YUM...CARAMEL

HAVE YOU USED THE CARAMEL TREATMENT

• Total voters

Lucky's Mom

I cheated when I made my caramel treatment. I went to Wal mart and purchased T. Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Apple Dip and mixed it with a tsp of ACV, bananas from the jar (Wal Mart brand) and a teaspoon of olive oil and it worked just like the original Etae itself. I could kick myself for paying $15-$17 per bottle of the Etae when I could get the caramel and the other basic ingredients from Wal Mart all under 5 bucks! Now I know better:grin::grin:

Caramel Apple Dip?:perplexed

This treatment does not contain caramel.

Melissa-jane

I am preparing this treatment but I wanted to know what the individual ingredients did first, Molasses is much stickier than honey so it really pulls the strands straight whilst imparting moisture. It works on its own but I really can't wait to try the whole treatment, my curls are already much easier to stretch straight.

Aggie

Recipe

never measure - but here are the ingredients in terms of apperance in the product ( hey, we think...)...

Honey 1/2 cup
olive oil 1/4 cup
overripe banana - 1
molasses 1/8 cup
Xathan Gum - Sprinkle
acv -squirt
Wheat germ oil - 1 tsps

Blend With a Blender ( puree )until creamy.....

Apply to your hair with an applicator Brush as if you are applying a relaxer....

Wrap Hair in plastic and keep it one hour or overnight.

Thnaks for sharing your recipe LM. Subscribing...

suburbanbushbabe

I cheated when I made my caramel treatment. I went to Wal mart and purchased T. Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Apple Dip and mixed it with a tsp of ACV, bananas from the jar (Wal Mart brand) and a teaspoon of olive oil and it worked just like the original Etae itself. I could kick myself for paying $15-$17 per bottle of the Etae when I could get the caramel and the other basic ingredients from Wal Mart all under 5 bucks! Now I know better:grin::grin:
T. Marzetti ingredients: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP,
SKIM MILK, CORN SYRUP, PALM
OIL, SUGAR, BUTTER ( CREAM,
SALT), MODIFED CORN STARCH,
MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES,
DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, SALT,
POTASSIUM SORBATE
(PRESERVATIVE),TBHQ (ADDED TO
MAINTAIN FRESHNESS),
ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS.
CONTAINS: MILK

Caution if you are using this treatment with heat: Sugars (honey, corn syrup, molasses, etc.) can get very, very, very hot and not only burn the hair but burn the scalp. So be careful if you are using this treatment under a dryer. If using heat, better to use it under a heat cap or a steamer (cool) or a warm wet towel.

nikki2229

I used a similar version from the diva smooth thread 2 weeks ago and my hair felt great.
I would definitely use it once a month.

Neek-a-Nator

I must be the only person that HATED this sticky stuff. The Etae salon is here in Philly and I went there some years back and bought the product before they begain to outsource it to stores. I disliked it so much that I couldnt bear to use the entire bottle. It did absolutely nothing for my hair.

Platinum

I made a similiar mix this morning but I added yogurt, and powdered buttermilk.I also used banana baby food and more molasses since I didnt have any honey. I hope this turns out okay.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I was excited to try it, based on the recipe posted but, it was just ok. My hair felt strong, I'll say that but...it was...ok *shrugs*. :ohwell: I wanted to really like it because it sounds decadent. Ah well...

Daina

I have the E'tae brand and I found it to be just meh...my sister raved about it which is why I tried it. I then found out it loosens the curl which is not something I'm interested in. I didn't think it moisturized or strengthened all that well. I was able to bless my sister with the rest of the bottle. I also found it sticky and a pain to work with.