a 3A and grandfather a 4A so maybe it skipped a generation.

Kalani

My moms hair is 2A. Its very thick so she keeps it around shoulder length even though it can grow to waist length in a minute. :lol: She use to wear it long but it was too heavy for her to wear pulled back so she keeps it shorter.

My father I think is like 4a or 4b?

I'm like a 3c with some 4a mixed in. My little brother is the craziest story! He was born with like 1b hair and stayed that way until puberty then it suddenly curled up! Now its like 3a or 3b? Hard to say cause he keeps it short but its the craziest thing. I didn't know hair could change texture like that.

RainbowCurls

My mum is a 2-something (she wears hair hair straight so I can't tell exactly).
My dad is a 4a/b

I'm a 3b/c, in the middle.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
dad 4a
mom 4a super wiry supa nappy
me 4a/b but i think i used to be a 4a-3c when i was little b4 a horrible
scalp fungus that made me bald, it grew back a whole new texture

Faith

My dad is a dry 4b and thick and my mom is a very soft 4a and fine.
I got 4b in the back which is kinda/sort of soft (lol) and 4a in the front which is dry. It's medium thick...but fine. I wish I got my mom's very soft hair all over...sigh.
My sister has 4b/4a and it's VERY thick and not dry but not soft like mom's either.

Last edited:

Carla From VA

My fathers hair is 4A, relaxed and past shoulder length (mid life crisis)
My mothers hair is 4B, very coarse and wiry.
My hair is in between those textures. Parts of it are 4B, like in the front and crown, and the back is 4A.

My DHs hair is 4A, and our daughters hair is like a 3C. Nothing like our hair, it has big curls in it. His parents are both 4Bs.

Folks will look at her hair, then look at us, then here comes, where'd she get the hair from?