2 Year Anniversary

inthepink

Hi Everyone! :)

I know it seems like I'm not around much these days but I've been lurking quite a bit. I've been trying not to think about my hair too much.

In a couple of weeks, it will be 2 years since my last relaxer. I flatironed my hair tonight to check my progress. My goal is to reach bra strap by the end of 2005. I'm happy to say that I am just about 1/2 inch away from my longest layer reaching bra strap. However, I do need about 1/2 inch to an inch trim which I will be getting in a few weeks.

I've taken a couple of pictures. Link and password are in my siggy.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I don't see the link or password in your siggy or profile, but I've had your album saved to my favorites on my computer! :grin: I just checked your hair out and posted a couple of comments! Your hair is gorgeous as it has always been! A great inspiration! It just makes me look forward to being natural. :yep:
By the way, how often do you use heat to straighten your hair?

vangrey

:bouncy: WOW!!! YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :bouncy:

you grew all that in two years? im speechless. do you take vitamins and what is your regimen.
TIA

eta: i see in your siggy you take vitamins. do you do that regularly and how much do you take everyday?

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Gone to check it out...Hairlove, place this around your website so we can click on it...

Last edited by a moderator:

inthepink

Oops. link and password are in the siggy now. Poohbear, I don't use heat very often. The last time was at the end of December and before that, beginning of October. So averaging about every 2-3 months.

inthepink

Shoot Bubln - I don't know all the new features and have no idea how to create the link. I've forgotten all the html I used to know.

inthepink

vangrey said:
:bouncy: WOW!!! YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :bouncy:
you grew all that in two years? im speechless. do you take vitamins and what is your regimen.
TIA
eta: i see in your siggy you take vitamins. do you do that regularly and how much do you take everyday?

Aww thank you vangrey. I used to take vitamins but I haven't really taken anything in about 2 months now. I've gotten lazy with them.
My regimen is pretty simple: I co wash everday and wear a ponytail. Lately, I've been doing a wash n' go a couple of times a week. My hair shrinks to just below my ears and everyone thinks I got a haircut!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Dangit!! I kept editing to show you and it did not show!! Okay, place this in front of your site and place this at the end and it will highlight it.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Oh my freaking goodness!! It STILL did not do it right? Okay, try this [url (with the bracket like this ] near the l, type in your website, then [/url with the bracket the end again. It won't let me do it without highlighting the link, as you can see in my last post.

BTW your hair is da bombisha!

ccd

WOW Hairlove! Your hair is lovely!!!!! really thick and shiny! CONGRAT!!!!!

You are going to be back at the length you were before you BC!!!! Wow! :yay: :yay: :notworthy

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I LOVE your hair. Your album is one of the main reasons I decided to transisiton after I joined the site. I tried to wait until I had enough hair for a pony tail but I was doing more damage than good trying to manage two textures so I finally BC'd. Thanx for sharing. Your album is always inspirational. What products are you finding work best with your hair now?

Hairlove I am so excited for your progress since becoming a natural. Your hair is beautiful. You know you're one of the reasons for my transition. The advice you gave me in the beginning was so much appreciated. Keep up the good work and happy 2 year anniversary soon! ! !

moda

hairlove said:
Hi Everyone! :)

I know it seems like I'm not around much these days but I've been lurking quite a bit. I've been trying not to think about my hair too much.

In a couple of weeks, it will be 2 years since my last relaxer. I flatironed my hair tonight to check my progress. My goal is to reach bra strap by the end of 2005. I'm happy to say that I am just about 1/2 inch away from my longest layer reaching bra strap. However, I do need about 1/2 inch to an inch trim which I will be getting in a few weeks.

I've taken a couple of pictures. Link and password are in my siggy.

Beautiful hair and great progress

Tai

Your hair is too beautiful for words. :notworthy Your growth rate is utterly amazing. I need to do what you're doing so I can hurry up and end my transition. You are such an inspiration to all of us, especially to those of us transitioning. Thanks for sharing your pics. :yep:

Jewell

Congrats...I'm too chicken to transition :lol: ...I don't want to lose the hair I've been blessed with being able to keep healthy. Muy bueno, Mami! Very Pretty Indeed!!!

carletta

great progress! :love: ok now........give up the goods on what ya doin new :poke: ! Ya know I gotta find out !!!!!!