20-21 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

snoop

Pre-poo
DIY conditioning shea butter + ayurvedic oil

Wash
Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder
Ayurvedic gloss (hibiscus, amla, brahmi, bhringraj, aloe vera powder, lavender powder)+ honey
Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
Herbal infused ACV

CurliDiva

Lessons learned during my first week of Chebe:
1) I applied way too much during the first application. My braids were packed which meant a muddy mess while wet and constant debris fallout once dry.
2) The earthy smell is easily masked with essential oil.
3) Oil (not water) helped to remove the excess product.
I'm excited for week two!

snoop

Inspired by your video I decided to make my first DC and I'm using oatmilk as a base. I woke up this morning thinking I should have used more conditioning agent. Anywho, I'm testing it now... under the heating cap. At the very least I'll come out smelling like watermelon candy.

Hair washing went really well. Afterwards, sealed with DIY ayurvedic oil.

NowIAmNappy

I also just tried an oatmeal and aloe deep conditioner @snoop and I love love loved my results
Also, to anyone curious about the oat gel, there was no residue left it my hair. I did spray my hair with rose water and oils as a refresher in my twists for two days before take down

snoop

I also just tried an oatmeal and aloe deep conditioner @snoop and I love love loved my results
Also, to anyone curious about the oat gel, there was no residue left it my hair. I did spray my hair with rose water and oils as a refresher in my twists for two days before take down

This looks so fluffy! Great job! I was thinking that next time I'd have to include sweet almond oil in my recipe since my hair loves it.

I have one question for you: I didn't make my gel first... I just did everything at once. Did you find that the reheated gel had a greater chance of burning because there was less water in it, when you reheated it after straining?

NowIAmNappy

This looks so fluffy! Great job! I was thinking that next time I'd have to include sweet almond oil in my recipe since my hair loves it.

I have one question for you: I didn't make my gel first... I just did everything at once. Did you find that the reheated gel had a greater chance of burning because there was less water in it, when you reheated it after straining?

Surprisingly it didn’t burn at all, I also had the aloe in there so that provided more moisture. I also didn’t make the oat gel so thick.