100% black women with long hair and people think shes mixed video

I had no plans of posting in this thread at all, but I had a thought about Jenna. What if her brother's daddy (I'm assuming the white man she referred to) ain't her daddy at all and her mother just never told her :look:? Just the thought of the potential irony is hilarious to me. Tis all.

yup, makes u think.

This is based on the American census. North Africans, Middle Easterns, etc. are considered Caucasian. I'm not sure about East Africans, but I do know that African-American only refers to those of Saharan descent

The American census is garbage though. It's full of ignorance about the world in general...

I had no plans of posting in this thread at all, but I had a thought about Jenna. What if her brother's daddy (I'm assuming the white man she referred to) ain't her daddy at all and her mother just never told her :look:? Just the thought of the potential irony is hilarious to me. Tis all.

That would be hysterical! :grin: I was actually thinking the same thing.

Regarding the first and second ladies in the video (did not watch all the video) I notice that when some mixed race people hate a part of who they are, whether it is the black or the white side it is usually because of some pain they have experienced.

Last edited:
I think Tyra's show is turning more of a Ricky Lake show. There's really no substance to any of the topics, its more like she's searching for controversial things that will give her the ratings she wants. I would rather watch Oprah. Then again I'm sure Tyra is targeting a different audience and age range anyway.

Yeah, the uneducated and the unemployed...

So, let me get this straight... According to some of the previous posters, you can not possibly be "100% black" and have light skin, and long or curly hair. You must be mixed with something, even if your mom is all black (lets say her mom and dad were black) and your dad is all black ( his mom and dad were both black). So it would also be true that Dark skin and kinky hair = Black.

Question what if that same girl had dark skin and kinky hair but both mom and dad were mixed-I know someone like this. What of the "white" woman, she looks completely white; who's mom and dad are both mixed? Genetics ARE very random, and they set the code for skin, hair, how we sound and more, genetics can also carry alterations/defects and small nuances that have NOTHING to do with the race that it appears to represent, genetics/genes can also be pulled in from 220 years ago through your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandma, who was a black slave woman and every generation after that was white; a very real and historic scenario (assuming every generation represents 20 yrs) that's 220 years ago he had a black ancestor, does that make him black? That is an example of just how random our gene pools can be, a part of God's divine Wisdom. More food for thought we all came from 1 .

I hope in 2009 we open our minds and understand; come to grips with race, and the wide variety that we come packaged as. Chocolate comes in MANY varieties, it's still considered "a chocolate".

sorry for the rant...:look: no I'm not :yawn:

BC

Because other people who feel they have nothing to claim get offended. How dare you be proud of everything you are:spank:
I actually am starting to believe that is what is boils down to as well.

The American census is garbage though. It's full of ignorance about the world in general...
Well I had my admixture (DNA)exam done and found out the percentage of Euro/Caucasian. The test indeed included modern Europeans, the Middle East, and South Asia all under one "genetic marker". If you have enough of that blood they could break it down further by region(for example Western European versus Indian).I said that to say this, when they were testing my DNA the makers for that vast region were the same. You have mentioned your mix on this board and if you were to take the test you would indeed score high on the "euro/caucasian" section being that your father is East Indian. I think that is the point that OldCrayons was trying to make, that they are basing it off of "something".

Such a sad topic...race is a social construct and yet, we cling to these definitions of who we are like they're really important in the scheme of things. And to see blacks in America be the supporters of the one drop rule in 2008 is...well, disappointing to say the least.

Most people typically identify culturally vs. via skin color. Dominicans have a commonality as do Italians and Cubans,etc, but none of these identifications are a biological race. Korean and Chinese are Asian, but what divides them is culture. The same thing holds true with black people around the world.

It's just not that difficult.

Am sorry but your statement about not knowing "ANY" blacks in america who aint mixed is rubbish!, Am from the UK and I notice that blacks in america who think like you are really insecure and still are in mental slavery,you try EVERYTHING to distance yourself from being african and black, why EVERY black american i meet have 'indian" in there family LOL! by the way when exactly did you all get the chance to mix with thease indians since 99% of them got wiped out, damn anything to get that "good" hair right ? smdh.
And the funny thing is its always the ones who hair is clearly african claiming indian :lachen:
Just embrace what you have an LOVE yourself!
and how can race NOT be biological?? are you feeling alright?

