2010 Lose Minimal/No Hair While Detangling Challenge

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
@ Sheryl do you think the garlic powder is helping you with shedding? If so what type of garlic powder are you using.

SherylsTresses

@ Sheryl do you think the garlic powder is helping you with shedding? If so what type of garlic powder are you using.

:hiya: Firstborn2! I'm using 100% pure garlic powder that I purchased from Farmers Market. I do feel that it's helping with the shedding. The brand however is in either Chinese or Japanese writing :ohwell: but I'm sure any 100% pure brand will do.

Last edited:

Neith

Here is the result of my detangling session today:

Not bad. I will post again if I figure out a way to improve!

Kerryann

My shedding from taking garlic pilss has reduced a great deal so detangling is not bad at all. Also i dont really comb the hair anymore i just leave it so that also helps

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thanks Sheryl, I'll head to Wholefoods this weekend, I'm going to also try the garlic pills, next time I detangle my hair, which will be a few days before x-mas I will start to photo document my shedded hair.

FocusLady

I'm in. I lose so much hair when I wash; I almost cried last week. The middle of my hair gets so tangled. I wash it upside down in the sink which I know is a NO NO. I'm going to start washing in the shower.

LadyLeoSmile

I'm in. I lose so much hair when I wash; I almost cried last week. The middle of my hair gets so tangled. I wash it upside down in the sink which I know is a NO NO. I'm going to start washing in the shower.

sometimes I wash in the sink as well, but I didn't know it was a NO NO. Maybe thats part of my problem. :wallbash: grrrrr

baddison

natural for good
alma oli as a pre poo with heat has helped with detangling

AGREED!! Amla oil is the truth. I spray first with S-Curl, then lather generously with Dabur Amla oil. My detangling comb literally glides right thru the hair. Then I put on a plastic shower cap for 30-45minutes for pre-poo. Even rinsing out the mixture is as smooth as butter. :yep:

Amla oil is a keeper for me for detangling and pre-pooing!! :dance7:

anon123

I am always on this challenge. So I guess I'm in. Honestly I don't know what to do. I had accepted a moderate amount of breakage with each detangling, but if there is some way to prevent it, I'd like to find out. I'm starting to think my hair grows faster than average. That's because I trim 1-2" a year and retained 3-4" last year, while knowing I break quite a big of my hair off. I see little bits and long bits and O's and everything every time I detangle and wash my hair.

lolascurls

sometimes I wash in the sink as well, but I didn't know it was a NO NO. Maybe thats part of my problem. :wallbash: grrrrr
It's ok to wash in the sink as long as you wash in large braids so your hair doesn't tangle. Once I made that extra step routine, I get less tangling and breakage!:grin:

SherylsTresses

I am always on this challenge. So I guess I'm in. Honestly I don't know what to do. I had accepted a moderate amount of breakage with each detangling, but if there is some way to prevent it, I'd like to find out. I'm starting to think my hair grows faster than average. That's because I trim 1-2" a year and retained 3-4" last year, while knowing I break quite a big of my hair off. I see little bits and long bits and O's and everything every time I detangle and wash my hair.

:welcome: Mwedzi! I've always admired your hair. :yep:

KatKronicles

This is my main goal. Can you add me to the list please ?

Also, i cant give out tips as of yet because I dont have any. Ill have to scroll and read carefully to get pointers myself.

Neith

Here is a pic of my latest detangling session:

There was an improvement since the last pic I took :)

What I did differently was fingercomb each small section before I detangled with the comb. I also didn't attempt any type of detangling until after DCing (Coarse heads, I know y'all will understand!)

I usually just squeeze some extra conditioner into the section and then comb immediately.

Takes a little more time, but it's better to use fingers first. I will do this from now on :yep:

SherylsTresses

Dec 12th

Moisture Regimen:
  1. Prepoo overnight with conditioner, garlic powder and oils
  2. Shampoo with Silicon Mix
  3. DC with Silicon Mix Avanti moisturizing conditioner w/ heat for 20 mins
  4. Apply more conditioner and detangle in shower
  5. Roux Porosity Control as a final rinse for 1 minute
  6. Towel dry w/o disturbing position of detangled hair
  7. Apply Chi Keratin Mist, leave-in, EVOO
  8. Airdry in five braids, then wear braidout
  9. Moisturize as needed with Nexxus Humectin and EVOO
This is what I lost:........

