2009 is almost over and I have not been to the salon YET

zzirvingj

....not that I "have" to go but I just realized that I haven't been all year!

I'm all for DIY hair, but I am way overdue for a trim at least.

Since I've moved I just haven't found a new stylist and hadn't put in the time to look for one...I've been kinda scared cuz I don't know of any places in the area that do natural hair,,,,

BostonMaria

Your hair is thriving and looks beautiful, I say keep the momentum going! LOL
I will probably "treat" myself to the salon in December. If you're looking for a stylist at least you have time to look around or ask for a recommendation.

zzirvingj

Your hair is thriving and looks beautiful, I say keep the momentum going! LOL
I will probably "treat" myself to the salon in December. If you're looking for a stylist at least you have time to look around or ask for a recommendation.

Thanks! :grin:

The crazy thing is, I had a salon all picked out to get my hair done at! It's a Dominican salon, and I had gone there in person once to check it out. Everyone's hair looked nice, so I went back in last week (in person) to make an appointment.

Well, I pull up and there is a notice of eviction on the door!! :blush: :sad: :nono:

ladylibra_30

That's awesome that you've managed to be independent from hairdressers for all this time. Good luck finding a professional stylist!

locabouthair

So you're been pressing/flat ironing it yourself?

Thats good!

I havent been to the salon in 6 months. I'm trying to go a year like you!

zzirvingj

So you're been pressing/flat ironing it yourself?

Thats good!

I havent been to the salon in 6 months. I'm trying to go a year like you!

Yep, I've just been doing it myself. I had intentions of going several times but every time something happened and I ended up not going...

shunemite

Congratulations! Do what I do. Straighten your hair, then go to Supercuts or Smartstyles for a dry trim. It'll cost less than $20, $10 with a coupon from the paper. And they cut slowly and listen LISTEN to your wants. Last time I went, they actually cut less than I originally said, because it wasn't necessary. I was facing the mirror the entire time.

zzirvingj

Congratulations! Do what I do. Straighten your hair, then go to Supercuts or Smartstyles for a dry trim. It'll cost less than $20, $10 with a coupon from the paper. And they cut slowly and listen LISTEN to your wants. Last time I went, they actually cut less than I originally said, because it wasn't necessary. I was facing the mirror the entire time.

I "just" may end up doing this :yep:

Fine 4s

Zirv,

I was just thinking about you when responding to another post...
I hope your hair is still growing. You scared me with all that terminal length talk missy...

zzirvingj

Zirv,

I was just thinking about you when responding to another post...
I hope your hair is still growing. You scared me with all that terminal length talk missy...

Oh no! :blush:

I didn't mean to scare you! :nono: Yes, it is still growing :yep:

I can tell because I had it cut and it's back to around MBL..... (Now I still don't seem to make it PAST midback length, but we won't go there LOL!) :lachen:

janeemat

Good for you! Your hair is absolutely beautiful. I have not been since March when this stylist jacked up my hair and have no intentions of going no time soon. Thanks to her I became a do it diyer.