100% black women with long hair and people think shes mixed video

he claimed all of him which negates your whole first point

man this is deep:perplexed

This is what I said: Just look at it this way: the one who didn't distance himself from Africa or claim he has "Indian" blood will be sitting in the White House come january 20th...;-) and I stand by it. Barack Hussein Obama is half African and half white, being African I'm supa dupa proud of him, and when he goes to visit Africa after he takes office you'll notice I'm not the only one ;-)

This is what I said: Just look at it this way: the one who didn't distance himself from Africa or claim he has "Indian" blood will be sitting in the White House come january 20th...;-) and I stand by it. Barack Hussein Obama is half African and half white, being African I'm supa dupa proud of him, and when he goes to visit Africa after he takes office you'll notice I'm not the only one ;-)

ok I was with you all the way till the end of your post:ohwell:

I dont get the major hang ups with this indian thing

maybe he didnt claim it because he has none. how is he more black because he has no indian blood, but has a white mother?

what if he did have indian in him? and claimed it? are you saying you would be less proud if so?

Topsturvy86, don't feel bad and trust me there's no Anti-Africanism here.

I think that living on this side of the planet is entirely different. You'd have to live here to understand what we're talking about. My family from Africa was brought here against their will and I will probably never know who they were. I'm not interested in knowing who my family from Spain was, I probably wouldn't be able to find out anyway. Race is always a controversial topic here.

yeah, there really is no anti anything going on

if anything we just have major issues with this stuff

I dont know , I'm mostly just at a loss at this point with most of it anyway

ok I was with you all the way till the end of your post:ohwell:

I dont get the major hang ups with this indian thing

maybe he didnt claim it because he has none. how is he more black because he has no indian blood, but has a white mother?

what if he did have indian in him? and claimed it? are you saying you would be less proud if so?

I've said all I had to say, I won't be filling in this questionnaire.

I'm sorry but i'm beginning to feel strange on this forum. I'm not African American, i'm black British of African descent. When I first found the forum, it was great, I was comfortable to just communicate with other black women about issues that concern US but lately i've been noticing some 'anti-Africanism' (for lack of a better word). I guess it's perhaps an African American thing, for example, when I watched the mini documentary 'A girl like me', one of the girls that went natural's mother said something to the effect of don't do that, u're starting to look African! It seems like a strong will to disconnect from Africa/Africans and as both my parents are African - directly, it makes me feel funny.

I have nothing against people claiming all of their heritage, I think if it's done out of pride rather than rejection, it's great, it's always interesting to know such things. However, when the mix is unknown,and saying well all AA's are mixed somehow so none of us is really actually 100% black somehow sounds like a bit of a rejection to me. If AA's are mixing, they must be mixing with other people and I don't know anyother race for example white that would say well, i'm mixed with black/ anything else for that matter when looking predominantly white. I guess it has to be done to fit in, I don't know.

As another poster stated this goes back hundreds of years and you have to live here to understand it. Heck I was born an raised in the States and some of it I still don't understand. I have refrained from posting about this topic, but I will make a comment to the bolded.

What you said it's true. Many black Americans are hesitant to be associated with Africa. But most of us are the decendants of slaves. We have been ripped from the land and don't know what land that was. Africa, of course, but that is a continent.

You have the luxury of knowing where your family came from directly. Something alot of us wish we had. There is a lot of pain behind what many folks say. I take everything with a grain of salt...

Even if a person does have something wayyyy down their line, who would even go into that? I know i say that i'm black and not mixed. I know that my great grand mother was a Seminole indian, but why would i tell people that? .

I'm just jumping into the discussion from this point so my response is not totally in response to your post. In my case, I'd tell someone who would probably be asking what my interest in pow wows is and why I'm there. There are some of us who were BORN into Indian Nations...mixed red/white/black/yellow...whose family still lives there and whose folks still speak the language. It's a cultural thing for some of us.

Yes, I do think that there are some people who try to "escape" themselves but my take on it might be different. There are those of us who escape to "African American" and try to be that which they are not...either to avoid being taken as hateful against blacks or just that they are ashamed of being from that which they are from. African Americans have it a lot easier and if you look the part, some escape. Whites have it the easiest and if you are a whiter Indian and ashamed of your heritage...bingo. It's not always that mixed people hate the Black in them. There are often many other factors. And I do agree that "mixed" doesn't mean "good" hair. Countless Africans have long hair, even straight and they are pure Africans.

I'm sorry but i'm beginning to feel strange on this forum. I'm not African American, i'm black British of African descent. When I first found the forum, it was great, I was comfortable to just communicate with other black women about issues that concern US but lately i've been noticing some 'anti-Africanism' (for lack of a better word). I guess it's perhaps an African American thing, .

You have my heart. Unfortunately, it's not an African American thing and it's far worse in the Caribbean, Central and South America. It's bad in the Middle East and in Asia. It's a world thing and it sux. I love you, though.

Oh and I think that first black girl has lost her ever loving mind.

I can understand the black and Puerto Rican girl because she technically doesn't know her other side, but she is wrong to put all Puerto Ricans/Latinos into one box.

I too would wonder whether or not the black lady with the long curly hair was mixed or not. I would never ask her out loud, but I would wonder. The middle girl definitely looked black and the woman on the end did too. I think her straight hair throws people off.