And to my secure sisters who know who there are and are free, this aint for you, just who ever the cap fits.

Just look at it this way: the one who didn't distance himself from Africa or claim he has "Indian" blood will be sitting in the White House come january 20th...;-)

Just look at it this way: the one who didn't distance himself from Africa or claim he has "Indian" blood will be sitting in the White House come january 20th...;-)
Oh you mean our obviously half white president who ran commercials of his mother and grandmother non stop....:lachen::lachen:

I'll let you tell it
Let this country tell it like it has been for the last 400 years, Barack's story is not new and its the same one that has been played out time again.When a blue black nonmixed brother from the continent becomes president of the United States, holla back at me. Until then yall can keep on wishing Africa got him into the white house if that makes you sleep better at night, or makes you feel superior to AAs with "indian in them".

Let this country tell it like it has been for the last 400 years, Barack's story is not new and its the same one that has been played out time again.When a blue black nonmixed brother from the continent becomes president of the United States, holla back at me. Until then yall can keep on wishing Africa got him into the white house if that makes you sleep better at night, or makes you feel superior to AAs with "indian in them".

I thought he was the first black president...my bad:perplexed and most African countries are having trouble electing presidents in their own country so I doubt they got Barack into the White House

I actually am starting to believe that is what is boils down to as well.

Well I had my admixture (DNA)exam done and found out the percentage of Euro/Caucasian. The test indeed included modern Europeans, the Middle East, and South Asia all under one "genetic marker". If you have enough of that blood they could break it down further by region(for example Western European versus Indian).I said that to say this, when they were testing my DNA the makers for that vast region were the same. You have mentioned your mix on this board and if you were to take the test you would indeed score high on the "euro/caucasian" section being that your father is East Indian. I think that is the point that OldCrayons was trying to make, that they are basing it off of "something".

Yes, I understand their basis. That is exactly the typing system that to me is backwards and suited to Western Europeans. Western European scientists are the ones who decided to classify peoples as they desired. Caucasian is a term that originally refers to a particular group, but since Western European scientists found them beautiful, they decided to make the term inclusive to themselves and other cultures they desired to claim.

However, it changes when it suit Western Europeans and particularly in this case, White Americans. East Indians for example are "Caucasian" under the racial classification for the most part. Yet when it comes to the U.S. the "white/Caucasian" terms somehow conveniently does not apply. :lachen: Ask my father, he nor his origin is Caucasian.

That's why I say that the American census is garbage because I know far too much about what it is based on and how it is conveniently altered. Overall, it's straight ignorance. But that's just my view... :yep:

Last edited:
I think the "if she has long hair she must be mixed" stereotype will go away once more black women learn how to care for their hair. Most black women I know have short hair because they relaxed it too often. I think that the more knowledge and style options we discover the more short hair will be a choice and not "it fell out from chemical processes."

We'll start seeing more black women with long hair and of course they can't all be mixed so.

I'm sorry but i'm beginning to feel strange on this forum. I'm not African American, i'm black British of African descent. When I first found the forum, it was great, I was comfortable to just communicate with other black women about issues that concern US but lately i've been noticing some 'anti-Africanism' (for lack of a better word). I guess it's perhaps an African American thing, for example, when I watched the mini documentary 'A girl like me', one of the girls that went natural's mother said something to the effect of don't do that, u're starting to look African! It seems like a strong will to disconnect from Africa/Africans and as both my parents are African - directly, it makes me feel funny.

I have nothing against people claiming all of their heritage, I think if it's done out of pride rather than rejection, it's great, it's always interesting to know such things. However, when the mix is unknown,and saying well all AA's are mixed somehow so none of us is really actually 100% black somehow sounds like a bit of a rejection to me. If AA's are mixing, they must be mixing with other people and I don't know anyother race for example white that would say well, i'm mixed with black/ anything else for that matter when looking predominantly white. I guess it has to be done to fit in, I don't know.

African's are a diverse people ... even West Africans. We're not all stereotypical. e.g.

**Pictures removed**

(pics would be going down soon as they're family member's and might not appreciate having their pics on a public site) (that's not their hair btw)

They don't look stereotypically west African black but there's been no mixing in my family as far as we know. Where my mum is from, they tend to be very light skinned. Rumour has it that during colonization, they mixed more with the white people, who knows! One of ther major groups in the Country, although dark skinned, have very pointy slender features, straight noses, e.t.c. ... rumour has it they mixed with the Arabs because the North of the Country is close and they share the same religion, who knows! No one actually cares.

