Those who use the caramel treatment

araceli2418

I'd like to ask a few questions from those that use the caramel treatment whether you use it just to stretch or use it in place of relaxers?

After you flat iron and your hair is straight, do you have to continue to flat iron everyday to keep the straight look?

What heat protectant do you use?

Do you continue to wash everyday since using the treatment?

Anything else you care to add to this will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

JustKiya

I use the caramel treatment, but only for the moisture. I don't straighten my hair, so I can't help with any of your other questions. I don't know if anyone is using it to help extend a stretch - have you searched old threads to see if anyone mentioned using it that way? You might be able to PM them and get a quicker answer.

Good luck!

Dposh167

u cant use caramel in place of relaxers cuz it doesnt permanently straighten hair. It is used for added moisture and-or to straighten hair easier. But yes..i do use this to help stretch to add moisture to ng...and if i want to straighten my ng easily.......no i dont have to keep flat ironing to maintain it str8...i just wrap it until my next wash....no it doesnt change my washing schedule. I wash as normal. But if im gonna do the treatment mainly for straightening, im gonna take advantage of it and keep it straight all week. I wont cowash the next day or something like that.....the heat protectant i use is redken heat glide........oh yea..i have a whole album dedicated to this treatment in my fotki...feel free

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Caramel is just a moisture treatment for me.

I guess I could use it if I were to straighten my hair....
But moisture and suppleness is its main purpose - not for straightening.

I am a natural - and I only flat iron 4 times a year.

araceli2418

Thanks a lot, ladies. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Poochie, checked out your fotki. Thanks so much.