This show was interesting. Lmao at the Korean and Chinese chicks.

I think the first black girl is out of her cotton picking mind.

I'm just jumping into the discussion from this point so my response is not totally in response to your post. In my case, I'd tell someone who would probably be asking what my interest in pow wows is and why I'm there. There are some of us who were BORN into Indian Nations...mixed red/white/black/yellow...whose family still lives there and whose folks still speak the language. It's a cultural thing for some of us.

Yes, I do think that there are some people who try to "escape" themselves but my take on it might be different. There are those of us who escape to "African American" and try to be that which they are not...either to avoid being taken as hateful against blacks or just that they are ashamed of being from that which they are from. African Americans have it a lot easier and if you look the part, some escape. Whites have it the easiest and if you are a whiter Indian and ashamed of your heritage...bingo. It's not always that mixed people hate the Black in them. There are often many other factors. And I do agree that "mixed" doesn't mean "good" hair. Countless Africans have long hair, even straight and they are pure Africans.
I can agree with that. I'm not denying that some people do it purposely, but for some, it isn't that deep. When i said that i wouldn't mention the N.A. race, i say that because I'm less than 1/4 so to me, i see no reason to do so. Some people do have issues with other parts of their race and i do find that sad. But again, if i had to break it down, of course i would try and discover all of what me who I am, but right off, I say that i'm black because i am. I don't feel that people should deny who they are because of shame.

I think you kind of made everyone's point that said we are all mixed with examples of your family, thats what they mean, just like you just explained with your family ,not out of shame, just an explanation

whats making you feel strange on the forum?

if you werent 'anti-africanism' by going down your family tree, then how are others on the forum when they do the same?

It's very late here and i'm tired so plz overlook any spelling mistakes/overrunning sentences. I've been trying to sleep for agez but not happening so have given up and decided to come back online. Anyway, to the point. As I said earlier, i'm not mixed, i'm black. I wasn't trying to explain my heritage. Perhaps there was some mixing somewhere long time ago in my family but not that I know of directly so doesn't count to me. It actually means nothing to me that perhaps I might have some distant European blood in me.

I think you define people being mixed as somewhere in your bloodline ... somewhere .... then a lot of the population of the world are infact mixed - which I actually suspect but that's a topic for another day

There is nothing wrong with being 100% black.

There is nothing wrong with being mixed.

Whatever you are, I think you should claim it, but I can't make you that, and whatever you call yourself is fine with me.

No one's saying there's anything wrong with being anything. If that was in response to my post, I think you completely missed my point and you might want to re-read my post.

Last edited:
You have my heart. Unfortunately, it's not an African American thing and it's far worse in the Caribbean, Central and South America. It's bad in the Middle East and in Asia. It's a world thing and it sux. I love you, though.

I'm not sad or distressed or anything :grin: but thanks anyway :)

And no, it's not a world thing - not my side of the world anyway. The majority of black people here in the UK are of Caribbean descent (usualy Jamaican I think) and they're strong, proud black people. I never feel any negativity from them at all. Our difference in origin doesn't make much of a difference, we're all one people and often relate assuch. It might be different in the Carribean though, I don't know as i've never been.

Middle Easterners and South Asians ... I don't get any negativity from them. We don't have that many of the other Asians .. Chinese, Japanese, Koreans. The Chinese i've met are fantastic though.

(I hope i've not mis-read you?)

It's very late here and i'm tired so plz overlook any spelling mistakes/overrunning sentences. I've been trying to sleep for agez but not happening so have given up and decided to come back online. Anyway, to the point. As I said earlier, i'm not mixed, i'm black. I wasn't trying to explain my heritage. Perhaps there was some mixing somewhere long time ago in my family but not that I know of directly so doesn't count to me. It actually means nothing to me that perhaps I might have some distant European blood in me.

I think you define people being mixed as somewhere in your bloodline ... somewhere .... then a lot of the population of the world are infact mixed - which I actually suspect but that's a topic for another day

I dont know I am first generation mixed and claim all of me , so this thread just has me lost at all the issues I see in it at this point, mabye I shouldnt be trying to grasp it all, I'm shocked at this point at all the issues and hang ups thats all I know

I dont get it

I just dont

I think it depends on each individual, as to whats in their heart (shame or pride) over what they claim and why , and what their motives are in doing so

I dont know I am first generation mixed and claim all of me , so this thread just has me lost at all the issues I see in it at this point, mabye I shouldnt be trying to grasp it all, I'm shocked at this point at all the issues and hang ups thats all I know

I dont get it

I just dont

I think it depends on each individual, as to whats in their heart (shame or pride) over what they claim and why , and what their motives are in doing so

And so you should! That's what makes you, you. You have very lovely hair btw :yep:

I wouldn't be so quick to say that...

There is an embracing of African-derived culture/s than second to none in the Caribbean, Central and South America. It just depends on the individual.

I have a friend whose half white, half Mexican but she only claims one side and says she spanish. Though, she's a white girl all over for the most part.

I just watched the entire video and all I can muster is I pray that we as sisters of the human race....black,white,mixed,mexican,chinese whatever...learn to LOVE OURSELVES AND EACHOTHER. I have never nor will I ever play the part of a victim because of my race,gender,class,religion etc. Sorry ya'll this vid made me all sensitive. God Bless.

Back