Has Caramel Treatment made your natural rollerset last longer?

Misshairdiva

Last week I did a caramel treatment for the first time, yes my hair was soft but I can not believe I'm going on week two, my hair is natural no relaxers since 2008 and my hair has not reverted at all. The only thing I changed in my regi was the caramel treatment. Has anyone seen this that the caramel treatment stopped reversion? By now on week number two my hair would start to revert because of the weather and that hasn't happened.

Allandra

Last week I did a caramel treatment for the first time, yes my hair was soft but I can not believe I'm going on week two, my hair is natural no relaxers since 2008 and my hair has not reverted at all. The only thing I changed in my regi was the caramel treatment. Has anyone seen this that the caramel treatment stopped reversion? By now on week number two my hair would start to revert because of the weather and that hasn't happened.

Misshairdiva

I haven't done a caramel treatment (whatever that is), but my roller sets never revert (until wash day) during the winter / cooler months. I wonder how it would work for you in the summer / warmer months (that may be your true test).

Misshairdiva

You can Google it. Its a mixture of olive oil, honey, molases, banana baby food and acv a little bit of water. You blend it then cook it to a thick texture, let it cool off and put it on your hair. I let it stay on for about thirty minutes, rinse with hot water then deep condition.

ajargon02

You can Google it. Its a mixture of olive oil, honey, molases, banana baby food and acv a little bit of water. You blend it then cook it to a thick texture, let it cool off and put it on your hair. I let it stay on for about thirty minutes, rinse with hot water then deep condition.

We have a thread on it somewhere. If I find it, I will post it.

Lisa

Thanks I'm going to try this! I have an old banana all I need is some molasses.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Be careful with using a real banana. Don't want you to be picking rotted banana pieces from your hair days later after you've rinsed it out :(

I've never tried using banana on my hair but I've heard of some horror stories where folks could not get all of the pieces out of their hair and the leftovers went rancid in their hair :/