14g Gelatine = Thicker Stands

How do MSM and gelatin compare/differ? Anybody know?

Not sure cuz though ive taken msm for many yrs in pill form (nearly 9 yrs), ive never taken just pure gelatin in pill form. I will be soon, though. Then after a bit I wll come back and share what I see by taking the two. Maybe some of the other ladies can share xperiences.

Not sure cuz though ive taken msm for many yrs in pill form (nearly 9 yrs), ive never taken just pure gelatin in pill form. I will be soon, though. Then after a bit I wll come back and share what I see by taking the two. Maybe some of the other ladies can share xperiences.

They're both joint supplements and I would imagine they do the same thing. I'm going to take the Spring Valley brand from Walmart for a couple of months and see what happens. I could use thicker strands.

Anymore updates, Also if it thickens the hair strands would a person with fine hair have to cut off all fine strands to be able to have the same strands size thoughout the head?

I am friends with a couple( the man is white, the woman is Mexican).

I asked the wife if jello is a stable in Mexican household. She said, yes, they eat it every day in her house. Then, the husband told me that he grew hair on the top of his previously bald head since marrying his wife. He eats a package of jello a day.

Great thread. I am going to try this. I was just saying I need to replace my "snacks" with something healthier. Tastes Good and hair growth-- can't beat it. I'm going to add fruit cocktail to mine though :look:

I am friends with a couple( the man is white, the woman is Mexican).

I asked the wife if jello is a stable in Mexican household. She said, yes, they eat it every day in her house. Then, the husband told me that he grew hair on the top of his previously bald head since marrying his wife. He eats a package of jello a day.

All the Mexican shops sell homemade gelatin parfaits around here. Some with milk and some without and some mixed. They are so pretty and tasty... But it's like three servings in one glass.

MonaRae I second Agar. It's tasty and it sets up faster than Jello (room temp). They are available at Asian markets. Be careful, some brands have gelatin in it also.

Last edited:
Really?? :shocked: It just sounds...um, unappetizing.

Chicken feet soup is mostly collagen. I'm guessing the benefits should be close to those you get from gelatine. As for unappetizing, well, cant say much about that :lol: there're some pretty good recipes if you google.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

I just bought the Knox brand. Came home made some Peppermint Tea and mixed it in. Cant taste a thing. I will keep this up for a while and see what happens. I already have thick hair, so I am wondering how this is gonna wind up, lol

The gelatin can also be added into your products for added protein. Or one can make their own...much safer than using eggs (can carry harmful bacteria). It's strong protein though (hydrolyzed collagen) so it's great for protein-craving hair.

Aside from Jell-O, gummy candies and marshmallows contain gelatin I think.

I just read through this whole thread. I have never heard of this before but I would love thicker hair! I've always wanted it. Any update, ladies? I'm thinking about jumping on this bandwagon. :)

I did the gelatin protein treatment Sunday with:
1 7 gram package Knox gelatine
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup conditioner
-Mixed the pkg with boiling water then added conditioner.
-Applied to freshly washed & clarified hair
-Sat under dryer for 1/2 Hr.
My hair felt nice afterwards, but I'll either do 1 pkg with 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup conditioner or add 2 pkgs to 1/2 cup water & conditioner to make it stronger.

I used to take a hair vit with extra gelatin in it and used a nail polish with gelatin and I can attest that it is very good for thickening and strengthening hair and nails. I will start adding some gelatin powder to my ayurvedic treatments and conditioners. I would also like to take some in pill form.

This coupled with taking silica should yield good results. Thanks yall for bumping this oldazz thread, lol. I'd forgotten abt using gelatin. I need to consistently note these types of things in my hair journal!

Hello, did you ever end up adding gelatin to your ayurvedic treatments and conditioners? If so what was your recipe ...and what were the results?:look:

I plan to start taking gelatin regularly to increase thickness. My mother would buy knox gelatin and make each of the girls drink 1/2 of the drink, every other day. There were 3 girls and my Mom - so we only used two packets. We were not of means so we could not afford for everyone to have their own packet. But our nails and hair were thick and long. Someone posted about another gelatin this year - but I believe it was a beef gelatin. I don't want that one -

Any recommendations for good brands of gelatin?

I plan to start taking gelatin regularly to increase thickness. My mother would buy knox gelatin and make each of the girls drink 1/2 of the drink, every other day. There were 3 girls and my Mom - so we only used two packets. We were not of means so we could not afford for everyone to have their own packet. But our nails and hair were thick and long. Someone posted about another gelatin this year - but I believe it was a beef gelatin. I don't want that one -

Any recommendations for good brands of gelatin?
I've read good things about Vital Proteins

It's so funny that this thread is popping back up. I've been taking hydrolyzed collagen for a while, and I claim it's my fountain of youth for my hair, skin, nails and joints!
I'm considering the gelatin again as well. There are so many good products to choose from now! I'm trying to make sure I understand the difference between gelatin and collagen.

I think I'll try this brand next which they say is easier on the digestion than straight gelatin. Great Lakes also sells straight gelatin:
Amazon link:
5172b7rE1%2BL.jpg

Wow! I remember coming across this thread before. I was just watching a video of YTer Babilon Kay doing a gelatin treatment and talking about how it has helped her hair. Im really gonna try it this time.

It's so funny that this thread is popping back up. I've been taking hydrolyzed collagen for a while, and I claim it's my fountain of youth for my hair, skin, nails and joints!
I'm considering the gelatin again as well. There are so many good products to choose from now! I'm trying to make sure I understand the difference between gelatin and collagen.

I think I'll try this brand next which they say is easier on the digestion than straight gelatin. Great Lakes also sells straight gelatin:
Amazon link:
5172b7rE1%2BL.jpg

I'm still a little confused about the difference between collagen and gelatin?

Back