Attachments

• Dec 12th 002.jpg
    Dec 12th 002.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 18

Kiki82

IM IN....I CO WASHED TODAY...I HAD BANTU KNOTS BEFORE AND I JUST PARTED MY HAIR TO THE SIDE PUT SOME DEEP CONDITIONER ON DRY HAIR FOR A FEW HOURS...THEN COWASHED OUT. I PUT IT IN A BUN AND LET IT DRY...I WILL POST PICS ON HOW MUCH HAIR I LOST IN THIS PROCESS.

SherylsTresses

IM IN....I CO WASHED TODAY...I HAD BANTU KNOTS BEFORE AND I JUST PARTED MY HAIR TO THE SIDE PUT SOME DEEP CONDITIONER ON DRY HAIR FOR A FEW HOURS...THEN COWASHED OUT. I PUT IT IN A BUN AND LET IT DRY...I WILL POST PICS ON HOW MUCH HAIR I LOST IN THIS PROCESS.

:hiya: KiKi Thanks for joining...!!! :yep:

lizzyb168

Im in!

I wash my hair in twists or braids and detangle after. It drastically decreases the hair when combing out!

SherylsTresses

I didn't do too well detangling this past weekend. I combed through my damp almost dry hair and pulled too much out; I'm 20 weeks post. I will NEVER do that again...!!! :nono::perplexed:ohwell::wallbash:

lolascurls

I'm finding tea rinses really useful! Also, I've been wetting my hair in the bun it stays in most of the week with water. I grab a handful over the sink and splash onto the hair.
Then I apply my Kid's Organics Shea butter detangling lotion and some oil to seal. In the morning, I spritz on water, rosemary, glycerin and tea tree oil spray and I'm good to go!
We'll see what my detangle session on Thursday will be like after 14 days of not combing(only with fingers so far) or detangling! ;)

SVT

I want to be in this challenge too! :grin:

Ok, so now I'm in the Waistlength 2010 and the Lose Minimal Hair 2010 challenges. These seem to complement each other.

I'm pumped! Ready to grow! :yep:

ETA: Bought some GroHealthy hair oil a couple of weeks ago. I like it's detangling abilities. Last night I braided my hair into two pigtails for bed. Will try to braid more often.

Last edited:

SherylsTresses

I want to be in this challenge too! :grin:

Ok, so now I'm in the Waistlength 2010 and the Lose Minimal Hair 2010 challenges. These seem to complement each other.

I'm pumped! Ready to grow! :yep:

ETA: Bought some GroHealthy hair oil a couple of weeks ago. I like it's detangling abilities. Last night I braided my hair into two pigtails for bed. Will try to braid more often.

Thanks for joining SVT!!! :hiya:

My usual nightly regimen is two moisturized and sealed pigtails with satin pillow curlers on the ends. I wanted to join that Waistlength 2010 Challenge but I'm decided to bc to BSL and stay there until I fully transition to natural. Welcome aboard!

LadyLeoSmile

I did my first coffee rinse this weekend, and I must say I loved it! First I dc'd, well slathered the dc on dry hair and left it on for hours. then co washed a couple of times and the last time rinsed the condish out with the coffee. My hair was so soft, and I love the smell of coffee so I didn't mind that. It didn't last more than a few minutes though. lol

I would have taken pics of how much hair I lost, but someone stole my camera Friday at a christmas party and I have to go buy a new one. I'll be doing the coffee rinse at least once a week now.

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I did my hair after a month hiatus - Don't stone me.

I prepooed with Fenugreek Oil, then I dc'd overnight with ayurvedic powders and silicon mix. I rinsed with Coffee and Fenugreek (rinse) and I detangled about a 2x2in amount of hair.

Not bad for a month!! This is with blowdrying and flat ironing. I am quite pleased. I should have kept the hair for documentation, i'm on it next time.

Keep that hair in your scalp, Ladies!!