2010 Sulfur Challenge

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Never tried it, I guess that's something else for us to experiment with. Are you seeing any growth from the Claudies?
I think so. I think I got some from Beemine too. It's so hard to truly measure my hair. As more new growth comes in my curl pattern is getting tighter and of course I don't straighten so it's been interesting trying to assess growth. After this week I will alternate Claudie's & Beemine by week for a month then by day the following month.

Ltown

Greyland
:grin:
Does anyone apply on wet hair? I usually apply on dry hair so I was just wondering. Also since I didn't get a chance to apply yesterday since my hair was wet.

I apply on both wet/dry. I do just apply to the scalp and then use another carrier oil for my seal. Since my hair is wet 3 times a week I want any additional growth opportunity I can get

Aggie

I'm back on the sulfur. Today I mixed up 2 batches with the sublimed sulfur. The first one was Afroveda Shikakai growth Elixir, Castor oil and sulfur. The second one was Hairveda Shikakai oil and sulfur.

I will be going hard alternating the 2 for the next few months.

Sigh.... Trying to push my way to BSL.
One day, one week, one month, one inch at a time, you WILL get there hun.

Ltown

Greyland
I was so close to buying BT, just can't get past the shipping.:wallbash: Did you notice any results from using it.

I brought mine from the exchange thread so I wouldn't pay for the shipping either. $27 with a discount no way, I got mine $15. I have not done a length check but I'm check this weekend and come back with results.

Aggie

:grin:

I apply on both wet/dry. I do just apply to the scalp and then use another carrier oil for my seal. Since my hair is wet 3 times a week I want any additional growth opportunity I can get
How long have you been natural ltown?

Ltown

Greyland
How long have you been natural ltown?

Aggie, only 2 months. I did the long-term transition without BC leaving me at sl. It challenging because I never been natural at this length I would cave in and relax. I'm now in my own style challenge, sometime I like twist/braidout or not, puff are great. No afro my hair is too straight in the middle. That is probably the most challenging when you become natural is really knowing what your hair type is.

Aggie

Aggie, only 2 months. I did the long-term transition without BC leaving me at sl. It challenging because I never been natural at this length I would cave in and relax. I'm now in my own style challenge, sometime I like twist/braidout or not, puff are great. No afro my hair is too straight in the middle. That is probably the most challenging when you become natural is really knowing what your hair type is.

Well your avi pic is mighty cute none the less. I love the texture I can see.

morehairplease

Checking in for today....applied my cge and mn mixture to my scalp, moisturized and sealed with oil. I plan on cw my hair Wednesday or Thursday.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I'm still in the game and applying my sulfur/castor oil mix. This is week three for me since my last relaxer and length check. I feel a good bit of new growth but mostly in the front of my hair. I was hoping for a miracle 3/4 inch but I don't think so. I do feel my hair hitting a different spot on my back again and I haven't felt that in a while since my setback.

The new growth in the back is not as wavy, kinda like one big softer wave so it's hard to tell if it's really new growth or what. Plus, it's still kinda straight from flat-ironing. I think the textures are different because the waves in the front are harder and smaller.

I added some MN to my mix this time. I did get a headache the next day which was wash day anyway. I didn't get a headache the next time I applied it though.

I looked in one Family Dollar and there wasn't a single Family Dollar brand MN box there. Is this something that's going to be hard to find? I'm gonna check another one.

Good luck to us all and happy growing!!

Ltown

Greyland
I'm still in the game and applying my sulfur/castor oil mix. This is week three for me since my last relaxer and length check. I feel a good bit of new growth but mostly in the front of my hair. I was hoping for a miracle 3/4 inch but I don't think so. I do feel my hair hitting a different spot on my back again and I haven't felt that in a while since my setback.

The new growth in the back is not as wavy, kinda like one big softer wave so it's hard to tell if it's really new growth or what. Plus, it's still kinda straight from flat-ironing. I think the textures are different because the waves in the front are harder and smaller.

I added some MN to my mix this time. I did get a headache the next day which was wash day anyway. I didn't get a headache the next time I applied it though.

I looked in one Family Dollar and there wasn't a single Family Dollar brand MN box there. Is this something that's going to be hard to find? I'm gonna check another one.

I could never find it at Family dollar or dollar general. Target has their brand cost no more than $4.00. Aggie has a good MN mix in her fotki I've used in the past, no headaches!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I could never find it at Family dollar or dollar general. Target has their brand cost no more than $4.00. Aggie has a good MN mix in her fotki I've used in the past, no headaches!