Last edited:
You know I understand you! When I was in Morocco there was no such thing as putting people in category. Because wether your light skin, dark skin, mixed looking or white your moroccan. It wasnt THAT important as it is in North America. I dont know how it is in the UK but in Canada and the U.S. society is setup the way it is. Theres nothing to be done about it! Just be who you are and proud of who you are!!! Who gives a flying f... what others thinks. There will always be insecured people that want to claim or deny whatever they want to claim or deny to make themselves feel better or for whatever the reason ...but at the end of the day ...as long as youre happy in your shoes and you stay true to yourself why bother!

I'm sorry but i'm beginning to feel strange on this forum. I'm not African American, i'm black British of African descent. When I first found the forum, it was great, I was comfortable to just communicate with other black women about issues that concern US but lately i've been noticing some 'anti-Africanism' (for lack of a better word). I guess it's perhaps an African American thing, for example, when I watched the mini documentary 'A girl like me', one of the girls that went natural's mother said something to the effect of don't do that, u're starting to look African! It seems like a strong will to disconnect from Africa/Africans and as both my parents are African - directly, it makes me feel funny.

I have nothing against people claiming all of their heritage, I think if it's done out of pride rather than rejection, it's great, it's always interesting to know such things. However, when the mix is unknown,and saying well all AA's are mixed somehow so none of us is really actually 100% black somehow sounds like a bit of a rejection to me. If AA's are mixing, they must be mixing with other people and I don't know anyother race for example white that would say well, i'm mixed with black/ anything else for that matter when looking predominantly white. I guess it has to be done to fit in, I don't know.

African's are a diverse people ... even West Africans. We're not all stereotypical. e.g.

View attachment 21203

View attachment 21205

(pics would be going down soon as they're family member's and might not appreciate having their pics on a public site) (that's not their hair btw)

They don't look stereotypically west African black but there's been no mixing in my family as far as we know. Where my mum is from, they tend to be very light skinned. Rumour has it that during colonization, they mixed more with the white people, who knows! One of ther major groups in the Country, although dark skinned, have very pointy slender features, straight noses, e.t.c. ... rumour has it they mixed with the Arabs because the North of the Country is close and they share the same religion, who knows! No one actually cares.

There is nothing wrong with being 100% black.

There is nothing wrong with being mixed.

Whatever you are, I think you should claim it, but I can't make you that, and whatever you call yourself is fine with me.

I LOVE YOUR SIGGYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with being 100% black.

There is nothing wrong with being mixed.

Whatever you are, I think you should claim it, but I can't make you that, and whatever you call yourself is fine with me.

You know I understand you! When I was in Morocco there was no such thing as putting people in category. Because wether your light skin, dark skin, mixed looking or white your moroccan. It wasnt THAT important as it is in North America. I dont know how it is in the UK but in Canada and the U.S. society is setup the way it is. Theres nothing to be done about it! Just be who you are and proud of who you are!!! Who gives a flying f... what others thinks. There will always be insecured people that want to claim or deny whatever they want to claim or deny to make themselves feel better or for whatever the reason ...but at the end of the day ...as long as youre happy in your shoes and you stay true to yourself why bother!

I'm proud of who I am and very very comfortable in my skin. I am human though and can't help but feel strange/funny on the inside when I perceive certain things.

In the UK, black people identify as black, and mixed people usually 'mixed-race', which is great. Mixed-race people though are directly mixed : mum and dad of different races. I guess that's categorizing too. I think we're all happy and proud being whatever we are/ however we choose to identify really and no one really reaches far into their bloodline for any reason (as far as I know anyway)

View attachment 21203

View attachment 21205

I think you kind of made everyone's point that said we are all mixed with examples of your family, thats what they mean, just like you just explained with your family ,not out of shame, just an explanation

whats making you feel strange on the forum?

if you werent 'anti-africanism' by going down your family tree, then how are others on the forum when they do the same?

Topsturvy86, don't feel bad and trust me there's no Anti-Africanism here.

I think that living on this side of the planet is entirely different. You'd have to live here to understand what we're talking about. My family from Africa was brought here against their will and I will probably never know who they were. I'm not interested in knowing who my family from Spain was, I probably wouldn't be able to find out anyway. Race is always a controversial topic here.

Back