14g Gelatine = Thicker Stands

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Is anyone still taking gelatin?

I've used the Knox in conditioner as a " Strong" Protein which worked nicely.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I'm willing to try this. Not making any new purchases for hair related stuff until next month though. In the meantime I will do more research

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I wouldn't eat gelatin due to its source, but per the below (read here: http://www.byrdie.com/how-to-make-hair-grow-faster/slide4), you can add the powder to 'poo or conditioner (which could still be absorbed thru the scalp but for me, it's less gross):

"Glycine and gelatin are amazing for hair growth, amongst biotin and protein from the diet," says Cristina. It may sound gross, but gelatin is a mixture of peptides and proteins from the collagen of animal bones and byproducts (hence, why it's commonly sold as beef gelatin, though it can also come from pigs and other mammals). Assuming you're not vegetarian or vegan, consuming gelatin isn't so different from eating animal meat itself, or making bone broth, for example. In fact, gelatin is used in foods like marshmallows, Jell-O, and gummy bears, so you've likely been consuming it without realizing it. But rather than upping your intake of candy, there's a healthier way to get it. "Adding gelatin powder to your shampoo and conditioner is one way to see great benefits, or adding gelatin powder to a cup of tea once a day can also help promote hair growth," says Cristina. It's generally recommended to stir gelatin into hot drinks, as the substance doesn't blend well into cold drinks."

Of course there's a YouTube video for a topical DIY treatment:

Last edited:

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Ok y'all. I told myself I would wait for results but yesterday I broke down and bought some gelatin and Jell-O mix. The prospect of thicker hair just makes this so tempting! I found this super easy recipe for gummy bears to try:

DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan until the mixture resembles playdough.
  2. Place the pan over low heat and stir until melted.
  3. Once completely melted, pour into plastic candy molds and place in freezer for 5 min.
  4. When very firm, remove from molds.
I just need to find some candy molds. I've been eating a lot of candy lately. :spank: So I'm going to make these with sugar free jello to be a healthy alternative. I will also be able to calculate how much gelatin is in each gummy. I cannot find that information anywhere online! If i supplement these along with my gummy vitamins that should be plenty of gelatin!:thought:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Were you able to try this out? If I can remember, I'll pick me up a box.

Sorry for not answering quicker.

Yes!. I like it. It doesn't taste like anything to me. I mix it with aloe Vera juice (highly recommend a no preservatives brand like Georges) and just a little organic pineapple juice for flavor.

nothidden

Sorry for not answering quicker.

Yes!. I like it. It doesn't taste like anything to me. I mix it with aloe Vera juice (highly recommend a no preservatives brand like Georges) and just a little organic pineapple juice for flavor.
No problem. Thx for the reply!

deborah11

@mzteaze I just recently bought the Great Lakes unflavored gelatin and Great Lakes Collagen
I brought this collagen a week ago but I am afraid to try it now. I have read reports on the internet that it causes acne breakout and I am having acne problems . I am afraid of taking the risk and possibly getting even more acne. Has anyone had problems with breakouts using this?

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Yay! @NaturallyBri87 . I actually tried this yesterday. Turns out your not supposed to use the sugar free jello. :drunk:so it didn't taste quite right. I'm confident this recipe will work though. The only thing I recommend is that you might have to add a little bit of water to the pot as you melt the gelatin to make sure it turns liquid-y enough to pour. (I did cut my measurements down by a third though so that might have affected things for me).

I think I am going to end up ordering those molds on Amazon.

nothidden

I brought this collagen a week ago but I am afraid to try it now. I have read reports on the internet that it causes acne breakout and I am having acne problems . I am afraid of taking the risk and possibly getting even more acne. Has anyone had problems with breakouts using this?
Look into adding it to your shampoo or conditioner instead.