I'm glad you told me that because I'm not gonna go crazy looking for it. I have the Equate brand now but I wasn't sure if it was any good since I never heard anybody mention it. I'll check out Aggie's mix in her Fotki.

Thanks bunches!

LaidBak

Checking in. I bought some EMU oil/MSM/Vitamin C cream. I am going to try it on my edges because its totally non greasy and I can use it every day. i've used it once. As long as it doesn't cause white buildup (like some creams do) then its a keeper.

Still on my oral MSM. Relaxed recently, so I'll go back to topical sulfur in about another 5 days.

blueberryd

Sorry to hear about your breakage. What product were you using to detangle?

And, ahem what had your hair growing so fast and thick?:sekret:

Sorry for the late response--I haven't been checking this thread often...buttttt I was using my own coconut oil and sulfur mix on my scalp 3x/week. I really don't have an official detangler--I would just use neutragena triple moisture and leave it on for like an hour---which was working for a while but my roots just kept getting thicker and thicker!!! Plus I don't know how patient I really am--I've never really had to deal with my hair 9+ months post. I may try kinky curly or mane n tail detangler and try the sulfur thang again b/c it was definitely working :grin:

flowinlocks

Sorry for the late response--I haven't been checking this thread often...buttttt I was using my own coconut oil and sulfur mix on my scalp 3x/week. I really don't have an official detangler--I would just use neutragena triple moisture and leave it on for like an hour---which was working for a while but my roots just kept getting thicker and thicker!!! Plus I don't know how patient I really am--I've never really had to deal with my hair 9+ months post. I may try kinky curly or mane n tail detangler and try the sulfur thang again b/c it was definitely working :grin:

Cowashing always seems to help soften my ng. Aussie Moist and Suave Humectant are my 2 top favs.

blueberryd

thanks! I'll try aussie--suave humectant didn't do much for me...I liked the regular suave coconut oil tho.

Aggie

I'm still in the game and applying my sulfur/castor oil mix.

I added some MN to my mix this time. I looked in one Family Dollar and there wasn't a single Family Dollar brand MN box there. Is this something that's going to be hard to find? I'm gonna check another one.

I noticed the bolded at amazon.com as well. I used to be able to purchase the Fougera MN brand that I liked by the dozens and very cheaply I might add. Now I can't even find one available there or anywhere else for that matter:nono:.

It's a bit frustrating for me too but this will not deter me. I will still keep trying to find the best price online as they are really too expensive here in the Bahamas.

Anyway, I just ordered about 14 MN to last me a long while just so I don't have to keep ordering every month.

Aggie

Aussie Moist is much thicker, it seems to melt my ng. I like keeping the Suave on hand for whenever I need extra slip.

I concur FL with the bolded. I used Aussie Moist to detangle with in the shower after my henna and indigo application and it worked like a charm on my 14+ months of new growth. I couldn't believe it.

I saturated my wet hair with the AM conditioner. I then sectioned off my hair in 9 smaller sections and detangled that way using a wide-toothed comb. I then plait them as I detangled to prevent it tangling up again. It was almost effortless.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:I'm just speaking the truth.

Thanks, Flow. You're awesome at providing supportive feedback. :thankyou: I should have a new updated pic by now but am trying to cut back on length checks. I was doing 2x a month :)blush:) and it was driving me crazy. But, don't hold me to that. I might show up with a pic tomorrow. :blush:

When's the official length check for this thread?

flowinlocks

Thanks, Flow. You're awesome at providing supportive feedback. :thankyou: I should have a new updated pic by now but am trying to cut back on length checks. I was doing 2x a month :)blush:) and it was driving me crazy. But, don't hold me to that. I might show up with a pic tomorrow. :blush:

When's the official length check for this thread?[/QUOTE]

June, I wanted to do my album pic. over because it's crappy, but I'm trying to hold out. Hopefully I'll get a nice surprise.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Whew! June is a long ways away, mama. I'm sure I'll post pics before then. But certainly by then too. I'd better be full bsl by June. seriously. I'd BETTER be!

:perplexed Sweet Jesus. Theoretically, I could be mbl by the end of the summer! :eek2: Hold up. If I act right...keep moving at a decent pace...and the stars are aligned...and the Lord showers me with favor... I could be sneaking up on WL by the end of the year?:thud:Girl, let me go to bed. Surely I'm dreaming already. :thud:Or maybe it's this chardonnay that I'm sipping on. I'm going to bed. G'nite.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Sneaking back in here to add, you've come a LONG way, Flow! You should be fainting right along with me at the thought of how far we can get by the end of this year! :yep: