2010 Sulfur Challenge

NJoy

Here I grow again!
You having fun? You know you got me itching like a crackhead over here, wanting to buy that splitender for my next trim.

:lachen: Oh lawd! I'm an enabler. :lachen: It's all good, mama. That thing made my dusting easy. I know that it cut good ends too but, you can't even tell. And now I'm working with fresh ends. Just knowing that makes me feel better. :yep: (yeah. like that's helping your itch. :lachen:)

flowinlocks

:lachen: Oh lawd! I'm an enabler. :lachen: It's all good, mama. That thing made my dusting easy. I know that it cut good ends too but, you can't even tell. And now I'm working with fresh ends. Just knowing that makes me feel better. :yep: (yeah. like that's helping your itch. :lachen:)

:lachen: Not at all. Where did you buy yours from?

Aggie

I took a week's break from my MN application and will be back on it maybe tonight or tomorrow night, not sure which. I am feeling so lazy tonight:look:.

Aggie

Oh by the way, I think this weekend, I will mix my own sulfur 8 grease using a jar of Blue Magic or Vaseline grease, a teaspoon of Preferred Plus Sulfur powder and some essential oils for scent improvement, blend well and add all the moisturizing hair lotion and natural oils that I use to complete my mix.

Sulfur 8 grease is just wayyy too expensive to buy here in the Bahamas and way cheaper for me to simply make my own version of it myself. I hope it comes out well.

flowinlocks

Oh by the way, I think this weekend, I will mix my own sulfur 8 grease using a jar of Blue Magic or Vaseline grease, a teaspoon of Preferred Plus Sulfur powder and some essential oils for scent improvement, blend well and add all the moisturizing hair lotion and natural oils that I use to complete my mix.

Sulfur 8 grease is just wayyy too expensive to buy here in the Bahamas and way cheaper for me to simply make my own version of it myself. I hope it comes out well.

:blush: Aggie your hair has grown so much! Congratulations on making BSL!!:bouncy: (again).

Emoniegirl03

I've been getting a lot of breakage lately not sure what its from. i'm gonna cut back on my sulfur and clarify and start over and try to keep it simple, maybe just take sulfur internally

flowinlocks

I've been getting a lot of breakage lately not sure what its from. i'm gonna cut back on my sulfur and clarify and start over and try to keep it simple, maybe just take sulfur internally

Sorry to hear about your breakage. Sulfur can be drying to the hair. Could it be your hair is craving more moisture? Have you been applying it to the scalp only or just the roots? Maybe you need to do a protein treatment to stop the breakage. Then up your moisture.

Aggie

:blush: Aggie your hair has grown so much! Congratulations on making BSL!!:bouncy: (again).

Thanks FL but I have since trimmed it back to shoulder length. I wanted to see if I can reach BSL fully relaxed and now that I know I can get there, I thought I'd try it again while transitioning to texlaxed hair:yep:.

blueberryd

Girl me too! I had to stop this challenge like a month ago b/c my hair was growing tooooo fast and toooo thick and was becoming a mess to detangle...my hair was growing but I turned right back around and lost it in the detangling process. :perplexed And my last relaxer was june 09 sooo I just couldn't handle it. Mayb after I find a good detangler and get a solid reggie down--I'll try again.

flowinlocks

Thanks FL but I have since trimmed it back to shoulder length. I wanted to see if I can reach BSL fully relaxed and now that I know I can get there, I thought I'd try it again while transitioning to texlaxed hair:yep:.

My bad, I 'm sure you be back there in no time.:yep: Hows the transition going?

flowinlocks

Girl me too! I had to stop this challenge like a month ago b/c my hair was growing tooooo fast and toooo thick and was becoming a mess to detangle...my hair was growing but I turned right back around and lost it in the detangling process. :perplexed And my last relaxer was june 09 sooo I just couldn't handle it. Mayb after I find a good detangler and get a solid reggie down--I'll try again.

Sorry to hear about your breakage. What product were you using to detangle?

And, ahem what had your hair growing so fast and thick?:sekret:

Aggie

My bad, I 'm sure you be back there in no time.:yep: Hows the transition going?

It's alright hun, you didn't know. My transition is a lot easier now than it was 5 months ago, Weird huh? I finally have a grip on what my natural hair likes and doesn't like and I am treating it accordingly. I still do one or two hits and misses but for the most part, I am managing the transition pretty well. Thanks so much for asking:yep:.

anilyn

Today's the end of week 2 on the challenge. I'm so glad I found this. My hair has done a complete 180 in terms of lack of breakage and softness. I think the extra water and Biotin are helping too.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Sorry to hear about your breakage. What product were you using to detangle?

And, ahem what had your hair growing so fast and thick?:sekret:

Bumping for a response to Flowinlocks' question. Inquiring minds wanna know. :look:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Will apply Claudie's everyday this week. I just took my first silica pill today. We will see how that goes.

flowinlocks

I'm back on the sulfur. Today I mixed up 2 batches with the sublimed sulfur. The first one was Afroveda Shikakai growth Elixir, Castor oil and sulfur. The second one was Hairveda Shikakai oil and sulfur.

I will be going hard alternating the 2 for the next few months.

Sigh.... Trying to push my way to BSL.

Ltown

Greyland
I use up my BT, that last 2 months. I'm going to mix my sulfur powder with JBCO with peppermint oil.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yay!! I'm home! Now I can get back to using my sulfur mix and taking MSM. And, yes! daily cowashing, DC'g, steaming, oh my! I'm back in full force, mamas! Let the obsessing resume! :grin:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Does anyone apply on wet hair? I usually apply on dry hair so I was just wondering. Also since I didn't get a chance to apply yesterday since my hair was wet.

flowinlocks

Does anyone apply on wet hair? I usually apply on dry hair so I was just wondering. Also since I didn't get a chance to apply yesterday since my hair was wet.

Never tried it, I guess that's something else for us to experiment with. Are you seeing any growth from the Claudies?